Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Ozz
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 332
2018/07/14 19:11:52 (permalink)

Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions?

Not sure if this is the correct area to post this....but, it seemed the most appropriate as it's not directly Sonar related...

Anyone here ever purchase a guitar (electric or acoustic) from Sweetwater?

I'm in the market for an acoustic, and a little nervous about ordering online/unseen/unplayed.....but, I live in a town where the (only) music shop carries Alvarez, Alvarez, and Alvarez...although...for those a little crazier and wild, they do also carry Alvarez....

I'm just curious for anyone who has, how the transaction went down?  Well packaged?  Undamaged?  Set up properly with regard to intonation, action and the basics?  I've never ordered from Sweetwater.....though I've gotten their catalogs for years....I've heard such odd things about their sales people being rather intrusive....and the fact that once you're assigned someone (as I apparently have been) you're basically stuck with that person and can only order if he/she is there.

But...they have a good selection....and they have their "55 point checklist" or whatever they call it (though, I've read on a number of forums that most people think it's complete "B.S." as guitars come to them with dings or broken tuners, or whatever....

Anyway....It's a lot of money (to me)...and I just want some confirmation from people who I've got some confidence in, before going further.

Thanks,

Ozz

Sonar Platinum, Win 10 Pro 64, Intel i7 4770K, 16GB DDR3 1600, 1 x 250GB SSD, 2 x 2TB SATA, Roland OctaCapture, Roland XP-30 (Controller only), Shure KSM-44, Rode NT-1, Shure SM57, Numerous Guitar Amp sims, Komplete 6/7, Alchemy, Custom built guitar, Carvin Amplifiers.

36 Replies Related Threads

Beepster
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 18001
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/14 19:38:37 (permalink)
    I've never used them but from everything I've heard (here and elsewhere) you don't have anything to worry about aside from the whole not being able to physically try out the guit before buying (I've only bought one guit without playing it first off ebay but that turned out rather well thankfully).

If something is screwed up send the bugger back. They do not seem like the type of company that would just say "too bad, so sad" if they screwed up or something got broken in the mail. Their business model depends on not screwing up orders or creating bad impressions.

Also if you are really concerned just pay with a credit card that offers insurance for such purchases (if you have one... but most cards do these days I think). That way if they do try to bone you for whatever reason you can just make a claim with the CC company. Not sure if they accept Paypal but PP also has buyer protection of course.

Out of all the online companies out there SW seems pretty solid. Kind of like Amazon for musicians.

That said sometimes things go sideways (especially with something as easily messed up as a guitar). Due to the volume of business they do and the randomness of conssumers (especially online consumers) there is bound to be bad feedback. As a former ebay hound (seller) I don't outright dismiss negative online feedback but I try to take it in context. If HALF the people are ticked... that ain't good. If it's just a small number of complaints or the feedback seems weird (a LOT of people are stupid and/or just like to b*tch and/or are trying get something for free/less) then I'll weigh the risk vs reward. Like in a case such as yours where you have no other options (exclusively Alvarez? Gross, dude!) or in my situation being broke and needing something super specific.

When I bought my 90's era Yamaha Pacifica (they are better than the modern ones IMO and this bugger had been modded with an extra $300 worth of electronics AND cost the same as the crappier unmodded new Pacificas) I was definitely nervous but dog mnad it's a great ax. Easily worth twice or thrice what I paid for it and once I did my usual freaky OCD cleaning and setup on it it was in better condition that I thought it would be... especially consider I bought it from a gigging musician in swampy arse Florida.

Cheers.

*edited because I forgot that the pups and push pot system was actually about $300 worth of kit... not $150. I paid $300 for the entire axe which is the new retail price for the new models. The one I got used to sell for $400-500 back in the day unmodded.
    bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/14 19:39:06 (permalink)
    I purchased my Rick 4003 bass from them. Arrived in great/perfect shape.

