Spike/Pop ! Do you know what this is ? VIDEO

Author
taccess
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 534
2017/07/19 06:44:50 (permalink)

Spike/Pop ! Do you know what this is ? VIDEO

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tinp08aexf6yldr/ScreenCapture_7-19-2017%2012.43.39%20PM.wmv?dl=0

Please watch the video and Help Me if you can ! Best to download it so you can read the notes i am writing!
1) what are those spikes and pops
2) I put my mic up to my speaker today and it has picked up a new issue that i cannot normally hear ! when i am typing on the notepad the word WOW there is a static noise that can be heard and seems to go off and on during the recoeding! What could that be!

This is a problem that haunts me and has been a issue for to long, i need it gone. Can you please help me understand what it might be.

Thanks

z800 Dual x5690
NvME 256gb 950Pro / Win10
LSI  MegaRaid
Nvidia 450 GTS
96GB 1366MHZ
RME Babyface

11 Replies Related Threads

chuckebaby
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re: Spike/Pop ! Do you know what this is ? VIDEO 2017/07/19 13:39:12 (permalink)
    Any wireless devices?
    Does your PC have a wireless card, Bluetooth ?
    Do you have any other devices near your PC that have communications ?

If you do go to Device manager in Windows and disable them. You can re enable when you need them but disable them and test it again.

My second guess is a bad USB cable or a bad USB port.
    It happen to me last year. After plugging and unplugging my Soundcard in 6 million times a year the port wore out.

I watched some of the video but im in the middle of doing something right now.
    To me it was really evident in the drum loop. And personally it sound to me like interference.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

taccess
    Re: Spike/Pop ! Do you know what this is ? VIDEO 2017/07/19 14:16:57 (permalink)
    No wireless
    No Bluetooth

I also suspect it is my Babyface / USB port issue.

The good thing about this particular problem is I can replicate it everytime I start the project so everything I try to do to solve this or each step will give me a true result as to wether it fixes it or not, just a pain to restart it each time but will be worth it when I find out what though !

I am a little worried about that on and off static / tv noise that the microphone picked up during recording, I can't hear that with my ears in the studio and I wonder if it's related to those spikes you see in Pro-L in the video? Or if it's because the microphone is 5cm away from the shielded Yamaha ?

I picked up a editol fa-101 firwire about 10 minutes ago of gumtree for $100 just to check this USB theory which I will do in the morning , it's 10pm here down under.

Thanks for the suggestions

z800 Dual x5690
    LSI  MegaRaid
    Nvidia 450 GTS
    96GB 1366MHZ
    RME Babyface
    taccess
    Re: Spike/Pop ! Do you know what this is ? VIDEO 2017/07/20 10:04:04 (permalink)
    UPDATE Regarding the two Problems in the video above :

Problem 1) Crackling which i cannot hear during playback but hear in this video recording is (SOLVED).

When i recorded the video above there is a crackling sound which started at 2.37 and seemed to go on and off throughout the video, this has nothing to do with the BUG i am trying to get help with, however this problem (1) now needs to also be tracked down which i can happily say i have succeed with, so before i go onto the Main BUG i want to share how i solved problem 1.

Just to clarify: I could not hear problem 1 through my monitors and have never had this issue until this recording. So what i did to narrow it down was:
    A) open new platinum project no plugins at all > loop playback a audio file > then sent a loop back from sonar output in totalmix fx into microsoft expression screen capture ( which by the way is what i used to record the video above ) and recorded the loop for 10 minutes. When i examined the recording the crackles were there.
    B) I  then used the same loop sample in windows media player > then sent windows media player output  via loopback in totalmix fx back into into microsoft expression screen capture and recorded that loop for 10 minutes again. When i examined the recording the crackles were there but even worse.
    C)Finally I then tried using the same platinum project with no plugins at all > same loop playback audio file again > but this time i shut the screen capture down and recorded the loop back, back into platinum for 10 minutes via totalmix fx, when i examined the recorded audio there was no crackles at all .
    This is solid proof that Problem 1 was not my microphone up against my speaker but instead is the screen capture program that created the crackles. (SOLVED-!)

