Strange automation behavior

Author
Hansenhaus
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1866
2005/12/14 00:04:08 (permalink)

Strange automation behavior

I noticed something strange with the envelopes and Sonar 5.01

Often after making some changes to nodes on an envelope the automation stops working properly. I was working last night and during playback to could hear the automation of my pan envelopes not kicking in. As I went to the track and expanded the view of it, the panning suddenly responded to the envelope setting. It's kind of hard to describe but this happened with every one of the track that had envelopes on them. Once I expanded the view of the track the automation seemed to be working properly again. This was the first time I noticed this. In the past I had to save the project, close it and reopen it to get the automation to start working again.

Anyone else having this or a similar problem?

Eric

Eric Hansen
My Website 
Live Videos
Acoustic Guitar Pickups
 ---------------
Core i7 2600K
Intel DP67BG 
16GB RAM
RME HDSP9652 (ASIO)
Windows 10 x64
Sonar Platinum x64 (English)

3 Replies Related Threads

Susan G
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12016
    RE: Strange automation behavior 2005/12/14 00:06:48 (permalink)
    Hi Eric-
    I noticed something strange with the envelopes and Sonar 5.01

Often after making some changes to nodes on an envelope the automation stops working properly. I was working last night and during playback to could hear the automation of my pan envelopes not kicking in. As I went to the track and expanded the view of it, the panning suddenly responded to the envelope setting. It's kind of hard to describe but this happened with every one of the track that had envelopes on them. Once I expanded the view of the track the automation seemed to be working properly again. This was the first time I noticed this. In the past I had to save the project, close it and reopen it to get the automation to start working again.

There's a button to toggle automation on/off. Maybe you clicked that inadvertently? Just a thought...

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
    Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
    SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
    Hansenhaus
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1866
    RE: Strange automation behavior 2005/12/14 01:42:02 (permalink)
    No not at all. The problem is exactly as described. The automation sometimes does not respond after changes are made to envelopes. However, this was the first time I notice it waking up after I expanded a track view. I haven't been able to reporoduce it on my own.

Thanks,

Eric
    glazfolk
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5253
    RE: Strange automation behavior 2005/12/14 03:47:32 (permalink)
    Eric ...

Here's a bit of a long shot. Theer are some plug-ins that can stuff up automation, even on other tracks than nthat containing the rogue plug-in. From memory, I think Antares Tube is one of them (Direct X version).

Are you using any plug-ins? Have you tried disabling them and see if that helps?

Best,
    Geoff

Geoff Francis - Huon Delta Studios

AMD Opteron 246 2GHZ twin CPU
    Tyan S2875 AVRF Dual M'board
    2 Gig RAM, Three Monitors w NVIDIA GeForce FX5700
    Alesis iO26, 2 NTFS Seagate HD
    DigitalDesign Speakers
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1