Of course any shipped product can fall prey to damage after it leaves Sweetwater. That UPS/FEDEX guy/gal couldn't care less if it's a guitar a quilt made by grandma in that box. Chit happens. 
    Leadfoot
    Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2817
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/14 20:27:45 (permalink)
    I've ordered acoustic, electric, and bass guitars from them. Arrived in great shape. Set up nicely. No complaints. I ordered a compressor a few years ago that arrived with one channel not working. Called them up, they emailed me a shipping label, and shipped me a new one before I even sent the old one out. Excellent customer service. I would order another guitar from them again without hesitation.
    Beepster
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/14 21:42:00 (permalink)
    And there you have it. If you are unfamiliar with bapu and leadfoot... well, I would trust their opinion.

Let us know what you get... and post pics because we're dorks and like pics of gear.

;-)
    Brian Walton
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 584
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/14 22:23:31 (permalink)
    Return policy isn't the best.  If you return said guitar the cost of shipping (BOTH ways) is coming out of your refund and shipping guitars isn't exactly cheap.  

They would only refund the full amount if it is damaged.  So if the guitar isn't quite right, that isn't good enough.  

The complete satisfaction guarantee isn't what it seems.  I'd consider other options.  

What kind of price level are you looking at?  
    Beepster
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/14 22:46:31 (permalink)
    Well... I think that's kind of fair if there is nothing wrong with the instrument itself. Otherwise people could just sample a different guit every month and the seller is stuck with the postage (and wear on the product) thus forcing them to add that cost into the price for other customers.

It's a delicate balance of wanting to keep pople happy and not getting burned by looky loos or people just ordering crap when they're drunk and regretting it when it arrives. I had to deal with people like that. It was a smallish percentage but the time and money lost dealing with them adds up... quickly.

My main advice in that regard is to know the product you are purchasing or if you are unsure to put the cost of shipping (and some places charge a restocking fee) into your budget.
    Ozz
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/14 22:48:53 (permalink)
    Thanks for the replies so far, all....it looks, as with anything, it's a mixed bag....  It's funny....reading forums based on that topic...there's a certain group with an almost cult-like love for the place, and then on the other side are the folks who find them...well...nearly cult-like  ;-)

Price level...well....it's gone up since I started looking....truth is, I shouldn't be buying a guitar right now...but....sometimes that stuff happens...

I want to get the best I can for the least amount of cash.....but, the last time I bought an acoustic was about 25 years ago (and if I had it to do over, I'd have chosen something else)....

I'd say the absolute top-end maximum I could swing would be in the $1500 range.  (And although that's more than I want to spend, I also figure I only buy an acoustic guitar about every 25 years ;-)  so I should splurge a bit).  I just wish I could play all the models I'm thinking about rather than watching loads of youtube videos with bad microphones and equipment.  (Of course, I could always go with an Alvarez.)

And Beepster....I wanted to tell you that a post you made...maybe a year or two ago (in response to someone else's question) REALLY helped me out  (regarding your recording/mixing setup)....So, I thank you for that.

Sonar Platinum, Win 10 Pro 64, Intel i7 4770K, 16GB DDR3 1600, 1 x 250GB SSD, 2 x 2TB SATA, Roland OctaCapture, Roland XP-30 (Controller only), Shure KSM-44, Rode NT-1, Shure SM57, Numerous Guitar Amp sims, Komplete 6/7, Alchemy, Custom built guitar, Carvin Amplifiers.
    TheMaartian
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2774
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/14 23:18:46 (permalink)
    If I'm going to buy a guitar/bass online, it will be from Sweetwater if they sell the brand/model I want.

When shopping online, each guitar/bass from $299 upward is individually inspected, set up, photographed and weighed. You can see each unit they have in stock by serial number and order that specific serial number. I've bought several guitars and basses from them and have zero complaints.

Waiting for the annual guitar/bass sale (September?). I want one of the new Ibanez BTB845V high-C 5-string basses. Bad G.A.S. this time.

In comparison, I've bought 2 G&L guitars from Musician's Friend. Really happy with one; not so much with the other. You get whatever they send you.

