Stupid question - glue clips together?

Author
frank@stratworth.com
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 62
2009/03/17 10:36:40 (permalink)

Stupid question - glue clips together?

Ok, been using Sonar for a gizzilion years and never figured out this simple thing... hope somebody knows....

If I record clip 1 (at measure 1).... then record clip 2 (at measure 2 let's say)..... how do I turn that into "ONE" clip as if they had been recorded back to back without stopping the transport (instead of having to deal with them with two separate clips forever?

Very appreciative for the tip if you know how!

Frank Bellucci.

8 Replies Related Threads

ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: Stupid question - glue clips together? 2009/03/17 10:44:13 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: frank@stratworth.com

Ok, been using Sonar for a gizzilion years and never figured out this simple thing... hope somebody knows....

If I record clip 1 (at measure 1).... then record clip 2 (at measure 2 let's say)..... how do I turn that into "ONE" clip as if they had been recorded back to back without stopping the transport (instead of having to deal with them with two separate clips forever?

Very appreciative for the tip if you know how!

Frank Bellucci.

Bounce to clips.
    frank@stratworth.com
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 62
    RE: Stupid question - glue clips together? 2009/03/17 10:54:33 (permalink)
    Ok, dah... that was really simple.... (thought that meant something completely different).. owe you a beer
    Slugbaby
    Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4172
    RE: Stupid question - glue clips together? 2009/03/17 10:58:24 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: frank@stratworth.com

Ok, dah... that was really simple.... (thought that meant something completely different)..

Me too. I saw the "bounce to clip" feature and started dancing every time the track redlined...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
    bknigd
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 21
    Re: RE: Stupid question - glue clips together? 2011/01/14 18:32:47 (permalink)
    I am having the same problem. I want my two clips to glue together as one. I used bounce to clips, but all that did was put the two together, not acctually glue them so I can move just one clip around. Like there is still a defining line between the two, and act as 2 different clips still..... know what I mean?

Processor: AMD Phenom  Dual Core 3.92GHz
    Memorey:  4 GB
    System Type: 64 bit
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    M Audio Fast Track Pro
    M Audio Axiom 25 Midi Controller
    Sonar Home Studio 7 Software

Thank you to My Wife for putting up with my Hobby.
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: RE: Stupid question - glue clips together? 2011/01/14 19:09:36 (permalink)
    once you bounce them they become one clip. You can always split them again.... or don't delete the first two in the other track.

My question is why would you need them "glued" together in the first place?  Aside from looks... there is no difference in how they sound. I use fractured tracks all the time.... copied and pasted, clips dragged around into their final positions...I click SAVE,  and let it roll.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    bknigd
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 21
    Re: RE: Stupid question - glue clips together? 2011/01/14 19:25:54 (permalink)
    Thanks GuitarHacker!, Im an idiot, I never thought to highlight the two tracks together hahahahahah!!!!
    Ya I need to attach them cause I needed to move the whole works as one a few seconds back...

Processor: AMD Phenom  Dual Core 3.92GHz
    Memorey:  4 GB
    System Type: 64 bit
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    M Audio Fast Track Pro
    M Audio Axiom 25 Midi Controller
    Sonar Home Studio 7 Software

Thank you to My Wife for putting up with my Hobby.
    Rothchild
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1479
    Re: RE: Stupid question - glue clips together? 2011/01/14 19:49:14 (permalink)
    I needed to move the whole works as one a few seconds back...

Glad you got it working, just so you know, you could also have just selected the whole track and moved it back (without having to join all the individual clips).

You can move them by either grabbing one of them and moving them (normally the 'front' one so you can see where you're putting them down) or using the 'nudge' feature and typing in how much you want them to move by.

Child
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: RE: Stupid question - glue clips together? 2011/01/15 09:58:03 (permalink)
    Yeah... if you need to move the whole track to a different one OR copy it out fro some reason.....

Double clicking the track will highlight ALL the clips... then just do what you need. It ALL goes at the same time. Just be sure that you only highlight that one track.

Look at the time-line on the top... and you'll see that entire track is darker.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1