Strange white line in clip after using AudioSnap

Author
ChapelHeel66
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2018/01/30 15:52:59 (permalink)

Strange white line in clip after using AudioSnap

See attached screenshot to make this easier, as it is a visual question.

A white line appeared in a clip while I had the clip selected and the Audiosnap palette open.  I hit 3 on my numeric keypad (thinking I could nudge the clip right).  It did not nudge, but instead inserted a white line...like a divider or something.  I tried to undo it immediately, but it did not show up in the undo menu.

It is not a transient marker, because when I turn on Edit Clip Map in Audiosnap, it shows a transient at a different spot.  The line is not selectable, either with Audiosnap open (off or on), or Audiosnap palette closed (off or on).  It also is not a regular marker.

When I right click on it, I get the generic Audiosnap options (because it isn't really registering as anything, so it treats it as if I'm selecting the whole clip), but there's nothing that can delete the line.  It also seems to prevent me from selecting any portion of the clip.

The biggest problem is that if I try to paste anything, in ANY track, it gets pasted at the white line on this track.  So, for instance, I copied a drum clip from another spot in the project and tried to paste it at 37:01:00 on the drum midi track (with the drum track selected). It pasted it at the white line on track 4.  

Any ideas how to get rid of this thing?  I'd love to post a screenshot to make this a lot easier, but as far as I can tell, the forum only allows me to post something that is hosted on the web (not from my hard drive).

Many thanks in advance.

Jeff

3 Replies Related Threads

ChapelHeel66
    Re: Strange white line in clip after using AudioSnap 2018/01/30 15:53:26 (permalink)

ChapelHeel66
    Re: Strange white line in clip after using AudioSnap 2018/01/30 15:54:23 (permalink)
    Sorry, apparently the forum won't let me link to the screenshot from dropbox.  Any ideas how to attach the picture? There was no option to select from my hard drive.

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Strange white line in clip after using AudioSnap 2018/01/30 16:19:37 (permalink)
    Never tried embedding images using dropbox. I use imgur.com and copy the bbcode for the image into my posts.
    I believe what the image shows is the enhanced edit mode cursor. Numpad 0 toggles the mode.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1