Helpful ReplyT-RackS 5 (now including ARC 2.5 integration, and free version info)

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 15
Author
clintmartin
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3893
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/15 21:28:35 (permalink)
It looks pretty good to me! I can't buy it now, but I will at some point. Hopefully it will go on sale again around Christmas.

Cakewalk, Harrison Mixbus 4, Waveform 9, ADK intel i7 2600 3.40 ghz, 8gb Ram, Win 7, Presonus Audiobox 44VSL. 
http://www.youtube.com/c/clintmartinmusic
https://itunes.apple.com/...lint-martin/1010966023
https://open.spotify.com/artist/4x4TBz32i56bTJkgu7b4tN

sergiosimoes
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 159
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/15 22:17:35 (permalink)
IK_Multimedia
You will have T-RackS 5 and any of your previous plugins from your MAX purchase will work as T-RackS 5 plugins (updtated GUI, work within the T-RackS 5 standalone, suite, and a single plugins in your DAW).

Thanks for the answer but... does this mean that, having bought T-Racks 5, if I instantiate a Stealth Limiter in a track (for instance) with the new GUI and all, I'll be running the same code that someone who bought T-Racks 5 MAX and use the version of Stealth Limiter that comes with it?

In the beginning there was the "MASCHINE"
the survival and the organization of the planet depend upon the "MASCHINE"
the future and the past depend upon the "MASCHINE"... the past?
but who wanted the "MASCHINE" ?
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/15 22:52:05 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby pentimentosound 2017/09/20 13:00:29
sergiosimoes
IK_Multimedia
You will have T-RackS 5 and any of your previous plugins from your MAX purchase will work as T-RackS 5 plugins (updtated GUI, work within the T-RackS 5 standalone, suite, and a single plugins in your DAW).

Thanks for the answer but... does this mean that, having bought T-Racks 5, if I instantiate a Stealth Limiter in a track (for instance) with the new GUI and all, I'll be running the same code that someone who bought T-Racks 5 MAX and use the version of Stealth Limiter that comes with it?

Yes.  T-Racks 5 is just basically the "Shell", and, if you already own
all the modules, you will actually have T-Racks 5 MAX. I currently
have everything for 4, but don't "Technically" own MAX, so, if 
I upgrade to 5, I'll technically have MAX, just without it saying "Max".

Fleer
  • Total Posts : 8715
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/15 23:02:45 (permalink)

"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl" (Wish You Were Here)
LAGinz25
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 142
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/16 03:40:59 (permalink)
Ok, I just did the basic update to TRacks 5 which came out to the magic figure of $69.99, using maximum Jam points. Seems like a good deal. The only downside is the headache I have gotten from reading this thread.😆 I believe a lot of this could have been avoided if IK had just stated explicitly upfront that 1) you can use your old plugs within the new TRacks 5, with no less functionality than if you bought these plugins as part of TRacks 5 new; and 2) IK reserves its right in the future to treat purchasers of any bundle differently than those who have purchased individualy the plugins constituting that bundle.
kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/16 04:18:38 (permalink)
LAGinz25
Ok, I just did the basic update to TRacks 5 which came out to the magic figure of $69.99, using maximum Jam points. Seems like a good deal. The only downside is the headache I have gotten from reading this thread.😆 I believe a lot of this could have been avoided if IK had just stated explicitly upfront that 1) you can use your old plugs within the new TRacks 5, with no less functionality than if you bought these plugins as part of TRacks 5 new; and 2) IK reserves its right in the future to treat purchasers of any bundle differently than those who have purchased individualy the plugins constituting that bundle.

Stop there and let the end users fill in the blank.....

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
anydmusic
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 251
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/16 13:25:34 (permalink)
LAGinz25
... 2) IK reserves its right in the future to treat purchasers of any bundle differently than those who have purchased individualy the plugins constituting that bundle.

What I have learned from buying from IK is that if I wait there will almost certainly be a better deal in the future so the general rule is don't buy just because there is a deal buy because you want (preferably need) the items in the deal.

Single items are always a challenge where they are also part of a bundle.

I wanted (but did not necessarily need) Saturator and Quad Imager when the multi buy was out and picked up Plate and DeEsser at the same time. If I had followed my own advice above I would have saved just over $100 (when you minus Jam Points and plus the Tax) and would have got them as part of the Max 5 Upgrade. 

On the plus side I will have had the use of these extra effects for nearly 5 months when T-RackS 5 ships.

My guess is that there will be a better deal on T-TrackS 5 Max at some point in the future, actually I certain that this will happen. For me though I think that getting Max 5 makes sense now just as using the Multi Buy to get some specific items I wanted made sense in May. 

