Spicing up flat sounding drum loops with Replika XT

Author
sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
2018/03/04 05:24:25 (permalink)

Spicing up flat sounding drum loops with Replika XT

I have to be honest and admit I actually had no idea that I even had Replika XT. I guess it came with my upgrade to Ultimate 11 and I never checked it out. 

Tonight I was chopping up some groovy Loop Loft drum loops that I had lying around, but they sounded kind of flat and lifeless. Well recorded, but lacking the kind of space I needed for the track. They already had a bit of room ambience on them and all of my attempts to add more reverb, whether rooms or plates or impulses or whatever, just made things sound mushy. So then I spotted Replika XT in my plugins list and thought why not, maybe there's some cool delay presets in there which would spice things up. 

Wow. There really are. It has some really great sounding reflection/reverb style presets which with a bit of tweaking sound absolutely incredible on drum loops and fit very nicely in a mix. Fire it up and try it when you get the chance. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1