Problem 2) Main BUG : Big Pops and Spikes which you can hear and visually see in Pro-L, you can skip to these in the video which are at :https://www.dropbox.com/s/tinp08aexf6yldr/ScreenCapture_7-19-2017%2012.43.39%20PM.wmv?dl=0
    5.24, 5.48, 6.12, 6.19, 6.52, 6.58, 7.20, 7.57, 8.55, 9.16, ( 9.20 BIG ONE), 9.39, and continues randomly until the end of the video.
    Can i say this has been a issue for me for years over 3 different PC's and i want to try and solve this i need help and i need Cakewalk to recognize this and do something !
    I have tried for so long to catch this and have spent so much wasted time on PC and Windows believing that these might be responsible.
    They are not ! and neither is my sound card, which last night i got a cheap Roland FA 101 and connected it though fire wire and ran the Video test again and the same Spike/Pop problem was there, which means my baby face is not the problem either.
    Like i said before i have it cornered this BUG where i can reproduce it in my project each time i open the same one of course.
    Its a huge step towards getting this fixed because it can be mistaken by users for being something PC related etc etc and i can prove it is not.

How you ask, well i am going to record the same loop playback as the video above for 20 minutes, However this time after 18 minutes i am going to insert a plugin.Sonitus Plugin watch it here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s...p%20Video%202.wmv?dl=0

The results i expect and know by the way will be :
    1) No spikes or pops until i insert the plugin
    What does this mean
    2) It means that if playback is fine with no spikes or pops until i insert a plugin then it cant be my computer or my sound card, it must be a BUG.

Keep in mind i have just spent 4 solid days with latencymon and this project on loop playback without me doing and mixing to this project ( no adding vst or midi notes/ nothing just solid playback for latencymon purposes) and platinum had no spikes or pops. This helped me notice the trigger !

I need other users to please skip to the times in the video i have put above and let me know if you also have experienced this over the years, i am trying to get this fixed, i am not trying to be a pain.

Just to summarize those pops and spikes you see in my video have been around for years they are not new and i have noticed them over several PC's, you to must have seen these at some point and like me went searching for them as PC or sound card issue's or brushed them off as an occasional anomaly like i did.
    I believe this problem is more noticeable on larger projects or easier to come across for that matter then a simple new project. 
    What this is exactly i am not sure of and what ever i can do to help solve it i will, i have spend more time on this bug then you will ever imagine trust me, i love Sonar and this has to be fixed at some stage, i am willing to hand over my project without the midi notes of course to Cakewalk Staff so this can be solved faster if that is required.

I appreciate your time and help with this matter!

