Strange things happening with my vs 700 still

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Norrie
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1665
2010/09/06 13:09:56 (permalink)

Strange things happening with my vs 700 still

I thought it was easyer to make a video because I find it hard to explain my self in posts on here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS7cZK5Ep-g

I hope some one can help please

Thanks

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
Pro Tools 11
Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
Adam A77x
i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz

31 Replies Related Threads

Norrie
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/06 19:03:14 (permalink)
    I hope some one can come up with some help soon as I have no ideas ;(

Ive contacted support aswell and hope to hear from them tomorow

Its 12 at night here now so will be back to trying to fix it and figure out all the problems tomorow

I am very very new to this all. I had bought a lot of pro tools stuff a while ago but decided sonar was better for me and I am  soooooooo glad I made the change I just hope this can be fixed as I had nothing but problems with protools and I hope this isnt going to be like that ;(

I am going to be honest here with everyone

I dont have the first clue where to start and Its very dis heartening as all I want to do is enjoy makeing music and learning how to record at home not spending days trying to fix things

Hope to hear from some one soon

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Jeff Evans
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5139
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/06 19:58:41 (permalink)
    Hi Norrie I used to be a V Studio owner so I will try to help. I saw your video and it was good to see you so to speak. Have you tried stopping first between switching views and see if it does it then. The console seems to be working very normally apart from this bug.

What other devices have you got connected to any USB ports? Have you updated the V Studio drivers to 1.1.1 etc. Are your dip switches set correctly on the V 700C.

Getting the midi message during bootup might have something to do with your midi device being disconnected. Have you done firmware update relating to Fantom. Check keyboard shortcuts for any conflicts.

Have a think about these things and I will try to rack my brain for some more ideas. There are plenty of V Studio owners here so I am sure they will chime in soon. I never experienced that problem and I was switching views often.
    post edited by Jeff Evans - 2010/09/06 20:01:49

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Norrie
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/06 22:07:34 (permalink)
    Hi Jeff I will check the driver first thing in the morning as its 2 am here haha

Only usbs that were in were the one for the vs 700 a mouse and two midis for my keybpards that I wasnt useing oh and one midi for my td20 but t wasnt turned on. Just my usual set up that I wasnt haveing problems with so I dont know why i am now ;(

How do I check the dip switches ? what should they be set to ? I am very new to all this so I am sorry for comeing across like an idiot.

I havent done the firmware update but....

As I was saying the desk worked fine for weeks after it arived not one problem at all and I loved it  then one day started doing that strange problem then started doing the same with minimizing plugins etc very strange.

I really would need some one to talk me through all of the things to try as I am so new to this and its all a bit over whelming for me

I am sorry Jeff I am struggleing with a lot of the tectical stuff and configurations because I have only been learning a couple of months now and untill then had never done any recording with out an engineer there let alone with sonar It was always with protools I watched them use.

I do prefer sonar though ;)

Thank you so much for your reply and I cant thank you enough for any help or advice you give 

I also sent the video to tec suport to see what they say and I shall let you know as soon as they get back to me

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Norrie
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/07 21:15:37 (permalink)
    I checked all the drivers again and did a reinstall of everything again and still the same problem

Uk tec suport got back to me today and said that they are haveing to send the info / video on to the american tec support

I will let you know how I get on as I still dont even know how to fix the errors that are comeing up as sonar loads ;(

Let alone the crazzy bug that no one even seems to have had aprt from me I think thats just my luck though lol

It still stops some times when I close or minimise the likes of the vintige compressors or cakewalk plugins or line 6 pod farm or even superior drummer etc. Its all got me so confused but I know some one will help me

Thanks again Jeff your a good man!