Graham
Windows 10 64 bit - Intel i7-4790, 16GB, 2 x 256GB SSD
Cubase 9.5
Sonar Platinum (Rapture Pro, Z3TA 2, CA2A, plus some other bits)
Delta 24/96, UAD 1, UA25 EX, 2 x MidiSport,
IKMultiMedia - (SampleTank 3, Miroslav 2, Syntronik, TRacks 5, Modo Bass), Band In A Box, Sound Quest, VS Pro, Kinetic, Acid, Sound Forge, Jammer
Waves MaxxVolume, IR 1, Aphex Enhancer, Abbey Plates
Korg Legacy, VStation, Bass Station
BobF
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/16 13:33:29 (permalink)
If I may ... using ccLarry and myself as an example, I bought 4 Max + whatever came out later.  ccLarry bought them all without buying the Max bundle.

We are both in the same identical position with respect to upgrade options.  IMO, IKM did a fantastic job of putting this together.  Their failure was in the initial communication.

The ones I think are crooked are the PG Music guys.  If ccLarry buys the "'16 Pro" version of BiaB at the same time I buy "'16Mega" and we both wait more than a year, we get the exact same upgrade price to "Ultra".  EVEN THOUGH THERE HAVE BEEN ZERO UPDATES TO THE MEGA CONTENT IN THE INTERVENING TIME.

So unlike PG Music, IKM is NOT requiring prior purchasers to re-purchase stuff they already have in order to update.

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

BassDaddy
Max Output Level: -33 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4232
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/16 14:49:22 (permalink)
Good examples Bob. Bottom line? How is $69.00 too much for this?

It's Bass, not Bass.
i7 2700K, 16GB DDR3, 2 SSD sample drives and OS drive, HDD SATAIII for projects, 2 24" monitors
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, Focusrite VRM Box, LAVA Lamp, SONAR Platinum 64 bit, Mackie MCU and 1 MCU XT, Akai Advance 49, Windows 10,
Komplete 9 Ultimate, Cakewalk, Toontrack, IK, AAS, XLN, UVI, Air Music Tech, Waves Factory, Sample Tek and Sonivox VSTi's. Overloud, T-Racks, Audio Damage, D16, Nomad Factory, Waves Gold FX 
robbyk
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 705
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/16 16:42:41 (permalink)
So I have ~70% of the IK plugins but use the free TRackS CS. Do I qualify for the Max $199 intro pricing? I think so? Then do I get the other 30% of the plugins that I do not currently own? Will they also work independently in Sonar or only within the TRacksCS environ?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm so busy working on the house I haven't had time to adequately research this. Nonetheless, I am frothing at the mouth, and no, I wasn't bitten by a bat hiding under my rafters :)

"I'm just workin' on a good life, the way it is."

Best, Robby K 

PC Specs: Dell XPS Tower, Intel Core i5 7400 CPU 3 GHz @, 8 GB RAM
Hardware: Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Line 6 TonePort UX1, ART Tube MP, JBL LSR2325P 5" Bi-Amped Monitors
Software: Windows 10 Home, Sonar 8.5.3 Producer, Sonar Producer X1, Sonar Producer X2 expanded, Sonar Producer X3, Ableton Live 8.3.4, Ozone, Alloy, Toontrack, Podfarm, IK Multimedia, Garritan, Melodyne, Antares, Bias, Rob Papen, OhmForce, Don't Crack... 

Music 
Studio
IK_Multimedia
  • Total Posts : 723
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/16 19:43:05 (permalink)
robbyk
So I have ~70% of the IK plugins but use the free TRackS CS. Do I qualify for the Max $199 intro pricing? I think so? Then do I get the other 30% of the plugins that I do not currently own? Will they also work independently in Sonar or only within the TRacksCS environ?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm so busy working on the house I haven't had time to adequately research this. Nonetheless, I am frothing at the mouth, and no, I wasn't bitten by a bat hiding under my rafters :)

You just need to have a product worth $99.99+ registered in your account.  If you want to send me your IK username via PM I can have that checked but it really sounds like you do.

If you got the $199.99 T-RackS 5 MAX upgrade, you'd have all 38 processors.  They will work as single plugins, not just in the T-RackS environment.

Edit - Also, I do hope your house work is going well.  Be careful of those bats!  A few weeks ago I was startled awake by a bat flying around my bedroom at 5AM.  Not fun!
robbyk
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/17 03:11:11 (permalink)
IK_Multimedia
robbyk

You just need to have a product worth $99.99+ registered in your account.  If you want to send me your IK username via PM I can have that checked but it really sounds like you do.

If you got the $199.99 T-RackS 5 MAX upgrade, you'd have all 38 processors.  They will work as single plugins, not just in the T-RackS environment.

Edit - Also, I do hope your house work is going well.  Be careful of those bats!  A few weeks ago I was startled awake by a bat flying around my bedroom at 5AM.  Not fun!