Lastly!
    Although in the latest video i have just uploaded i actually show you my disk activity which is 0.30% during playback : I wish i could try : ExtraDiskBuffers=2 ( NO Documentation : Don't even know what 2 represents)
    We Need Full Disclose on the documentation relating to the AUD.ini ! Please Cakewalk
    Here is my AUD.ini in case anyone thinks they can see an issue .
    [Aud]
    DataDir=C:\Cakewalk Projects\Audio Data
    PictureDir=C:\Cakewalk Projects\Picture Cache
    PicCacheMB=500
    PicCacheZoom=128
    PicCacheLevels=2
    EnablePicCacheThreads=1
    ComputePicturesWhilePlaying=1
    CopyOnImport=1
    ReadCache=0
    WriteCache=0
    EnableCacheWriteThru=1
    VolMethod=1
    PanMethod=1
    DiskBufSize=2048
    DiskRecBufSize=2048
    ExtraDiskBuffers=2
    DitherAlgorithm=0
    ZeroFillMethod=1
    RecordPreAllocSeconds=0
    ZeroFillDB=300
    FlushWriteBeforeRead=0
    FlushMultiple=1
    DefaultEqPosition=0
    DefaultAudSnapOfflineStretchMethod=3
    DefaultAudSnapOnlineStretchMethod=1
    RadiusStretchingPitchCoherence=50
    RadiusStretchingPhaseCoherence=50
    DefaultVocalSyncOfflineStretchMethod=7
    DefaultVocalSyncOnlineStretchMethod=1
    RealtimePreroll=0
    SuspendPluginsOnBounce=1
    [Wave]
    DefaultSampleRate=44100
    DriverID=0
    WaveInID=0
    OpenInputFirst=0
    SmpteMode=1
    TimingOffsetMsec=0.000000
    TimingOffsetBuffers=0
    LatencyMsec=46
    BounceBufSizeMsec=0
    AlwaysStreamAudioThroughFx=0
    MaxInputChannels=16
    MaxOutputChannels=16
    ThreadSchedulingModel=2
    TransDetectorModel=1
    EnableMixThreads=1
    MixThreadCount=0
    EnableSetThreadIdealProcessor=1
    EnablePluginLoadBalancing=0
    MinPluginLoadBalancingBufferSamples=128
    CSUseSpin=1
    AllowOfflineRenderMixThreads=1
    UseMMCSS=1
    MMCSSThreadPriority=2
    MMCSSTaskKey=Pro Audio
    FreeMemOnUnload=1
    AlwaysOpenAllDevices=0
    MinimizeDriverStateChanges=1
    RemoveDCOffset=0
    EnableAsioBufferSwitchTimeInfo=1
    EnableDeviceOutputLatencyCompensation=1
    UseHardwareSamplePosition=0
    BitsPerSample=24
    FileBitDepth=24
    RenderBitDepth=24
    ImportBitDepth=0
    ExtraPluginBufs=512
    MixDezipperUsec=500
    GapDezipperUsec=750
    WaveInBuffers=8
    WaveOutBuffersMME=4
    WaveOutBuffersKS=2
    MeterFrameSizeMS=40
    SyncMaxDriftMsec=2
    SyncDivisor=8
    ProfiledMME=0
    ProfiledKS=0
    ProfiledWASAPI=0
    UseWDMDmaForWASAPI=1
    LinkSendPan=0
    LinkPFSendMute=1
    StopOnEmptyPlayQueue=1
    KsUseInputEvent=0
    WaveOutExtraBuffers=1
    AutomationDecimationMsec=50
    EnableSSEMixing=1
    ThumbnailCacheSize=100
    ManageASIOThreadPriority=1
    EnableLiveADCRecalc=1
    UseAlias=0
    DropoutMsec=1000
    StartFadeMsec=0
    StopFadeMsec=0
    PanLaw=0
    PanLawCompatMode=0
    DisableIMDuringPlay=0
    ShowMultiChannelInputs=1
    ShowMultiChannelOutputs=1
    MaxPreviewMsec=300000
    EnableWasapiDSP=1
    [ASIO Fireface USB (5 in, 6 out)]
    InputLatencyOffset=0