Norrie
    post edited by Norrie - 2010/09/07 21:22:53

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Crg
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/08 07:15:34 (permalink)
    Here's something you might want to investigate. The order in which you turn things on can cause driver problems in windows 7. Have you noticed that inputs/ouputs are changed when open Sonar with Midi-USB devices turned off or after turning on certain devices first?
    Try this for a start up sequence.
    Turn on the V700R
    Turn on the V700C
    Boot the DAW. Once the desktop is open, turn on all of your Midi devices.
    Open Sonar, take a look at all of your inputs/outputs in options/audio and check the controllers/surfaces window and make sure you have the VS700-Console in the first line of in/out midi ports. <---VERY IMPORTANT
    Following this turn on order allows Windows to recognize the V700R and V700C to be established as your default soundcard-interface and Midi controller. You should also go into the Windows sound mixer and make sure all the V700R inputs and outputs are listed and make one of them the default device in all categorys.
    You should also turn on all your USB midi devices everytime you start the DAW and Sonar because leaving them off can cause windows and Sonar to look for another driver and therefore inputs and outputs.
    List what you have checked in options-audio also because having several of the other drivers checked that you don't use or need can cause your kind of problems. Let's start there.

Craig DuBuc
    Norrie
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/08 11:59:40 (permalink)
    Hey craig

Ok so I managed to fix all the load up errors so only the strange one I was haveing left to fix now lol

Ive just tryed everything you have said and still no luck. Thanks though its nice there is people like you around to help noobs like me :D

Tec support have said its a drop out this is what they said to do

try increasing his audio latency settings to see if it helps performance. This can be done by going to Options | Audio and clicking on the [ASIO Panel] button. From there, try increasing the Buffer Size/latency settings to a higher value and see if this audio stopping behavior can be reproduced.

Ive tryed it all the way up to 9 and all the way to 1 on each of them its still the exact same problem

So I am still in the same position ;(

Its all a bit over whelming as I dont know much about this stuff atthe best of times and am still learning the basics so its confusing last thing I want is for something else to go wrong

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    garrigus
    • Total Posts : 8599
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/08 13:36:51 (permalink)
    Hi Norrie,

I'm not sure why SONAR is stopping like that, however, you might be able to stop it from rewinding to the beginning by going into Options > Global > General and then removing the checkmark next to the option called On Stop, Rewind To Now Marker. Give that a try...

Scott

--
    Scott R. Garrigus - Author of the Cakewalk Sonar and Sony Sound Forge Power book series. Get Sonar 8 Power - Today! Go to: http://www.garrigus.com/  - http://www.musictechshop.com/ - http://www.cooltechshop.com/

Publisher of DigiFreq - free music technology newsletter. Win a free SoundTech Vocal Trainer Package, go to: http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/

Publisher of NewTechReview - free consumer technology newsletter. Win a free i2i Stream Wireless Music Pack, go to: http://www.newtechreview.com/newtechreview/

Seth Perlstein [Cakewalk]
    • Total Posts : 2084
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/08 15:25:01 (permalink)
    Norrie,

This may sound crazy but try removing the control surface for the VS-700 in SONAR and re-create it. Also, only check the MIDI I/O you are actually using. Check the I/O for Console and that is it unless you are using the FantomVS or MIDI I/O. Keep the other MIDI I/O unchecked.

Seth
    Norrie
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/08 16:12:17 (permalink)
    Seth Perlstein [Cakewalk
    ]

Norrie,

This may sound crazy but try removing the control surface for the VS-700 in SONAR and re-create it. Also, only check the MIDI I/O you are actually using. Check the I/O for Console and that is it unless you are using the FantomVS or MIDI I/O. Keep the other MIDI I/O unchecked.

Seth

Hi seth I have already tryed all that and still no luck Its also doing it when I minimize plugins as well or close them.

Scot

Thanks for replying. Yeah I think that would work but I feel my self Ive spent a lot of money on the set up I have just to brush it under the carpet as such it owuld do as a work around for the momment but still need to get to the bottom of it I hope tec support can help soon as no one sems to know how to fix it ;(

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 1067
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/08 16:33:27 (permalink)
    Hey Everyone,

I will post my reply to Norrie so that if any of you ever run into any of these issues you can see the solutions.
    --- Plug-ins Scanning on Startup ---

For starters, I would suggest that he disable VST scan on start up so that SONAR will launch faster. To do so, go to Options | Global and on the VST Plug-ins Tab remove the check mark next to "Scan for VST Plug-ins on Startup". This will not only allow SONAR to launch must faster, but it will bypass any plug-in error messages that can simply be ignored. (Nevertheless, resolutions to these error messages are below.)