Will do and thanks!

Yes a bat in the room at 5AM is not fun! Mine were under the shutters I removed to paint the house, up to 20 or so per shutter, all grouped together and getting ready for their winter hibernaculum. Cozy and nice :)

Best, Robby K 

Hardware: Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Line 6 TonePort UX1, ART Tube MP, JBL LSR2325P 5" Bi-Amped Monitors
Software: Windows 10 Home, Sonar 8.5.3 Producer, Sonar Producer X1, Sonar Producer X2 expanded, Sonar Producer X3, Ableton Live 8.3.4, Ozone, Alloy, Toontrack, Podfarm, IK Multimedia, Garritan, Melodyne, Antares, Bias, Rob Papen, OhmForce, Don't Crack... 

Music 
Studio
Fleer
  • Total Posts : 8715
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/17 03:57:06 (permalink)
Got one flying through my living room the other day. Opened all windows. Little bugger left in a hurry when wife hid under blanket. Probably scared the bat more than she was.

"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl" (Wish You Were Here)
vintagevibe
Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2446
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/17 05:16:35 (permalink)
IK_Multimedia
Fleer
"The word comes from guappo, a word in Sicilian and Neapolitan dialects that means a swaggering thug. It’s ultimately derived from the Latin vappa, or “sour wine,” a word the Romans used figuratively for a worthless guy." Feels like home!

Sorry, but in the U.S. that is most definitely NOT what that word means (at least where I'm from and where I've been) and as an Italian-American I find it extremely offensive.  Whether it has been co-opted or not, where I am and for my whole life (and also for my family members, especially those that immigrated here) it has been considered a slur.

As an Italian American myself I'd like to chime in with some trivia. In case it hasn't been mentioned, my understanding of the term is that it is an acronym for With-Out-Papers ... referring to the first wave of Italian immagrants. And yes, it's a slur although one my family thinks is just funny these days. Carry on.
IK_Multimedia
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/17 14:03:34 (permalink)
robbyk
IK_Multimedia
robbyk

Will do and thanks!

Yes a bat in the room at 5AM is not fun! Mine were under the shutters I removed to paint the house, up to 20 or so per shutter, all grouped together and getting ready for their winter hibernaculum. Cozy and nice :)

So. Many. Bats.

Oh, and by the way, before I have anything checked you can actually see your eligibility for this (and other) crossgrade/upgrade options in the new "Crossgrade/Upgrade" section of your IK User Area.
BassDaddy
Max Output Level: -33 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4232
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/17 14:40:15 (permalink)
Could you look into including some kind of Bat safety deal in the User Area? Thanks Ubiquitous IK Guy!

SO. Many Bats. So. Little Time.

It's Bass, not Bass.
i7 2700K, 16GB DDR3, 2 SSD sample drives and OS drive, HDD SATAIII for projects, 2 24" monitors
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, Focusrite VRM Box, LAVA Lamp, SONAR Platinum 64 bit, Mackie MCU and 1 MCU XT, Akai Advance 49, Windows 10,
Komplete 9 Ultimate, Cakewalk, Toontrack, IK, AAS, XLN, UVI, Air Music Tech, Waves Factory, Sample Tek and Sonivox VSTi's. Overloud, T-Racks, Audio Damage, D16, Nomad Factory, Waves Gold FX 
robbyk
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/17 16:26:00 (permalink)
IK_Multimedia
robbyk
IK_Multimedia
robbyk

Will do and thanks!

So. Many. Bats.

Oh, and by the way, before I have anything checked you can actually see your eligibility for this (and other) crossgrade/upgrade options in the new "Crossgrade/Upgrade" section of your IK User Area.

OK that's convenient and clear! I checked and it's $249 for the MAX upgrade for me. Thanks Peter for all the expert help on this! No wait, that's the old TRackS, my area does not yet list the TRackS 5 MAX upgrade yet...I'll check back later, it's a nice feature!

Best, Robby K 

Music 
Studio
Grem
Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5562
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/17 18:46:59 (permalink)
Well I got in on it. I wanted the new features of the shell itself. I agree with Bob, the old UI was just too damn small! The new "album" module looks interesting too. The new meters look good. Better than the older version. 

Grem

Michael

Music PC
i7 2600K; 64gb Ram; 3 256gb SSD, System, Samples, Audio; 1TB & 2TB Project Storage; 2TB system BkUp; RME FireFace 400; Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 
Home PC
AMD FX 6300; 8gb Ram; 256 SSD sys; 2TB audio/samples; Realtek WASAPI; Win 10 Home 64; CWbBL 64 
Surface Pro 3
Win 10  i7 8gb RAM; CWbBL 64
Grem
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/17 18:56:18 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ZincTrumpet 2017/09/18 17:05:00
ZincTrumpet

Does anyone know how long the version 4 stuff will continue working if I decide not to upgrade? 