    UseAsioReportedLatency=1
    MME.DriverMap.UseWaveOut1=0
    MME.DriverMap.UseWaveOut2=0
    MME.DriverMap.UseWaveOut3=1
    MME.DriverMap.UseWaveOut4=0
    MME.DriverMap.UseWaveOut5=0
    MME.DriverMap.UseWaveOut6=0
    MME.DriverMap.UseWaveIn1=0
    MME.DriverMap.UseWaveIn2=0
    MME.DriverMap.UseWaveIn3=0
    MME.DriverMap.UseWaveIn4=1
    MME.DriverMap.UseWaveIn5=0
    [ASIO4ALL v2 (1 in, 4 out)]
    InputLatencyOffset=0
    UseAsioReportedLatency=1
    MME.DriverMap.UseWaveOut3=0
    [SampleRates]
    Count=11
    0=8000
    1=11025
    2=22050
    3=44100
    4=48000
    5=88200
    6=96000
    7=176400
    8=192000
    9=352800
    10=384000
    [AliasInput]
    ASIO Fireface USB Analog 1 (1)=ASIO Fireface USB Analog 1 (1)
    ASIO Fireface USB Adat 1 (1)=ASIO Fireface USB Adat 1 (1)
    ASIO Fireface USB Adat 3 (1)=ASIO Fireface USB Adat 3 (1)
    ASIO Fireface USB Adat 5 (1)=ASIO Fireface USB Adat 5 (1)
    ASIO Fireface USB Adat 7 (1)=ASIO Fireface USB Adat 7 (1)
    ASIO4ALL v2 Babyface Analog (1+2) 1=ASIO4ALL v2 Babyface Analog (1+2) 1
    ASIO4ALL v2 FA-101 In 1 1=ASIO4ALL v2 FA-101 In 1 1
    EDIROL FA-101 MicIn1 left=EDIROL FA-101 MicIn1 left
    EDIROL FA-101 LineIn 3&4 left=EDIROL FA-101 LineIn 3&4 left
    EDIROL FA-101 LineIn 5&6 left=EDIROL FA-101 LineIn 5&6 left
    EDIROL FA-101 LineIn 7&8 left=EDIROL FA-101 LineIn 7&8 left
    EDIROL FA-101 SpdifIn left=EDIROL FA-101 SpdifIn left
    [AliasOutput]
    ASIO Fireface USB Analog 1 (1)=ASIO Fireface USB Analog 1 (1)
    ASIO Fireface USB Analog 3 (1)=ASIO Fireface USB Analog 3 (1)
    ASIO Fireface USB Adat 1 (1)=ASIO Fireface USB Adat 1 (1)
    ASIO Fireface USB Adat 3 (1)=ASIO Fireface USB Adat 3 (1)
    ASIO Fireface USB Adat 5 (1)=ASIO Fireface USB Adat 5 (1)
    ASIO Fireface USB Adat 7 (1)=ASIO Fireface USB Adat 7 (1)
    ASIO4ALL v2 Babyface Analog (1+2) 1=ASIO4ALL v2 Babyface Analog (1+2) 1
    ASIO4ALL v2 Babyface Analog (1+2) 3=ASIO4ALL v2 Babyface Analog (1+2) 3
    ASIO4ALL v2 Babyface Analog (1+2) 5=ASIO4ALL v2 Babyface Analog (1+2) 5
    ASIO4ALL v2 Babyface Analog (1+2) 7=ASIO4ALL v2 Babyface Analog (1+2) 7
    ASIO4ALL v2 Not Connected 1=ASIO4ALL v2 Not Connected 1
    ASIO4ALL v2 FA-101 Out 1 1=ASIO4ALL v2 FA-101 Out 1 1
    EDIROL FA-101 LineOut 1&2 left=EDIROL FA-101 LineOut 1&2 left
    EDIROL FA-101 LineOut 3&4 left=EDIROL FA-101 LineOut 3&4 left
    EDIROL FA-101 LineOut 5&6 left=EDIROL FA-101 LineOut 5&6 left
    EDIROL FA-101 LineOut 7&8 left=EDIROL FA-101 LineOut 7&8 left
    EDIROL FA-101 SpdifOut left=EDIROL FA-101 SpdifOut left
    [ASIO4ALL v2 (1 in, 1 out)]
    InputLatencyOffset=0
    UseAsioReportedLatency=1
    MME.DriverMap.UseWaveOut1=1
    [EDIROL FA-101 (3 in, 3 out)]
    InputLatencyOffset=0
    UseAsioReportedLatency=1
    MME.DriverMap.UseWaveOut1=1
    [EDIROL FA-101 (5 in, 5 out)]
    InputLatencyOffset=0
    UseAsioReportedLatency=1
    MME.DriverMap.UseWaveOut5=0
    MME.DriverMap.UseWaveIn4=0
    MME.DriverMap.UseWaveIn5=0