--- "Fantom VS - MIDI devices aren't set up correctly. Make sure the settings in Set Up MIDI Devices dialog box are correct" ---

This error message could be a result of needing to assign the MIDI ports in the Fantom VS Editor. This can be done by going Insert | Soft Synths and inserting the Fantom VS Editor. In the Fantom VS Editor, click Setup | Setup MIDI Devices and make sure the Input and Output MIDI ports are both assigned to "FANTOM VS (VS-700)".

If this does not resolve the issue, and the user is running Windows 7 x64, then they may need to install the Fantom VS x64 hotfix. See the following link for information: http://www.cakewalk.com/support/kb/reader.aspx?ID=20090212

Additionally, he is receiving this error message twice when scanning for VST plug-ins because he might have chosen to install a second Fantom VS Editor in the SONAR installer. This is an option for customers who own two VS-700Rs and wish to use two instances of the Fantom VS. To resolve this issue, go to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\Fantom VS and make sure that there is only one Fantom VS.dll file in the folder. If there is an additional Fantom VS (2).dll file, then you can simply delete it.

--- "IDS_TITLE_WARN_MIDI_PORTS are not found in text resource file" ---

This error message occurs if you have installed the ARX Editor from the SONAR installation but do not have an ARX Expansion card physically installed into the VS-700. See the following link for more information: http://www.cakewalk.com/support/kb/reader.aspx?ID=20090430

--- "ARX MIDI Port Error - Cannot open ARX MIDI ports. Please ensure ARX is connected and that the MIDI ports are not selected in the host ---

As above, this error message also occurs if you have installed the ARX Editor from the SONAR installation but do not have an ARX Expansion card physically installed into the VS-700. See the following link for more information: http://www.cakewalk.com/support/kb/reader.aspx?ID=20090430

--- "Unable to load ARX contents due to a version mismatch..." ---

Same as the two above. This error message occurs if you have installed the ARX Editor from the SONAR installation but do not have an ARX Expansion card physically installed into the VS-700. See the following link for more information: http://www.cakewalk.com/support/kb/reader.aspx?ID=20090430

--- Playback stopping when toggling between Track and Console view ---

I actually believe I spoke with Norrie over the phone regarding this issue previously. Ultimately, his audio engine is dropping out (despite the fact that it does not say DROPOUT at the bottom of SONAR's screen). This happens when he has the VS-700 Control Surface Plug-in present in Options | Controllers/Surfaces but he can actually recreate this behavior by using his computer keyboard.

Ultimately, I have been advised to suggest to Norrie that he try increasing his audio latency settings to see if it helps performance. This can be done by going to Options | Audio and clicking on the [ASIO Panel] button. From there, try increasing the Buffer Size/latency settings to a higher value and see if this audio stopping behavior can be reproduced.

@ Norrie, I'm not sure if the folks at Roland forwarded you my contact info as I suggested, but your best bet to getting to the bottom of these issues is to contact me/us directly. Even if I do not personally have an immediate answer or resolution I can always look into further details and, if necessary, go to those with larger heads and bigger brains than my own.

It's difficult to gauge if we're helping customers when don't get replies and feedback regarding what worked and what didn't. Try not to forget that most of us support reps are answering calls and emails consistently all day. The occasion that we have time to pop in on the forums is few and far between.

In any case, I'm sorry to hear the latency settings had no effect. I'll send you a line so we can look into more specifics and hopefully have a resolution soon.

Ryan Munnis
    Cakewalk
    Norrie
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/08 16:39:05 (permalink)
    Hi Ryan!

Yes thy forwarded it on to me i did it all I got the errors to go away so thanks so much for that but as for the other problem its till the same

I changed the settings up and also down and still no luck ;(

Thanks for all your help

I can forward you my emails with uk tec support so you know whats going on :)

Thanks

Norrie
    post edited by Norrie - 2010/09/08 19:19:48

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Crg
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/08 18:24:31 (permalink)
    So, Norrie, can you list what you have checked-enabled in options-audio and Midi devices?

Craig DuBuc
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/08 18:26:56 (permalink)
    Hey Norrie,

Probably not the best idea to post your real email address here (spammers, etc.).

Also, what kind of video card are you using, and have you updated its drivers?
    Norrie
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/08 19:13:36 (permalink)
    Crg I will just get a screen print right now for you

Seth Its an Nvidia Geforce 220 I have not checked for any updated drivers as Things were working fine I didnt want to through something else in to the exuasion just incasethat caused yet another problem if you know what I meen ?

