Still having trouble with Z3ta

Author
Chris in Indy
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 484
2006/03/03 19:58:05 (permalink)

Still having trouble with Z3ta

I thought I had this problem fixed, but can somebody try this and tell me if it is just me.

Open Z3ta (standalone), then open "F" in the instruments selections and then select "Classic Pad 2". Click on the ribbon (with the mouse pointer) about half way, and hold the note. You should be able to continue the note as long as you hold the mouse button, as I can.

Now open Sonar, or Project5 and insert Z3ta as a synth. Repeat the process above, but using Sonar or Project5 as the host.

How long can you hold the note? When I do this the volume fluctuates on and off, for as long as I hold the note.

Any suggestions?

post edited by Chris in Indy - 2006/03/03 20:03:31

Chris in Indy ............... 
Tascam US 2000, Behringer Power Pro 8, Akai MPD 18, Yamaha MG 82cx, Mackie MCU Pro, Mackie MR 8's, M Audio BX-5's, M Audio 61 es, Yamaha MM6, Roland SH-201, KRK-KMS 8400's, Shure SRH 1840's, Audio Technica AT 2020's, Windows 8.1 64 bit, Sonar Platinum, SoundForge 10, East/West Libraries, GPO, Real Guitar, Project 5v2, FM-7, 

4 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Still having trouble with Z3ta 2006/03/03 20:45:56 (permalink)
    How long can you hold the note?
    My finger got tired, Chris. I'm just not getting the volume fluctuations. I have the standalone here somewhere, but I never use it. But I couldn't reproduce your problem in the VSTi or the DXi version, with Project5 v2 as host. I can try it in Sonar if you like.

Now you've got me wondering about all sorts of things, like an unstable mouse driver. I suppose that you've also used a controller note-on, though. But this direction is better: go to the Options button, and click on Show MIDI Config file. See if there's anything listed there. This is where all the MIDI Learn stuff gets stored. You can find out what's there, and navigate to that listed control. Right-click, and "MIDI Forget" it.

IIRC, you can safely delete the file and it'll be regenerated clean. Editing a line doesn't work (in an active situation). The reason that I mention all this: I had a volume envelope dropoff that was driving me crazy. Rene pointed me in the config file direction. It turns out that I was fooling around with MIDI Learn when I first got z3ta+. An old ailing Oxygen8 was spewing intermittent controller messages that I was unaware of. P5 has that default MIDI Override track switch. Need I go on?

And Rene bailed me out. Way before the Cakewalk thing. It's the first thing that I thought of when you reported the original volume problem. I may be way off base, but it's worth a quick look. I'm hoping that it's this easy.
    Chris in Indy
    RE: Still having trouble with Z3ta 2006/03/03 20:59:23 (permalink)
    What I don't understand is that in the standalone mode it works fine. If I load Z3ta into Sonar or Project5 i get the volume fluctuation. It doesn't matter if I use the ribbon or any one of my midi controllers.

I checked in my Plug-in Manager, and Z3ta is configured as a VST and DXi so I don't think that is the problem.

How do I know which version Sonar or P5 is loading? (VST, DXi)

I thougt it might be a buffer setting, and I messed around with that to no avail. Then I changed the sample rate, and latency, but that didn't help either.

See if Rapture had showed up today, like I was told it would have, this wouldn't even matter to me.

Tascam US 2000, Behringer Power Pro 8, Akai MPD 18, Yamaha MG 82cx, Mackie MCU Pro, Mackie MR 8's, M Audio BX-5's, M Audio 61 es, Yamaha MM6, Roland SH-201, KRK-KMS 8400's, Shure SRH 1840's, Audio Technica AT 2020's, Windows 8.1 64 bit, Sonar Platinum, SoundForge 10, East/West Libraries, GPO, Real Guitar, Project 5v2, FM-7, 
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Still having trouble with Z3ta 2006/03/03 21:16:18 (permalink)
    How do I know which version Sonar or P5 is loading? (VST, DXi)
    In P5, the DXi version is "above the line", with the rest of the DXi synths. The VSTi version is under "VST", and wouldn't show up there if the .dll isn't in your VST folder, and it wasn't scanned in by the VST adapter. In my version (I bought it from RGC), the DXI shows up as "rgc:audio z3ta+", and the VSTi reads "z3ta+". In both the Track Pane, and the open GUI header.

Sonar: I'll have to refresh on that; I don't have that memorized. Hmm ... there's another difference. I *think* that the VSTi doesn't have an Enabled automation parameter. Or something similar. Anyway, I'd like to help, but nothing else is coming to me at the moment. If it does, I'll drop it here.
    Chris in Indy
    RE: Still having trouble with Z3ta 2006/03/03 21:46:59 (permalink)
    Thanks b rock, that did it. I was inadvertantly loading the VST instead of the DXi. I must have just overlooked the DXi, because of it starting with rcg.

The list of DXi's is so long I have to scroll it.

Thanks again.

By the way. I got a e-mail from Cakewalk, that told me that there was some kind of delay with the Rapture shipment. Something about it being "out of stock" ......................... c'mon, give me a break. I'm supposed to get a call or an e-mail from them soon. I'll bet I don't get it until Monday.

I really love Cakewalk, but sometimes ........................ (fingers tapping desk)

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1