z800 Dual x5690
    LSI  MegaRaid
    Nvidia 450 GTS
    96GB 1366MHZ
    RME Babyface
    mudgel
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12010
    Re: Spike/Pop ! Do you know what this is ? VIDEO 2017/07/20 10:16:01 (permalink)
    First thing I see in your aud.ini file is:
    I see you have ASIO4ALL despite having genuine ASIO drivers from the manufacturer. I'd uninstall that and reboot.

While it's only anecdotal there is much support for the notion that A4All can cause conflicts with genuine ASIO drivers. For a 5 minute job it's worth a try.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
    PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
    Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
    Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
    Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
    Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
    Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
    taccess
    Re: Spike/Pop ! Do you know what this is ? VIDEO 2017/07/20 10:43:46 (permalink)
    mudgel
    First thing I see in your aud.ini file is:
    I see you have ASIO4ALL despite having genuine ASIO drivers from the manufacturer. I'd uninstall that and reboot.

While it's only anecdotal there is much support for the notion that A4All can cause conflicts with genuine ASIO drivers. For a 5 minute job it's worth a try.

thanks for that I may have forgotten to switch it back with all this troubleshooting I am doing.

I always use the rme driver, just that today I tried the asio4all driver with the fa101 and the babyface as well as the manufactures drivers and I guess the asio4all combined with the babyface was the last one, tomorrow I will remember to switch it back

Cheers

z800 Dual x5690
    LSI  MegaRaid
    Nvidia 450 GTS
    96GB 1366MHZ
    RME Babyface
    Keith Albright [Cakewalk]
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1117
    Re: Spike/Pop ! Do you know what this is ? VIDEO 2017/07/21 17:13:05 (permalink)
    Thanks for the report and coming up with some sort of repro case.  It's not a slam dunk SONAR bug yet.

The 'pop' isn't a nan or typical over.  It seems to be crosstalk from the muted synth track.  In the video around 10 minutes you get to this.  Pre fader sends on tracks going to the bus apparently with tracks output to none.  However, how would the track mute for the synth work if that send is pre fader?  So more info is needed about the tracks, routing, etc. to have a hope of trying to repro this.  Too early yet to draw conclusions without more data to help us repro.  I do see you mention the P5 Compressor/Gate being added in a 2nd video those spikes happen around 21:28 and following.  Again it sounds like crosstalk.  I see the plugin window shows a solo, so when you 'muted' the synth was it by reason of bus solo?  Please clarify, thanks.
    post edited by Keith Albright [Cakewalk] - 2017/07/21 17:37:07

Keith
    taccess
    Re: Spike/Pop ! Do you know what this is ? VIDEO 2017/07/22 06:20:31 (permalink)
    Keith Albright [Cakewalk]
    Thanks for the report and coming up with some sort of repro case.  It's not a slam dunk SONAR bug yet.

The 'pop' isn't a nan or typical over.  It seems to be crosstalk from the muted synth track.  In the video around 10 minutes you get to this.  Pre fader sends on tracks going to the bus apparently with tracks output to none.  However, how would the track mute for the synth work if that send is pre fader?  So more info is needed about the tracks, routing, etc. to have a hope of trying to repro this.  Too early yet to draw conclusions without more data to help us repro.  I do see you mention the P5 Compressor/Gate being added in a 2nd video those spikes happen around 21:28 and following.  Again it sounds like crosstalk.  I see the plugin window shows a solo, so when you 'muted' the synth was it by reason of bus solo?  Please clarify, thanks.

Hi Keith
    Thanks for the reply, yes I agree totally it is definitely crosstalk, I believe it is linked to the pre sends particularly on a side chain signal.

Firstly:
    Because I use the same template over and over again, just swapping out patches etc, I made this template when platinum was released.
    So I was thinking, about a year ago i copied all my tracks via track template into a new platinum project thinking maybe the project got corrupted. Did not work !

Anyway yesterday I thought I am going to do the same again, except this time I am NOT going to use save track templates, instead I am going to manually copy each track, to know for sure if this is a corrupted project causing this.

I have some good news and bad news,

Good news is I think I know what the exact trigger is without a doubt, I have just finished manually adding all my track busses, with the compressors, ( gates - which are the only 2 side chains I added so far ), eq's, etc etc to these track busses.
    I have been pressing playback as I have been going to test run each step.
    I have just added my kicks, and now I am adding my drum parts.
    I have got to snareA and soon as I sent a sidechain signal to the glue vst on a kick track and pressed play there was one of those cross talk spikes!

I can't seem to trigger it again > I have stopped and for test purposes inserted as many sends on this snare track to every SIDECHAINABLE VST to see if it triggers again, I cannot .