Thing is it was all working fine for weeks infact probably well over a month and i was so happy with it with no problems then the next day just started doing that :S

You will will see the screen print here   http://www.flickr.com/pho...2/4972555768/lightbox/

On the imput the arx is not ticked but you cant see it on the screen print hope thats ok It was quicker than me typeing it out.

Ryan Munnis is being very helpfull and I hope he comes out with something as ive just sent him a System info report to see if theres any red flags

The thing that is most anoying is the fact it was working for weeks with no problems at all Now this has happend and I havent changed anything I am really gutted by it all now ;(

Thanks again guys you are all being a great help and I will try anything any one says although nothing has worked so far.

I know it worked fine before so there must be a fix but they way I am feeling right now I feel like just takeiong every last thing off the computer reinstalling windows then everything and starting again ...... I dont even know if that would work though since un instaling and then re installing sonar 3 times and then ininstalling the drivers 4 times now and reinstaling them has made no diference

I really am lost and in way above my head this was all a big learning curve for me just learning to record let alone all this going on ;(

I went and  bought a nice new tc helicon voice works at the weekend there and havent even tryed it yet becasue I dont want to add anything else incase I cause more problems I would rather get this fixed then put in my new gear it just has me very woryed now I guess since no one has a answer as to whats causeing it ;(

I hope Ryan can get to the bottom of it as hes had a lot of good ideas but unlucky for me none have worked so far but I have faith that he will get it fixed for me :D

Norrie
    post edited by Norrie - 2010/09/08 19:24:28

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Norrie
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/08 19:18:36 (permalink)
    Just to let every one know though!
    All the errors about midi and the fantom etc I had on the start up are all fixed now thanks to Ryan and I have no problems with them now. Cant thank him enough.

The only problem I need to deal with is this drop out thats happening when I close plugins or go from track view to console view.

As garagus said I could always stop it from rewinding to the beginning by going into Options > Global > General and then removing the checkmark next to the option called On Stop, Rewind To Now Marker

But that would just be sweeping the problem under the rug and I would still be haveing drop outs but just not going back to the begining of the tracks....

I cant stop thinking about it all but I am all out of ideas

Sorry guys I really cant thank you all enough for your imput and help though.

I am off to rack my brains for more ideas lol I think ive for goten what sleep is and I will maybe get some when this is fixed hahahaha

Cheers Norrie
    post edited by Norrie - 2010/09/08 19:26:58

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/08 21:01:07 (permalink)
    did yo uever install the nVidia driver, or just using the default Windows driver? the fact that the dropouts are happening when you open, close, minimize, or switch windows suggests to me its something graphics related.
    Norrie
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/08 21:08:49 (permalink)
    Thats a very good point it could be that!

I dont remember if they were ever put on as I had a company put all my parts together for me from a list I made.

Would it be worth me installing them and useing the nVidea drivers if I am not already ?

Would that make a difference as it was working for over a month before with no problems but just started doing it at random

Could that still be the case ?

I am willing to try anything!

I am just so new to this type of thing and get very woryed incase I mess something else up If you know what I meen ?

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Crg
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/09 06:32:27 (permalink)
    You will will see the screen print here http://www.flickr.com/pho...2/4972555768/lightbox/

Uncheck DV-7 and V-link in both categories. Then reboot the DAW.

Craig DuBuc
    Norrie
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/09 09:58:03 (permalink)
    Hey Craig I did that but again no change its stil doing it....

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Norrie
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/09 10:21:07 (permalink)
    Driver update didnt do anything

Ryan just sugested changeing the cards pci slot I am going to do that now and report back

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Norrie
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/09 10:58:29 (permalink)
    Changed the card to a different pci slot and its stil the same

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Norrie
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/09 14:05:10 (permalink)
    Also now trted just useing one monitor with one disconected so windows only recognises one monitor

Still the same ;(

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Norrie
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/09 20:41:42 (permalink)
    So anyone who has been following this thread will know the problems I have been haveing and you have all been awesome

Ryan from tec support in america I can thank enough for all his help to try and get things back to normal

So anyway with that said He sent me a email today with 6 more tests to try

I thought it would be hard to explain in writing again so I did a video showing what was done t any one who is followinghis and might want to see whats been tryed should check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIKc7VW4nCA

Unlucky for me nothing has worked so far.