Intel i7 3.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HD Win10 Home 64-bit Tascam US-16x08
    Studio One 4 Pro NotionMelodyne 4 Studio Acoustica 7 Guitar Pro 7
    PreSonus FaderPort Nektar P6 M-Audio BX8 D2 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
    NI K9U XLN AK, AD2 AAS VS-2, GS-2, VA-2, EP-4, CP-2, OD Toontrack SD3, EZK
    Beepster
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/14 23:29:27 (permalink)
    Right on, Ozz. Glad some of my frantic old obsessive ramblings helped. I did a lot of research to get the most per dollar based on what I could conceive myself needing to do production-wise in the medium/long term and really, aside from the usual annoyances and glitches that comes with all this that I just work around, I have not been disappointed. When I was a young stage stomper in the late 90's and early aughts I would have eaten my own poop to have my own demo studio. Back then the bare minimum would have been about $10,000. I dropped MAYBE about 2 grand all in all and can do things I never thought even possible.

In that spirit... based on your stated budget and the fact you are looking to purchase an acoustic for long time guit luvin' I would say put some of that aside for gas/rides and get yourself to various pawn shops/used musical instrument stores and play/handle/find a used acoustic that is just right for you. You can get some amazing "previously loved" guits that way for far less than $1500.

Acoustic guitars, IMO, are indeed something that should be played before committing (even more so than electrics). There is too much tonal texture and feel involved with an acoustic instrument that even with the same model instrument I wouldn't trust it sight unseen.

I'll also say some of the most characteristic acoustics I've played were offbrand oddball thingies.

My current acoustic is something called an "Aspen" (never heard of them before or after) given to me by an ex girlfriend who just had it laying around and never learned to play it. I did literally hundreds of performances with that thing and insane hours of home practicing and kernoodling (it's the guit I tested all my modal theory crap out on originally). It unfortunately needs to be refretted and it's not a beefy sounding guit but it has great mid and high range and cuts very well.

I lovingly refer to it as the Ass Pin.

;-)
    Leadfoot
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/14 23:53:59 (permalink)
    BTW, I have an Alvarez classical that I used in college 30 years ago, and I LOVE it.
    Beepster
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/15 00:37:37 (permalink)
    Leadfoot
    BTW, I have an Alvarez classical that I used in college 30 years ago, and I LOVE it.

Now that sounds about right... but I know not from nylon stringed guits and when/if I ever do get one I'll probably wuss out from confusion and just get a Yamaha.

They seem to do the trick and are cheap, plentiful and cost effective... although I'm certain there are far better classical brands that specialize/cater to that style. I honestly would have no idea where to begin.

Heck... I don't think I've ever even strung up a classical.

Welp, now that fact is annoying me.

lulz... "El Capitaine Guitarmouth" doesn't know how to properly string a nylon guit.

EVERYBODY POINT AND LAUGH!!!

Please enjoy this smiley of great shame...

:-)
    bdickens
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 847
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/15 01:21:48 (permalink)
    I have never bought a guitar from them, but I have bought lots of other stuff. Their service is some kind of awesome whether you are buying a pack of guitar strings or a whole studio. I live out in the sticks but I swear if they shipped any faster I could finish my order and then walk out and find the box at my front gate.

As far as the salespeople, I think one man's intrusive is another man's friendly. They like to call you to thank you for your order and tell you it is shipping out and about when to expect it. They also like to make sure you got it and that everything is OK.

And I'm sure they will be just as happy to take your money if your own salesperson is off that day.

Byron Dickens
    Leadfoot
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/15 01:27:52 (permalink)
    @Beeps
    There are definitely better out there. Mine cost $400 back in '88, so it wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst either. It's cedar top helps produce a beautiful warm tone, and it plays like a dream. The funny thing is that the cedar smells just as strong as when it was new. I love that smell. Does that make me weird?
    Beepster
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/15 01:55:59 (permalink)
    Leadfoot
    The funny thing is that the cedar smells just as strong as when it was new. I love that smell. Does that make me weird?