For the vst version, I am assuming as long as your DAW is compatible with the OS you use.

For the stand alone version as long as the OS supports it. 

These things will determine how long it will continue to work. 

I don't think IK will pull the plug on authorization anytime soon.

Grem

Michael

Music PC
i7 2600K; 64gb Ram; 3 256gb SSD, System, Samples, Audio; 1TB & 2TB Project Storage; 2TB system BkUp; RME FireFace 400; Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 
Home PC
AMD FX 6300; 8gb Ram; 256 SSD sys; 2TB audio/samples; Realtek WASAPI; Win 10 Home 64; CWbBL 64 
Surface Pro 3
kitekrazy1
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/17 22:17:40 (permalink)
Oh wait, some of my plugs have the CS tag. I do believe the individual purchase are called custom shop. Will those be upgraded to 5?

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
IK_Multimedia
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/18 14:59:01 (permalink)
kitekrazy1
Oh wait, some of my plugs have the CS tag. I do believe the individual purchase are called custom shop. Will those be upgraded to 5?

Yes, those are v4 plugins. Which will be handled as described in the FAQ at http://cgi.ikmultimedia.c...c.php?f=13&t=14225
IK_Multimedia
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/18 15:00:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby robbyk 2017/09/18 15:37:59
Oops, also note that you should see the T-RackS 5 MAX Upgrade in your IK User Area "Crossgrade/Upgrade" section now, the bats are cleared from the belfry there.

robbyk
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/18 15:37:51 (permalink)
IK_Multimedia
Oops, also note that you should see the T-RackS 5 MAX Upgrade in your IK User Area "Crossgrade/Upgrade" section now, the bats are cleared from the belfry there.

Ha, ha, good one :)

Yup it's there, whoo hoo, $199! Good news for me!

Best, Robby K 

Music 
Studio
Grem
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/18 15:48:23 (permalink)
robbyk

If you don't have any/many TrackS plugs, then this is a great deal. Enjoy.

Grem

Michael

Music PC
Home PC
Surface Pro 3
ZincTrumpet
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 891
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/18 17:14:07 (permalink)
Grem
ZincTrumpet
Does anyone know how long the version 4 stuff will continue working if I decide not to upgrade? 

For the vst version, I am assuming as long as your DAW is compatible with the OS you use.

For the stand alone version as long as the OS supports it. 

These things will determine how long it will continue to work. 

I don't think IK will pull the plug on authorization anytime soon.

Thanks Grem, I think I realised it was a bit of a dumb question milliseconds after I posted it  
For example, I run the latest version of Sampletank (3.7 I believe) and but v2.5 still works even after all these years.

Anyway, I also have the $199 Max upgrade offer in my account so I am very tempted as I only have T-Racks 4 Deluxe (9 processors) plus Stealth Limiter (which I use every day).  Using the maximum Jampoints (30%) it should work out around £148 including VAT.
Grem
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/18 19:01:53 (permalink)
The British/White Channel Strips are also nice. EQ73 and EQ81, favorites. I really like all of 'em!

Grem

Michael

Music PC
Home PC
Surface Pro 3
kitekrazy1
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/18 21:49:29 (permalink)
Can I use Gear Credits to purchase T-RackS 5 in Custom Shop?
No, Gear Credits cannot be used to purchase T-RackS 5 at this time.

That sucks..............

robbyk
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/19 17:07:46 (permalink)
Grem
robbyk

If you don't have any/many TrackS plugs, then this is a great deal. Enjoy.

Grem, check me out here and let me kow if my thinking is skewered the wrong way as it has a tendency to do as of late.

I just checked and there are 10 I do not have totaling $860 if I purchased "as is":

Linear Phase Equalizer   59.99
Classic T-RackS Multi-band Limiter 39.99
CSR Inverse Reverb   39.99
White Channel    99.99
Bus Compressor    99.99
Precision Comp / Limiter  99.99
Master EQ 432    119.99
EQ 73     99.99
EQ PA     99.99
EQ PG     99.99

So for $199 - 99(the shell)= $100 - 30% (jam points) = a lower price, I am getting the above (plus 4 new modules). Granted, with sales I would probably get the above for 1/2 price or so ( I only have 5 gear credits). so, $4-500.

Am I correct, it seems to good to be true?

Best, Robby K 

Music 
Studio
cclarry
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/19 17:19:00 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby robbyk 2017/09/19 17:56:16
Master EQ 432 is a must have....

Grem
Re: T-RackS 5 2017/09/19 17:37:53 (permalink)
robbyk

So for $199 - 99(the shell)= $100

Not following this. Why is $99 getting subtracted?

Grem

Michael

Music PC
Home PC
Surface Pro 3
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 15
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1