Suggestions for new version of Sonar comming in 2016

Author
aleo
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2016/01/19 11:11:58 (permalink)
3 (2)

Suggestions for new version of Sonar comming in 2016

I would like to see more emphasis on stable operation, freedom from crashes, and core program functions, particularly MIDI and audio editing; less emphasis on new features unless they really improve work flow.  Drop plug-ins that have compatibility issues with either the new version of Sonar or Windows 10.

2 Replies Related Threads

charlyg
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 950
    Re: Suggestions for new version of Sonar comming in 2016 2016/01/19 12:00:02 (permalink)
    +4 (4)
    I would like to see people wait and see. We(users) don''t always have a better idea.

DAWs are like golf swings. Perfection is unobtainable.

Or stated another way, your crashes may have no bearing on the stability of the program, unless there is a rash of other folks with the same hardware complaining.

brconflict
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1891
    Re: Suggestions for new version of Sonar comming in 2016 2016/01/21 10:27:56 (permalink)
    I agree with both. Focusing some efforts in improved stability when editing and MIDI would be a welcome thing in my book, as I've posted many issues here in the past. Knowing CW has improved a few things MIDI, and in Spring plan to revisit some things in the editor, I think "wait-and-see" is also in order.

Selfishly, I wish to see more focus on the app itself and less on plug-ins or add-ons. Now that we've added some large components, I'm anxious for CW to refocus on the DAW, itself. I think they plan to do this, but I also believe they are planning for more bells and whistles, something I think may not afford them the resources to really dig into the app. I also hope and pray they don't try and re-invent the wheel in the editor. There's some major fixes I'd like to see, but I hope they don't change things drastically to accomplish that.

I'm going to be patient, myself, since CW does seem to be reading our posts. But there's some major new features being implemented I've not seen anyone ask for--perhaps, "What you don't know that you need."

Anyway, here's to 2016!

Brian

Sonar Platinum, Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9, MOTU 24CoreIO w/ low-slew OP-AMP mods and BLA external clock, True P8, Audient ASP008, API 512c, Chandler Germ500, Summit 2ba-221, GAP Pre-73, Peluso 22251, Peluso 2247LE, Mackie HR824, Polk Audio SRS-SDA 2.3tl w/upgraded Soniccraft crossovers and Goertz cables, powered by Pass-X350. All wiring Star-Quad XLR or Monster Cable. Power by Monster Power Signature AVS2000 voltage stabilizer and Signature Pro Power 5100 PowerCenter on a 20A isolation shielded circuit.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1