Staff display issue

Author
revnice1
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1082
2014/09/06 16:37:41 (permalink)

Staff display issue

I have notes in the staff that are displayed an octave too high. I'd like to display them on the correct lines of the staff but I can't find a setting that does it.

Octave/Treble displays them 2 octaves too high and none of the other Layout presets brings the display down an octave.

What am I missing, how is it done?

Thanks - rev

2 Replies Related Threads

sock monkey
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 547
    Re: Staff display issue 2014/09/06 18:37:21 (permalink)
    It is well documented that Sonars Staff view sucks. I've read most people do there notation in other software, like Sibelius or Forte?

My small monkey brain would think that what might be happening is the synth patch your playing is one of those that is none standard octaves. This happens a lot.
    Play the part with the TTS-1 Piano or True Piano's  and see if it's in the correct octave.  

Cakelab - Sonar X3e Studio   
    Singer Songwriter, Solo Performer, Acoustic Duo and semi pro Sound Monkey.   

revnice1
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1082
    Re: Staff display issue 2014/09/06 19:43:40 (permalink)
    Sock:
    Sounds fine about the plug being off, some of them have a different C0 - but this is just a display issue.

I'm hearing the right notes so I can't transpose them to make the staff look right, the notes would then be produced an octave down when I only want the display an octave down.

I might be having a senior moment because but I've never noticed this octave issue before. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to live with it, it's just a single note melody.

I like Sonar's staff view because I read music and I don't play the piano. The Roll view is hard labor for me. 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1