Step Record - is this a bug?

Author
Combo
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 187
2011/01/10 18:00:01 (permalink)

Step Record - is this a bug?

Just installed X1 at the weekend but have used S8.5 and previous vns for a few years.  I've been trying to use Step Record in X1 to enter notes in Staff View.    When I try to enter more than 3 eighth notes in a row the note duration, for some reason, changes itself (to something weird like a dotted 16th tied to a 32nd).  This also happens with 16th notes, though not with the other durations I've tried so far (whole, half or quarter).  Is this perhaps a bug?  I've tweaked every setting on the Step Record pane.  Grateful for any advice and apologies if I've missed something.

I work in Staff View quite a lot and it is very disappointing that in X1 CW have removed the key binding of numbers to note durations when entering notes direct with the draw tool - thus slowing work flow right down.  I could of course re-bind these keys myself, but only in the Global Binding context (removing the current Nudge binding) not in the Staff View context.   Alongside the problem outlined above this is a step backward for me in terms of workflow.

Maybe CW are dumbing the product down.  E.g. the emphasis in Staff View on stuff like Fretboard view and Lyrics (who uses that stuff?) in place of the 'pick tracks' and 'layout' buttons. 

Thnx for any advice

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1