StevenSlate Drums install...what am I missing?

Author
yorolpal
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13829
2010/07/16 13:37:39 (permalink)

StevenSlate Drums install...what am I missing?

I recently got the Steven Slate EX package when it was an AudioMidi No Brainer plus I got most all of the expansion packs in the ensuing sales.  I loaded them on my then existing DAW and although I don't think I loaded them exactly as per instructions I could navigate to them in the Files section of Kontakt 4 and load em up and play them just fine.  Great.  Now I'm porting over to my new DAW.  I installed and authorized the EX package seemingly without problem.  And, strangely enough, now the "SteveSlate Drums" logo bar shows up in the Libraries in Kontakt 4 just like the factory presets and all my other Kontakt specific instruments (I.E.  Alicia's Keys, Mojo horns, etc...).  Great also.  Only when I installed (by copying over) all the instruments, multis and samples from my external backup drive exactly as per SSD instructions (I think) the program cannot find all the samples it needs to run the kits. I get the "samples missing" dialog and no matter what directory or subdirectory of the Steven Slate Library Folder (where all the kits reside) I point the Kontakt browser to it does not find the required samples.  If necessary I can uninstall everything and then, one at a time, unzip and reinstall the EX program and every single expansion pack but I'm hoping to avoid this.  Anybody got any suggestions?? 

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.

5 Replies Related Threads

strikinglyhandsome1
    Max Output Level: -3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7224
    Re:StevenSlate Drums install...what am I missing? 2010/07/16 13:59:01 (permalink)
    Follow the instructions.
    Seriously that's what I'd do.
    I noticed some people did their own thing last time but their instructions do work (kind of), as long as it's read correctly - and it was easy to see why people didn't.
    I can't recall the instructions as it was a while ago.
    I just have the Steven Slate Drums EX Library folder. In that I have the (created by me as per the instructions) 'Samples' folder - I'm sure it has to be written like that too.
    Now here was an oddity. It said put the NKX files in but I made a copy of  the NKC files and put them in because it wouldn't work properly if they were not in the 'Samples' folder as well.
    yorolpal
    Re:StevenSlate Drums install...what am I missing? 2010/07/16 14:27:24 (permalink)
    That may be it Strike, ol pal.  My EX didn't have a "Samples" folder so I just loaded all the exp packs Samples into the EX folder.  I'll try making a Samples Folder and see if that does the trick.  Thanks!!!

Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    strikinglyhandsome1
    Re:StevenSlate Drums install...what am I missing? 2010/07/16 14:39:11 (permalink)
    sINSTALLING STEVEN SLATE DRUMS 3.5 PC

1. Put all downloaded contents into a folder and unzip.
     Start the installation by double-clicking the Steven Slate Setup PC.exe.

2. The setup program will suggest C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\
    Documents as the path for the destination folder, however it is recommended that the Steven Slate Drums library gets installed on a fast external drive.

3. Press install to begin the library installation.

4. Install the KontaktPlayer3setup.exe

5. Copy and paste the NKX files from your download folder into the SAMPLES folder of your Steven Slate Drums library.  If you do not see a folder called Samples, create one.

6. If you can't find your Steven Slate Library, search for Steven Slate or SSD in Windows Explorer to locate it.

Once Installation is complete, run the application SERVICE CENTER to authorize the library.  Service Center is located in Program Files/Native Instruments.

Consult the SSD Player Operation manual for more information on using the software

ALL UPDATED MANUALS ARE LOCATED AT:
    WWW.STEVENSLATEDRUMS.COM/DOCUMENTS  

Q: I load Kontakt and it says "missing samples"

A: Make sure you copied the nkx files to the Samples folder.  If you have copied the nkx files to the Samples folder and still receive this message, load Kontakt and go to Options (gear icon on top)
    and subtab Load/Import and make sure that your library path
    points to your Steven Slate Drums library.  Then go to "save" and do a "batch resave".
    strikinglyhandsome1
    Re:StevenSlate Drums install...what am I missing? 2010/07/16 14:44:36 (permalink)
    And don't forget your instructions for each pack - they follow this routine

Rock Classics (or whatever name is on the pack - it's rock in this case) - Installation Instructions

1. Download "Rock Classics.zip" anywhere on your Computer

2. Unzip "Rock Classics.zip" which will produce a folder called;

"Rock Classics" this folder contains the three following folders;

"Instruments"
    "Multis"
    "Samples"

4. Look in the "Instruments" folder

take the "(Rock Classics)" folder and drag and drop it into the "Instruments" folder found in your, "Steven Slate Drums EX Library" which has already been Installed on your hard drive.

5. Look in the "Multis" folder

take the "(Rock Classics)" folder and drag and drop it into the "Multis" folder found in your, "Steven Slate Drums EX Library" which has already been Installed on your hard drive.

6. Look in the "Samples" folder

take the two files found there and drag and drop them into the "Samples" folder found in your "Steven Slate Drums EX Library" which has already been Installed on your hard drive.
    post edited by strikinglyhandsome1 - 2010/07/16 14:45:37
    yorolpal
    Re:StevenSlate Drums install...what am I missing? 2010/07/16 21:45:52 (permalink)
    Thanks a million Strike, ol pal.  That did the trick...plus overcoming one other boneheaded thing I'd done.  I'm hot straight and normal now!! 

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1