Superior Drummer 3: poor sync to host in grid editor??? annoying!

Author
emeraldsoul
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1858
2017/11/12 22:35:28 (permalink)

Superior Drummer 3: poor sync to host in grid editor??? annoying!

Hi SD3 people,

I have a bunch of SD3 preset midi blocks in the "song" timeline. I have "Follow Host" enabled.

It's all in a Sonar song, and the SD drums play perfectly in sync with the other instruments in Sonar. yea!

HOWEVER, when I go into SD3 and try to use the SD3 grid editor to move some of the snares around or whatever in the midi files, the SD3 playback screen is a little ahead of the sonar playback screens. Again, the audio is fine, but the SD3 visual playback is a tad ahead and it makes it hard to align what I'm hearing with what I'm seeing.

Another way of putting it might be, the SD3 "playhead" is advanced in the measure, compared to the "playhead" in Sonar. By about a quarter of a measure, on my system. Again, the sound is perfectly in sync, but the visual "playheads" are a fair bit off.

If this makes any sense, got any ideas? I could go into SD3, take the "Snap" off, and then move all the notes off the grid markers to align with the song's audio, but what's the point of screwing that up?

I searched the Google and the Toontrack forum to no avail.

cheers, and thanks!
-Tom

A work in regress:
www.studiusinterruptus.com

Cornbread - video   audio
A Very, Very Troubled Soul - video   
Kilometers Davis - video   audio
Mayans (Face in the Crowd) - video  audio
The Sweet Slow Fade - video

3 Replies Related Threads

WallyG
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 833
    Re: Superior Drummer 3: poor sync to host in grid editor??? annoying! 2017/11/13 16:28:31 (permalink)
    emeraldsoul
    Hi SD3 people,

I have a bunch of SD3 preset midi blocks in the "song" timeline. I have "Follow Host" enabled.

It's all in a Sonar song, and the SD drums play perfectly in sync with the other instruments in Sonar. yea!

HOWEVER, when I go into SD3 and try to use the SD3 grid editor to move some of the snares around or whatever in the midi files, the SD3 playback screen is a little ahead of the sonar playback screens. Again, the audio is fine, but the SD3 visual playback is a tad ahead and it makes it hard to align what I'm hearing with what I'm seeing.

Another way of putting it might be, the SD3 "playhead" is advanced in the measure, compared to the "playhead" in Sonar. By about a quarter of a measure, on my system. Again, the sound is perfectly in sync, but the visual "playheads" are a fair bit off.

If this makes any sense, got any ideas? I could go into SD3, take the "Snap" off, and then move all the notes off the grid markers to align with the song's audio, but what's the point of screwing that up?

I searched the Google and the Toontrack forum to no avail.

cheers, and thanks!
    -Tom

FWIW, My SD3 in Grid Editor mode is spot on.

Walt

Roland Jupiter 80, Roland D50, Roland Integra 7, Roland BK-7m, Yamaha Montage 6, ARP Odyssey, Excelsior Continental Artist, Roland FR-8X, 1967 Fender Jaguar, Fender Strat,  Fender 1965 Twin Reverb reissue, Selmer Trumpet, Akai EWI, Studio One 4 Professional, Melodyne Studio 4, Behringer X-Touch, RME Fireface UCX, MOTU MIDI Express XT - ADK Pro Audio Hex Xtreme 6 Core i7 4.5GHz, 64GB, 480GB SS, 3 X 3TB Hard Drives, Win 10, 2 X 27" & 1X 46" Monitors,
    My WEB site - www.gontowski.com/music
    emeraldsoul
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1858
    Re: Superior Drummer 3: poor sync to host in grid editor??? annoying! 2017/11/14 03:47:12 (permalink)
    Hey I'm  at least glad to hear it works for you! Are you win10 or win7?

It might have to do with a delay compensation setting, or a buffer setting? But it's definitely in sync with the audio.

Weirdly, sonar's visual flathead is in sync with all the audio . . . But sd3's grid editor playhead is about a quarter of a measure AHEAD of the Sonar playhead, and ahead therefore of the audio.

?

Thanks,
    -Tom

A work in regress:
    www.studiusinterruptus.com

Cornbread - video   audio
    A Very, Very Troubled Soul - video   
    Kilometers Davis - video   audio
    Mayans (Face in the Crowd) - video  audio
    The Sweet Slow Fade - video
    Grem
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    Re: Superior Drummer 3: poor sync to host in grid editor??? annoying! 2017/11/14 04:37:54 (permalink)
    Try lowering your buffers and see.if that helps.

Grem

Michael

Music PC
    i7 2600K; 64gb Ram; 3 256gb SSD, System, Samples, Audio; 1TB & 2TB Project Storage; 2TB system BkUp; RME FireFace 400; Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 
    Home PC
    AMD FX 6300; 8gb Ram; 256 SSD sys; 2TB audio/samples; Realtek WASAPI; Win 10 Home 64; CWbBL 64 
    Surface Pro 3
    Win 10  i7 8gb RAM; CWbBL 64
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1