This has to be a pre send sidechain signal leak, I realise that my template is larger and quite possibly that the amount of pre sends I use may be why no one else has seen this issue yet.
    I think I am up to track 60 , 50 of those are my track busses.

Anyway rather than continue, I have been saving the platinum project as I go rebuilding this template from scratch, in case I came across one of these Crosstalk spikes I can exit and just re do what I did rather than preforming a save after a crosstalk spike appears.

Something is wrong i don't know what exactly, I have noticed sometimes pre send inputs in the drop down menu remain even after all sources are deleted, and that sometimes a pre send input only gets removed by platinum from the input drop down menu after re booting the project.
    This is one of the concerns in my notes from way back, and this happened again today, prior to this crosstalk spike that happened today also, is this what's causing this ?
    I don't know, but I can assure you that to try and remove that pre send from the input drop down menu after I deleted all sources , I toggled the audio engine on/off then I toggled the midi engine on/off then I toggled input echo on/off then I tried through preferences to reload configuration settings which gives splat a nice shake, and none of them worked the pre send was still available in the input drop down menu. Anyway I saved the project then closed the project down, then re opened the project and the pre send was gone! So it took a complete shut down of platinum to fully dump a pre send input that was not connected to anything anymore but still available to select.
    This may not be the particular issue but it still is a issue that may be related!

Anyway I have now reloaded the project template I am rebuilding prior to the snares, and will continue to rebuild the template with the steps a lost , if the spike re appears, then I will shut it down and re open the project template I am rebuilding prior to the stuck pre send input I mentioned above, then I will continue on and see if the spike appears without a stuck pre send, and believe me I check them every time I remove one (: now ( pre send inputs !)

That's about all I can do is troubleshoot until it's solved.

Regarding muting a pre send , I have selected the aud.ini option for pre sends to follow track mute/solo.

Any suggestions or ideas is welcomed.

Will keep you posted as any new info appears,

z800 Dual x5690
    LSI  MegaRaid
    Nvidia 450 GTS
    96GB 1366MHZ
    RME Babyface
    taccess
    Re: Spike/Pop ! Do you know what this is ? VIDEO 2017/07/22 07:32:27 (permalink)
    Quote from my last post above :
    I have got to snareA and soon as I sent a sidechain signal to the glue vst on a kick track and pressed play there was one of those cross talk spikes!

UPDATE:
    So i reopened the saved project prior to the cross talk spike, then proceeded to re apply the same steps, and you wont believe it, but as soon as i got to the same EXACT step:
    "I sent a sidechain signal to the glue vst on a kick track"
    and then when i pressed play this time sonar crashed with a mini dump !YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So this is fantastic kind of, because the first time i inserted the pre send i witnessed the cross talk spike as soon as i pressed playback, then this time after appling the same steps EXACTLY  i got a mini dump.
    So what ever caused the dump is causing these spikes for me. HORAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    HARLALUUUUUYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I loaded up the mini dump, and am not to sure how to interpret it !
    0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000000C7EA8000.
    There are no vst plugins in the call stack.
    In the call stack tab there is approx 20 of these:  SONARPLT.exe!00000001404a4f85()    Unknown , all which look like different numbers.
    This is amazing, if sonar can read this mini dump and tell me what it is that caused this crash, then those crosstalk spikes are history for me and anyone else who hopefully never comes across them.

I will PM the dump file to Kieth now.
    Can someone let me know if Cakewalk can figure this out from a dump file ?
    Please, i have my hopes up again for the first time in a while, i hope they can ?

z800 Dual x5690
    LSI  MegaRaid
    Nvidia 450 GTS
    96GB 1366MHZ
    RME Babyface
    taccess
    Re: Spike/Pop ! Do you know what this is ? VIDEO 2017/07/22 11:52:23 (permalink)
    I have stopped rebuilding my template until i get some info on the mini dump, surely this cant just be one incompatible vst3 plug in all this time doing this to me, man i think it will be naked in the sea for me if that's the case.

