T-RackS vs. T-RackS 24

Author
bapu
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86000
2008/05/20 12:56:21 (permalink)

T-RackS vs. T-RackS 24

VST or standalone?
Can anyone tell me why the VST would be more desirable than the standalone if used specifically for masrtering?

FWIW, the T-RackS 24 (standalone) is ~$65 cheaper than T-RackS (VST).

7 Replies Related Threads

harmony gardens
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3490
    RE: T-RackS vs. T-RackS 24 2008/05/20 14:03:21 (permalink)
    The stand alone version can only load and treat pre recorded files, so is only capable of treating a file you load into it. The full version can be inserted on a bus inside of your host. The VST version is quite a bit more versatile

Also, if you hurry, and you buy it now, you can get another free IK plug for T Racks, but I don't think T Racks 24 is eligable for the plug in madness deal.

That deal ends May 31st, but you could pick up any IK product and register it before then, and get the full version of T Racks free, or buy the full T Racks and select Amplitube 2, AT Jimmy Hendrix, Ampeg, or CSR for free. IMHO, one of those options is the way to go. This gives you a two for one deal, if you hurry.

If you have a qualifying IK product, you could get a Crossgrade and get an amazing deal!!

Note, SampleTron and Amplitube Metal are not eligable.

Edit,,, check out http://esoundz.com/

post edited by harmony gardens - 2008/05/20 14:24:35
    bapu
    RE: T-RackS vs. T-RackS 24 2008/05/20 14:21:04 (permalink)
    The VST version is quite a bit more versatile

Can you clarify this. Aside from being able to insert on a buss, what other versatilities does the VST posses over the Standalone.

Also, I am an esoundz member so I would buy from them.
    harmony gardens
    RE: T-RackS vs. T-RackS 24 2008/05/20 14:39:42 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bapu

Can you clarify this. Aside from being able to insert on a buss, what other versatilities does the VST posses over the Standalone.

In stand alone, you would take your mixed track, and insert it into the plug in. It would then render your file with the adjustments you make.

As a VST, you could insert it to say a vocal track by placing it in the effects bin of the track, and another instance on a guitar track through that tracks effects bin, and have yet another instance on the Master Bus to treat the entire mix, and have each instance have it's own settings.

To achieve that with T Racks 24, you would have to export the guitar track, treat that track, and import the track back into your project, then export the vocal track, treat it, and import it back to your project. Then render the mixed file, an insert it into T Racks 24 and treat that file. Then there's the problem of making sure that the audio tracks are in exact alignment in your project.

T Racks 24 is intended as an overall mastering treatment, while the VST version will offer these other abilities.

I just got T Racks, as my selection from the Rare and Vintage GB, so I'm still learning it, but I think you can run the full version as a stand alone, too.

bapu
    RE: T-RackS vs. T-RackS 24 2008/05/20 14:48:24 (permalink)
    Ok that makes sense.

Since I already have Amplitube2, Amplitube SVX and Amplitube Jimi Hendrix as well as the SampleTank Rare and Vintage Collection, if I got the T-RackS plugin all I have left to get from IK would be CSR. Not a bad deal. I'm going to consider it.
    harmony gardens
    RE: T-RackS vs. T-RackS 24 2008/05/20 15:06:47 (permalink)
    Yes, all these are really nice plugs. I have AT 2, CSR and T Racks. I'm tempted to get ATJH and picking up Ampeg, too. Then there's the Drumcore GB,,,

I don't own a guitar ,,, I'm a keyboard guy,,, lol, but I'm a sucker for a great deal.

That Rare and Vintage GB was right up my street!!

All the best to you!!
    bapu
    RE: T-RackS vs. T-RackS 24 2008/05/20 15:24:45 (permalink)
    That Rare and Vintage GB was right up my street!!

OH YEAH!

I also added the two IK Expansion Packs (Rhythym & Symphonic sets), the Squids Tron Vol 1 and the Sonic Capsules Guitar Collection. I'm Considering the Sonic Capsules Drum Collection too.

I also one day want the either Ocean Way Drum package or Superior 2. Given the cost of Ocean Way it may be next year before I do that one. Besides it may go on sale. I already have EZdrummer (Nashville, DFH, Latin Percussion & Claustrophobic) , Jamstix2 Studio Edition and Addictive Drums (with Retro Kit due to arrive soon).

BTW, I just orders T-RackS (plug in). So I will get CSR to round out my plug-in collection.
    Anubis
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1059
    RE: T-RackS vs. T-RackS 24 2008/05/20 22:47:33 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: harmony gardens

ORIGINAL: bapu

In stand alone, you would take your mixed track, and insert it into the plug in. It would then render your file with the adjustments you make.

As a VST, you could insert it to say a vocal track by placing it in the effects bin of the track, and another instance on a guitar track through that tracks effects bin, and have yet another instance on the Master Bus to treat the entire mix, and have each instance have it's own settings.

I just got T Racks, as my selection from the Rare and Vintage GB, so I'm still learning it, but I think you can run the full version as a stand alone, too.

I've also got AT2, ATJH, and ST 2.5 XL, and X-Gear so I think I'm gonna get TRacks as my freebie also. The demo just timed out yesterday but I was able to play around with it enough to appreciate it a bit more than I did in the past.
    TRacks true versatility also stems from the fact that you can use each of the components independently from each other. So you can insert the limiter here, the compressor on that bus, or the EQ on that one over there. Each of the separate parts have their own presets as well as presets for the whole combo. I don't think Ozone let's you split each individual component part like that.

X2Studio_Win7(64)_SamsungChronos_QuNexus_QuNeo_Axiom25_Saffire24Pro_Saffire6USB_EdirolPCR300_Nocturn
    Amplitubes_AmpegSVX_StylusRMX_SampleTank/Tron_Komplete7_AddictiveDrums_TRacks3_Wavelab6
    miTunes
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1