I hope for a fix soon :)

But its ok I still have some hair left to pull out :P haha

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Crg
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/10 07:29:16 (permalink)
    Hmm..., strange indeed. You have the VS100 software installed also? I noticed you changed your controller to it during a test. Do you have a VS100 hooked up?

Craig DuBuc
    Norrie
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/10 09:09:04 (permalink)
    Hey craig!

No I dont have a vs 100 but for some reason tec support knew that the plugin option would be on my computer and told me to do it.

Below Is the tests they asked me to do

I did test 6 first though but here is the list

Test 1 - See if you can cause issue without using the surface

Instead of hitting the Track and Console button on the VS-700C, try using the ALT + 0 and ALT + 3 key commands on your computer keyboard to switch between track and console view. See if this pausing still happens.

Test 2 - Try replacing the VS-700 Control Surface Plug-in with something else

If you can reproduce this issue with key commands on your computer keyboard, then do the following:

In Options | Controllers/Surfaces, I'd like you to try deleting the "VS-700" Control Surface Plug-in and adding something else in its place. Try adding the "VS-100" control surface plug-in. Try testing with the MIDI ports assigned to "None". Try the test again with the MIDI ports assigned to "CONSOLE (VS-700)". Afterwards, try deleting the VS-100 Control Surface Plug-in and then adding the "ACT MIDI Controller" plug-in. Run the same test again.

Test 3 - Refresh Rate

In SONAR, go to Options | Audio Meter Settings. Increase the "Refresh Rate" to 250 (which is the maximum value) and then click [OK]. This essentially changes how often (in milliseconds) the SONAR GUI is redrawn to display status changes (such as with the audio meters). Let's try setting this to 250 msecs to see if it is still happening. If it is still happening, you can reset this value back to its default setting of 40 msec.

Test 4 - Delete configuration files in cause of file corruption

1) Open the Run Command by holding down the Windows key on your keyboard and pressing "r".
    2) At the run prompt type the following: %appdata%\Cakewalk
    3) Navigate to your SONAR folder
    4) Locate and delete the following files: ctrlsurface.dat, TTSSEQ.ini and AUD.ini
    5) Close the folder and re-launch SONAR
    6) Go to Options | MIDI Devices and enable "CONSOLE (VS-700)", "FANTOM VS (VS-700)", AND "IO MIDI (VS-700)" under both inputs and outputs.
    7) Go to Options | Controllers/Surfaces and add the VS-700 Control Surface again. Set its input and output port to "CONSOLE (VS-700)"

Test 5 - increase dropoutmsec variable

1) In SONAR, go to Options | Audio | Advanced
    2) Click [Edit Config File]
    3) Click on Edit | Find
    4) Type in "dropoutmsec" and click [Find Next]
    5) Change the value next to DropoutMsec from 250 to 1000
    6) Click File | Save and then close the AUD file
    7) Re-launch SONAR and test again

Test 6 - Project Test

Also, out of curiosity, have you noticed this issue happening only in specific projects? The "Catch Me if You Can" demo project can even at times be a bit demanding when switching the console view on my computer as well. I'm wondering if this is easy to create with a more basic project without as many plug-ins?

My answers are here in this video for anyone who didnt catch it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIKc7VW4nCA

Norrie

post edited by Norrie - 2010/09/10 09:54:17

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Jeff Evans
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5139
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/10 17:06:31 (permalink)
    Hi Norrie I have been watching your situation. I also checked out the results of the tests. This is a Sonar situation and is not related to the V700 in my opinion.  The fact you can disconnect the console and replicate the same fault in Sonar (using the QWERTY keyboard) I think shows that.

It does not happen with me but I am running the 32 bit version of Sonar on Windows XP 32 bit as well. But interestingly when I use Alt + 3 to get the console view, it comes up if I am in track view and it does not stop either but the only way I can back to track view is to first press Alt + F4 in order to close the window. Pressing Alt + 0 seems to do something to the window behind (track) but the console view stays in my case. I can easily close it by doing Alt + F4 and then I am looking at track view again.