Cedar (and of course other fragrant woods) are pretty awesome like that.

Semi related but the first electric I ever officially owned (a Saga II 335/Dot clone) came with this awesome hardcase.

I do not know exactly what they used as glue but every time I opened that case I got a nice pleasantly sweet blast of something. Like walking into a stand of cedar/peach trees surrounding a patch of slightly overipe berries sprinkled with cocoa.

It never went away... well until I idiotically pawned the thing and forgot it in hock.

One of my dumber moves in life.
    Leadfoot
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/15 02:08:16 (permalink)
    Beepster
    ...well until I idiotically pawned the thing and forgot it in hock.

One of my dumber moves in life.

I can relate. I lost an olympic white/rosewood fretboard Fender strat with the large headstock, and an '85 Marshall JCM800 head. Evil pawn shops....
    Beepster
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/15 02:32:51 (permalink)
    Leadfoot

I can relate. I lost an olympic white/rosewood fretboard Fender strat with the large headstock, and an '85 Marshall JCM800 head. Evil pawn shops....

The best part was that I only needed a small loan so I took a lesser amount so I wouldn't have to pay as much when I retreived it. As I was rummaging through my crap I found the ticket maybe 6 months past the year long contract (at which point they owned the guit).

It wasn't a high end guit but it sounded great and man oh man could I be doing some slickness with it these days. It was just too squealy and cranky for the high gain mayhem I was doing back then (semi hollow bodies do not do well live through MT-2 pedals at full volume... lol).

I literally just forgot about it and I've been kicking myself since. It's like the guitar equivalent of leaving your childhood dog tied up somewhere and not returning.

Soooooooooo dumb.

:-/
    57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/15 14:48:12 (permalink)
    It's too bad you're not looking for a MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black, almost new, hardly played at all.
    We could make a deal.
    Good luck!

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Brian Walton
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 584
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/17 00:03:40 (permalink)
    Beepster
    Well... I think that's kind of fair if there is nothing wrong with the instrument itself. Otherwise people could just sample a different guit every month and the seller is stuck with the postage (and wear on the product) thus forcing them to add that cost into the price for other customers.

It's a delicate balance of wanting to keep pople happy and not getting burned by looky loos or people just ordering crap when they're drunk and regretting it when it arrives. I had to deal with people like that. It was a smallish percentage but the time and money lost dealing with them adds up... quickly.

My main advice in that regard is to know the product you are purchasing or if you are unsure to put the cost of shipping (and some places charge a restocking fee) into your budget.

I agree if we are talking about a $400 (cheap) instrument.  But if we are talking about a professional grade instrument, it is unfair for a retailer to expect the player to just accept any one of them as what might be 1/10 of someone's yearly take home  post-tax pay for an average person.  (Say the above $2K instrument kind).  That is a lot of money both for the consumer as well as the store.  

If I walk into a Guitar Center with 20 guitars in the premium acoustic room, starting at 2K, chances are I MIGHT find one that meets my standard across feel and tone.  Historically, I wouldn't find even one that I'd pay the asking price for.  So a company that is really only doing on-line retail (and charging basically full retail - Sweetwater is not a low cost leader by any stretch), they should have some give and take to get you to choose one of their premium stock over a physical store.  

I agree with your next post that suggests investing some traveling time to go find one instead of on-line for a nice acoustic.  The OP lives in NY, I can't imagine there are not a few stores for one of the most populated places in the US.  

As for Alvarez - do they sell the Yairi models?  The Masterworks Models can truly be pro-grade equipment if you find the right one.  They don't just make entry level instruments.  
    Ozz
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/17 23:24:16 (permalink)
    OP here...."The OP lives in NY, I can't imagine there are not a few stores for one of the most populated places in the US.".....well...a lot of people make the mistake of assuming if you say you live in NY, that it means you've got an apartment in the middle of Manhattan.  ;-)

I'm WAAAAAAYY Upstate and out in the middle of nowhere.......NYC is a good 6-6.5 hours from me....Most every city you can think of is a good 3 hours or more from me.  So...when I said my town has ONE music store, I'm not kidding....There's another store I recently drove (that's actually further in the sticks than I am) to that was about a 2 hour trip......they carried a couple of other brands....but because we're in a "low end" area, a lot of these mom and pop stores carry low end instruments.

