Summer Januaries work in progress-- Only Need The Stars rough mix

Author
seanmichaelrobinson
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 59
2018/10/11 21:03:56 (permalink)

Summer Januaries work in progress-- Only Need The Stars rough mix

https://soundcloud.com/the-summer-januaries/only-need-the-stars-rough-10-11-2018/s-gf6tQ

Hello all,

Above is a rough mix of a new song, "Only Need the Stars". I would appreciate any and all feedback, most critically re: the arrangement and mix. Piano, guitar, and upright went down live in the same room, vocals and various other instruments and sounds are overdubs! Tracked to Sonar Producer through a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 and various mics :)

2 Replies Related Threads

Wayfarer
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 831
    Re: Summer Januaries work in progress-- Only Need The Stars rough mix 2018/10/12 02:31:17 (permalink)
    Wow! Just fantastic. Now this is my kind of music.

Bill
    bjornpdx
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 759
    Re: Summer Januaries work in progress-- Only Need The Stars rough mix 2018/10/12 03:11:02 (permalink)
     I know it's a rough mix but here's a couple of things that struck me. I'm more of a casual listener than a sound engineer and I listened through headphones. 
    I wonder if you're in the right key since it seemed like some of the lower notes were out of the singer's range. 
    Wasn't sure what was going on ~1:18. I thought it sounded like a fireworks rocket going up or something?
    The instrument breaks at 1:46 and 3:06 just didn't sound right, as if the tempo was increased for 20 sec or so.

It's a really pretty tune and I do like it. There were just a couple of things that bothered me.

Bjorn
    soundcloud.com/orygun
    www.bjornfredrickson.com
    https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/BjornFredrickson

Purrfect Audio Pro Studio, RME UCX
    Cakewalk by Bandlab,  Studio One,  Reaper
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1