Suggestions for Concrete Actions.

Author
jackson white
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 283
2017/11/21 23:23:56 (permalink)

Suggestions for Concrete Actions.

Time is of the essence. IME on such matters, the only assumption you can make is there will be -ZERO- support from Gibson. Any goodwill will be greatly appreciated of course, but pro-active alternatives beyond their budget axe makes a lot more sense under the circumstances.

A number of good points have been made by the smarter people on this forum. Capturing specific actions in dedicated stickies might help salvage something of the investment made in SONAR. Each topic to be ruthlessly kept ON TOPIC with the sole purpose of finding real answers. Ranting, whining, gloating won't help. Some admin support would be awesome.

FIRST !

1. Designate a Go To Forum
  • A clear SINGLE point of FOCUS should be the first requirement for effective action.
  • For obvious reasons, somewhere other than Gibson/Cakewalk servers would make sense.
  • An existing forum might fit the bill (Isn't Harmony Central owned by Gibson...?)
  • There have been a couple of offers to host a forum. Let's keep it active until one is up and running.
  • Once a location is confirmed, make it a sticky on the existing SONAR forum and reinforce.
  • Recruit/assign admins (hopefully including some participation from Cakewalk) to keep things on point.

NEXT! Stickies for key issues to be addressed.

2. SONAR Installation and Authorization
  • FAQs for the continued use of existing purchases across hardware upgrades, etc.
3. Source Code disposition/support
  • The key to any future support given issues with OS upgrades, etc. This is mere speculation without a decision maker from Cakewalk/Gibson, but could be used to capture any status, suggestions for potential maintenance/development resources (i.e. crowdfunding) or open source initiatives.
4. Alternate DAWs
  • Inevitable, but recommendations from SONAR users would be the most helpful.
  • With migration pointers, notes on VSTs (such as TH3, AD, etc. )
5. Other SONAR support related topics
  • Typically user issues found on this forum
6. Other Cakewalk Products (i.e. Rapture, CA-2A, etc.)
  • as required

Keep it simple will go a long ways towards a real result. Any better suggestions are more than welcome.
post edited by jackson white - 2017/11/22 15:41:46

7 Replies Related Threads

KingsMix
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 498
    Re: SUGGESTIONS for CONCRETE ACTIONS. 2017/11/22 06:30:00 (permalink)
    Presonus Studio One 3 Producer
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 729
    Re: SUGGESTIONS for CONCRETE ACTIONS. 2017/11/22 06:38:06 (permalink)
    KingsMix

That would be 'Professional'

Intel i7 4790 @3.6Ghz - 32GB Ram - Windows 10 Pro 64bit - RME Fireface UFX+
    Studio One 4 Professional, REAPER, CbB-(Couldnb't be Bothered)
    More Plugs than Plumbers Warehouse.

Happy Studio One User Since August 2015

"It's the entertainment value, the comic relief . . . plus the Software and Deals Forum"

jackson white
    Re: Suggestions for Concrete Actions. 2017/11/22 15:44:42 (permalink)
    There are some awesome people on this forum.

"1. Designate a Go To Forum"

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Plan-B-Forum-for-the-Cakewalk-community-sonarmodscom-cakewalkcommunitycom-m3689301.aspx?tree=true

This sounds like a good choice for a couple of reasons. 

--------------------
    Some pieces of wood with wires and bits of metal stuck in them, silicon and plastic
    KingsMix
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 498
    Re: SUGGESTIONS for CONCRETE ACTIONS. 2017/11/22 15:48:41 (permalink)
    Matron Landslide
    KingsMix

That would be 'Professional'

Yes that is correct, guess that might be a little sonar early days left in the lingo.
    synkrotron
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5263
    Re: Suggestions for Concrete Actions. 2017/11/22 15:55:44 (permalink)
    Good points made above.

For me, personally, as I will more than likely drag it out to the bitter end, this is one of the most important points:-

jackson white

• FAQs for the continued use of existing purchases across hardware upgrades, etc.

cheers

andy

http://www.synkrotron.co.uk/
    Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum ∞ FFS| Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
    papacucku
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 135
    Re: SUGGESTIONS for CONCRETE ACTIONS. 2017/11/22 16:01:00 (permalink)

2. SONAR Installation and Authorization

SONAR needs to specifically address questions of how remaining updates can be obtained and if any bug fixes will be forthcoming and how users will obtain them. NOW!

3. Source Code disposition/support
    • The key to any future support given issues with OS upgrades, etc. This is mere speculation without a decision maker from Cakewalk/Gibson, but could be used to capture any status, suggestions for potential maintenance/development resources (i.e. crowdfunding) or open source initiatives.

Would be awesome, please consider selling it to software company.  Not sure why Gibson would kill this in the industry before attempting to let it go.  But whatevs. 

4. Alternate DAW

We could go where the bakers go. Reaper, Presonus? 
    HEY BAKERS go to our new forum and tell us what you recommend? Let us know where are you end up! where is Craig A voice in all this?

Rig1: Platinum. 1513 Intel Core i7 5930K (3.50GHz) 32GB DDR3 SSD, GTX 970 Windows  10 64. Focusrite Saffire 6i6. Presonus Monitors.

Rig 2:Platinum. Win 7,  Quad CPU 8 DDR3. SSD. RME multiface II, Oktopre MKII, StudioLive AI 16,  Presonus Sceptre Coaxial Monitors.  
    Drums:TAMA ImperialStar, Roland TD30
    Keys: Yamaha Mx-61, M-audio Keystation IRIG I/O Midi Controllers.
    Additional Plugs:Melodyne Editor, Izotope (all), Autotune, Trillian, East West(most),Addictive Drums2, Addictive Piano, AIR FX Collection.

jackson white
    Re: Suggestions for Concrete Actions. 2017/11/22 16:07:43 (permalink)

synkrotron
    For me, personally, as I will more than likely drag it out to the bitter end, this is one of the most important points:-

jackson white

With you on that one. I'd recommend signing up for the forum offered up by Panu, 

http://sonarmods.com./sonarmods/forum2017/

There's been a couple of posts regarding offline activation. Will try to make some time over the next few days to test and document a first pass at installing it on new hardware. 

--------------------
    Some pieces of wood with wires and bits of metal stuck in them, silicon and plastic
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1