So...the GOOD side of the coin is that the internet has everything I could ever want in a guitar.....
    The BAD side of the coin is that I have to cross my fingers and hope they send me a "good one".  (or that the return policy is a good one, if they don't)  ;-)

I briefly lived near NYC, many years ago....and you really COULD try a gazillion guitars!  Good times.....

Leadfoot
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/18 03:14:43 (permalink)
    Sweetwater takes care of their customers. The only reason Brian Walton got charged shipping is because he decided to return the guitar. If, by chance, you received a guitar that had a problem, they would make it right. It's an exchange vs. a return. They never charged me a cent when I needed to exchange my faulty compressor. If I would have wanted to just return it, I'm sure I would have been charged for shipping.
    michaelhanson
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3529
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/18 10:54:48 (permalink)
    Sweetwater is top notch. I recently bought a half dozen packages of guitar strings and some high dollar picks; then got a personal follow up phone call a week later asking if I had received my order and was my experience satisfactory. I was very amazed over such a small purchase that they followed up just as if I had bought a 3K guitar.

Mike

https://soundcloud.com/michaeljhanson
    https://www.facebook.com/michaeljhanson.music
    iTunes:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/scandalous-grace/id1180730765

Platinum Lifetime, Focusrite 8i6 & 2i4, Gibson LP, ES335, Fender Strat, 4003 Rickenbacker
    BMI
    Ozz
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/30 23:03:47 (permalink)
    Well....I put my order in today for a new acoustic with Sweetwater and my "Personal Sales Engineer".

And now.....

I wait.......

and worry.......

Sigh.....

TheMaartian
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2774
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/30 23:34:50 (permalink)
    Ozz
    Well....I put my order in today for a new acoustic with Sweetwater and my "Personal Sales Engineer".

And now.....

I wait.......

and worry.......

Sigh.....

10 to 1 you're really happy when it shows up!

Intel i7 3.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HD Win10 Home 64-bit Tascam US-16x08
    Studio One 4 Pro NotionMelodyne 4 Studio Acoustica 7 Guitar Pro 7
    PreSonus FaderPort Nektar P6 M-Audio BX8 D2 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
    NI K9U XLN AK, AD2 AAS VS-2, GS-2, VA-2, EP-4, CP-2, OD Toontrack SD3, EZK
    Leadfoot
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/31 00:06:11 (permalink)
    TheMaartian
    Ozz

And now.....

I wait.......

and worry.......

Sigh.....

10 to 1 you're really happy when it shows up!

I agree...
    jude77
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1146
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/31 16:19:40 (permalink)
    TheMaartian
    If I'm going to buy a guitar/bass online, it will be from Sweetwater if they sell the brand/model I want.

When shopping online, each guitar/bass from $299 upward is individually inspected, set up, photographed and weighed. You can see each unit they have in stock by serial number and order that specific serial number. I've bought several guitars and basses from them and have zero complaints.

Waiting for the annual guitar/bass sale (September?). I want one of the new Ibanez BTB845V high-C 5-string basses. Bad G.A.S. this time.

In comparison, I've bought 2 G&L guitars from Musician's Friend. Really happy with one; not so much with the other. You get whatever they send you.

I'm guessing by now that the OP has received his guitar and is happy.  Overall I think Sweetwater is (are) amazing people, but several years ago I ordered a John Lennon Casino copy from them (somewhere around $2,000).  The setup was abysmal, a tuner was lose and there was a rattle whenever you hit a chord.  At the time of the order Sweetwater claimed EVERY guitar they shipped was inspected/setup/played etc.  While I lay the problems with that guitar at Epiphone's feet, I doubt it even got a visual inspection from Sweetwater. 