I am curious as to how to work out what was using the address 0x00000000C7EA8000

z800 Dual x5690
    LSI  MegaRaid
    Nvidia 450 GTS
    96GB 1366MHZ
    RME Babyface
    taccess
    Re: Spike/Pop ! Do you know what this is ? VIDEO 2017/08/01 07:06:09 (permalink)
    Solved the source of this BUG!

It is Located in multi IN/OUT instruments at the Primary input inside Platinum.

I have swapped all my kontakt instances within my project with only 1 x multi in each instance of kontakt  and the problem has gone.

This took me two weeks straight to strip my project down and then find it and work backwards to the original project so i can at least continue without those spikes.

This is NOT a kontakt BUG, this is a PLatinum BUG, and i can prove it.
    I submitted a Ableton rewire BUG about 3 months ago where the inputs of Ableton go silent. This occurs at the same location as the spike BUG which is at the platinum Primary input.
    Both Kontakt and ABleton are both Multi IN/OUT instruments so there are two common factors where two BUGs exist.

When stripping this project down to find this BUG , i have found an additional two bugs, one which can occurs when pre sends are left behind after a destination AUX track has been deleted, this creates a blue circle to appear after 5 minutes and remain, the only cure is to remove the pre send/s that feed nothing.
    The other bug i found was the re naming bug when a patch point is renamed the pre sends feeding that patch point dont rename instantly and if you delete the aux track that contains the patch point and then manually update the pre send Rename this causes a instant crash.
    I have supplied video evidence and project evidence to Keith .
    I have also explained that busses already instantly update all renaming carried out by the user, on pre sends feeding them so why not tracks to eliminate this bug.
    I have also explained that busses already instantly automatically delete all pre sends feeding them when a bus is deleted, why don't tracks do this to which would also eliminate this blue circle bug .
    I am also concerned that when a patch point is deleted it remains in the in/out drop down menu as a available connection, and the only way to remove it is to save your project and then reopen it (Yes there are certain circumstances where this doesn't happen e.g if you insert a patch point then don't rename it and delete it, it  gets fully flushed from the project most times! ).
    I have been told this current protocol is because of deferred cleanup when users are reassigning ete etc, it is a hassle to re insert. I would ask to please re consider this and to remove all connections that are not being used or directed to anything immediately from a project.
    The blue circle bug i don't believe is linked to a "patch point and deferred cleanup" because when you saved a project once the blue circle bug is in it , when you reopen the saved project the deleted patch point is flushed but the blue circle bug remains and appears after 5 minutes.
    These bugs may also appear in different ways via different factors that users combine in there projects so eliminating them may solve similar different problems.
    The Kontakt and Ableton BUGs are an example of the same bug showing different results but in the same location.
    This demonstrates also the different instruments and effects don't always expose the same symptoms for the same BUG.

I have submitted the video and project details to Keith and Noel and now that we know what corner of the house the Spike Bug lives in, it should be faster to fix. Fingers crossed !

I am not trying to cause problems, by posting this information, i am actually trying to get these BUGs fixed fast.

z800 Dual x5690
    LSI  MegaRaid
    Nvidia 450 GTS
    96GB 1366MHZ
    RME Babyface
    Joe_A
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 458
    Re: Spike/Pop ! Do you know what this is ? VIDEO 2017/08/01 13:45:30 (permalink)
    That's great! A side comment on the FA-101, I've had one in regular use for several years and it's never produced any pops or crackles.
    Cables on the other hand; whether a USB, firewire, or even HDMI on shared monitor.....these can be issues. Although here it sounds like you've passed through the cable stage in detecting the problem.

jambrose@cfl.rr.com  Sonar Plat. Lifetime. Started in Sonar 4, each through 8.5.3PE.
    Scarlett 18i202nd gen., Edirol FA-101, M-Audio Firewire 410, AMD Phenom II 1045T six core processor, 8GB DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6450, dual displays, 1.5 TB SATA HD, USB 2, Firewire 1394A, 1394B, 18/22 mixer, EV Q-66, Yamaha HS50M monitors, few guitars, Fender Cybertwin SE, Fender Cyber foot controller, Boss RC20-XL, misc pedals, etc. Win Home Prem 64 bit.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1