Starting out session drummer 3 - td 20 midi question

Author
Norrie
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1665
2010/07/24 17:55:56 (permalink)

Starting out session drummer 3 - td 20 midi question

Hi guys

Could any one please talk me through what I need to do to set up session drummer 3 and my td 20 to play it.
What I need to set the input to on the audio or midi track etc to record from the midi cable

How do I load a kit in session drummer 3 for eg as when i load it its asking me to pic each drum is there pre sets ?

I have a v700 and v700c I am useing sonar producer 8.5 and I am very new to sonar so any help is great. 

If any one could talk me through this so I can set up tomorow an do some recording i would owe you big time :D

Thanks again :)

Norrie

3 Replies Related Threads

CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:Starting out session drummer 3 - td 20 midi question 2010/07/24 19:28:44 (permalink)
    First You need to take your midi out of your TD20 and take it into the Midi in of your sound card or midi interface. You use a 5pin connection or you can use USB, if the TD20 has that.

Then go into options > MIDI and define the midi input and outputs, if needed

Then do this:

1. You use the insert soft synth from the synth rack or from the insert menu in sonars menu bar and chose soft synths and select Session Drummer 3 or any other synth of your choice.
    2. When the property page opens, select multiple mono or stereo outs and check the MIDI source box and track folder box. Hit ok
    3. Then go into the  mixer section and at the bottom of each drum fader, you will see channels. change each channel from 1 to 10. The kick is 1, then snare is 2, the Hi-Hat is 3 and so on.
    Then play your drums and youll hear your sound. Make sure your latency is set low!!
    Cj
    post edited by CJaysMusic - 2010/07/25 20:56:24

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    Norrie
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1665
    Re:Starting out session drummer 3 - td 20 midi question 2010/07/25 17:29:43 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply

What exactly are you meening by the propertypage ive looked for an option for multiple mono or sterio and also a midi source box and cant seem to find it ;(

Another day gon by and i am not drumming ahhhh
    Cant get my superiour drummer to work eather
    Think i will try a midi keyboard tomorow aswell and see how I get on with that

This is a big learning curve for me as i am new to home recording and its a big step from protools to sonar a good step but a big one all the sam

Thanks for your patience and all your help so far! You guys on here are awesome :D

Norrie

CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:Starting out session drummer 3 - td 20 midi question 2010/07/25 20:55:39 (permalink)
    Follow my post above. I edited step #1 to make it more clear for you.
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1