This only happens with console view switching to track view for me. When I am track view and press Alt + 5 say, that window opens and when I press Alt + 0 track view comes back but other window stays open behind. Music plays all the way through this. So I have some different window opening and closing behaviour compared to you.

Isn't there a button on the V 700C that switches windows and/or can close the current window. Try getting from console to track view that way instead. Maybe it will do it without stopping. Also check your key bindings to ensure that those keys are assigned to only one command at a time.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Crg
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/10 19:19:56 (permalink)
    No I dont have a vs 100 but for some reason tec support knew that the plugin option would be on my computer and told me to do it.

But did you install the software for the VS 100? From the 8.5 disc. There's clearly some corruption in your Midi control messages and your keyboard seems to be involved, which means there are errant messages involved in key bindings for functions. Can you change veiws with the console buttons without a glitch before you use the keyboard?
    What other Midi software do you have installed on your DAW? If you have other Midi control software installed it may be altering the messages if it is enabled. You'd be suprised at how much Midi language is built into computer software. At this point I would look for third party software that is installed that is Midi command capable. Have you looked at the key bindings window to see if there is a setup running which would alter commands? Does your graphics card have a list of key commands?

Craig DuBuc
    Norrie
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/10 19:35:52 (permalink)
    hey craig

When I got the 8.5 disk I just fired it in and installed so maybe it put the vs 100 drivers in there aswell ? for what ever reason tec support knew the option would be there for them to ask me to try that.

Everything was working fine when I got it all My midi keyboards pluged in aswell My td 20 everthing was working like a dream so I finished a session one day then shut down as normal went to bed

Woke up went to start a new session and then when I went to change track view on the Vs 700 console it started doing the stops and also when I close plugins so nothing new was changed nothign taken out nothing added in everything was great but it just started doing it after about one month of working like a dream

I am not sure about the graphics card comands and the key binding.

I spoke to tec support and Ive said to them that I shall be resting my brain from it all over the weekend and they will get back to me on monday morning hopefull with a fix or some more tests so untill then I shall be haveing a rest away from it and with there advice make no more changes because they know how everything sits at the momment with out havieng to give them any updates etc.

I can live with it the way it is its just rather anoying thats all lol

So I plan to sit back this weekend not wory and just write some songs maybe treat my self to a new rack bit of guitar efx ive actualy been after ;) A bheringer v amp pro cheep but will aparently get the job done well for the price and since I bought my vs 700 and td20 I havent got a big bank ballance. lol :P

I think a bit of relaxing is in order then start fresh on monday :D

Norrie
    post edited by Norrie - 2010/09/10 19:41:38

SONAR X3c Producer
    Pro Tools 11
    Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
    Adam A77x
    i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
    Crg
    Re:Strange things happening with my vs 700 still 2010/09/10 19:50:15 (permalink)
    Norrie

hey craig

When I got the 8.5 dick I just fired it in and installed so maybe it put the vs 100 drivers in there aswell ? for what ever reason tec support knew the option would be there for them to ask me to try that.

Everything was working fine when I got it all My midi keyboards pluged in aswell My td 20 everthing was working like a dream so I finished a session one day then shut down as normal went to bed

Woke up went to start a new session and then when I went to change track view on the Vs 700 console it started doing the stops and also when I close plugins so nothing new was changed nothign taken out nothing added in everything was great but it just started doing it after about one month of working like a dream

I am not sure about the graphics card comands and the key binding.

I spoke to tec support and Ive said to them that I shall be resting my brain from it all over the weekend and they will get back to me on monday morning hopefull with a fix or some more tests so untill then I shall be haveing a rest away and just enjoy the recording side of things again.

I can live with it the way it is its just rather anoying thats all lol

Norrie
    Having errant drivers-software "take over" or interfere when you next boot up is not unusual. That's usually when it happens.
    Scenario: you enter a lot of information into a project with third party midi controllers with their own software installed on the DAW. Due to the common language of Midi that has been tailored to a specific brand of device, activating a midi command with two different "interpretations" installed on your DAW, different commands are initiated by both software entities resulting in an incomplete function in one or the other midi devices. Pain in the A** I know.
    So, what other Midi software do you have installed on your DAW?

Craig DuBuc
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1