You haven't lived until you've taken the Rorschach.

Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit /6th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.0 GHz)/16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 2133MHz SDRAM Memory/ NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 730 with 2GB DDR3 Graphics Memory/ Dell KB216 Wired Multi-Media Keyboard English Black/ 802.11ac + Bluetooth
    4.0/Integrated 7.1 with WAVE MAXXAudio Pro/Wireless 3165 driver
    Jim Roseberry
    • Total Posts : 9871
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/31 17:23:05 (permalink)
    I've ordered numerous higher-end guitars from Sweetwater.
    They have always arrived in good condition (packed well).

As far as return shipping:
    Sweetwater will absolutely cover it if there's anything wrong with the gear.
    If it's simply that you don't like it, then you're responsible for shipping.
    IMO, That's pretty reasonable.

As far as setup, that's always subjective.
    Nicer instruments get more attention (both from Sweetwater and the manufacturer)… so they usually arrive without needing much attention.
    After putting on my strings of choice, I typically have to adjust intonation.
    Occasionally, I'll make small adjustments to the setup.

I'd have zero qualms about ordering a nicer guitar from Sweetwater.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    bayoubill
    • Total Posts : 10899
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/31 18:43:06 (permalink)
    I agree with Jim and had the same observations. I have even returned a guitar I didn't like and they only asked I pay for shipping. You may find a better deal somewhere if you look long enough but you won't go wrong by using Sweetwater.

SWAMP MUSIC
    Sonar PLATINUM        
    Studio Cat DAW

Jim Roseberry
    • Total Posts : 9871
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/07/31 19:05:43 (permalink)
    I've returned a couple guitars and a couple of tube heads over ~20 years.
    Stuart Hisey has been my sales-engineer from the beginning.
    Nice guy...

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    Ozz
    Re: Sweetwater guitar customers? Opinions? 2018/08/01 00:44:56 (permalink)

I'm guessing by now that the OP has received his guitar and is happy.  Overall I think Sweetwater is (are) amazing people, but several years ago I ordered a John Lennon Casino copy from them (somewhere around $2,000).  The setup was abysmal, a tuner was lose and there was a rattle whenever you hit a chord.  At the time of the order Sweetwater claimed EVERY guitar they shipped was inspected/setup/played etc.  While I lay the problems with that guitar at Epiphone's feet, I doubt it even got a visual inspection from Sweetwater. 

Nope....haven't gotten it yet...but it DID ship out today, and they say I should have it sometime on Thursday.....so, I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time..lol

The one I got was the last one they had....and there was one thing in the pictures I'm a little concerned about (just an aesthetic thing...but....hey, I'm shallow, what can I say?)

Hopefully, it won't be as visible in person....if it is.....I'll give it a few days to see if I can live with it, or if I'm going to have to pony up some return cash... (actually, it'd just be exchange cash....I'd either wait til they get more in....or, more likely, because I'm an idiot, I'd trade UP...lol

But...looking forward to it....my lone acoustic broke a couple years ago (but..the way time passes for me, I could be way off on that)....and I wasn't that happy with that particular guitar anyway...bought it when I was young and didn't know much better (loved it when I bought it, but the honeymoon was relatively short).

I also question this "55 point inspection"....because they don't really tell you what it is....I even asked my sales guy...and he kind of ....vaguely mentioned a couple things....but....personally, I think it's an exaggeration.

I'm also not so sure my guy is too knowledgeable about acoustic guitars....though, it seems if Sweetwater REALLY wanted to have awesome customer service, that if a person emails a question regarding acoustic guitars....they send him to someone who might specialize in that kind of instrument, instead of whoever is next up in the queue.

But....he seemed like an alright guy (we'll see how he is if there's a problem or I want to return/exchange it)...and when I asked what he could do on the price....I have to admit, I think he did pretty well.

I won't be sleeping much the next couple nights....lol

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1