"Take It All" - Final mixes on new album - mix #1

Author
batsbrew
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10037
2017/06/17 20:37:01 (permalink)

"Take It All" - Final mixes on new album - mix #1

https://soundcloud.com/bats-brew/take-it-all-mix-1
i've got 10 songs almost finished for a new album release.
any suggestions on final tweaks, eq issues, translation issues, etc, are appreciated.
this is mix #1 of this song.
i'll only leave these up a few days each.
git gear on this session:

Bats Brew music Streaming
Bats Brew albums:
"Trouble"
"Stay"
"The Time is Magic"
--
Sonar 6 PE>Bandlab Cakewalk>Studio One 3.5>RME BFP>i7-7700 3.6GHz>MSI B250M>G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB>Samsung 960 EVO m.2ssd>W 10 Pro

8 Replies Related Threads

jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    Re: "Take It All" - Final mixes on new album - mix #1 2017/06/18 13:47:11 (permalink)
    What a great track! Putting the mix aside for a sec, one of the things I love about your stuff is that you never over-play riffs or motifs, they're always evolving and morphing.

It's a fine mix Rob, if you wanted me to be ultra-nit picky, a couple of the tom rolls were a hair loud, and the snare could have a little more crack..but really, it's just fine as it is.

Superb stuff. Put me down for an album.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    Serious_Noize!
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 950
    Re: "Take It All" - Final mixes on new album - mix #1 2017/06/18 23:45:53 (permalink)
    WOW MAN!!!!!!! I mean SIMPLY WOW!!!!!!! Your MIX is no doubt PRO!!!!!! 

As with a lot of musicians who are heard by others, they say : "You really are gifted and need to do something with your gift". 

To that I must say, you have it all, where gifts go! You are no doubt the best Led Zep influenced artist I have ever heard! And when I say that I mean "INFLUENCED"!

I would really like to know how you bury the vocals so perfectly in the mix to where they can still be heard. 
    I'm sure the expert ears can speculate, but I am thinking you add some compression to your vocals? 

LOL!!! Reason I'm speculating is because I LIKE WHAT I AM HEARING!!! Mix idea's aside, you are really one talented person. I don't listen to the radio at all, I stopped that a long time ago when music became A BRAND. If more people like you were to get on the radio I would start listening again and that's what I am trying to say. 

I guess my jibberish will end up sounding insulting, I hope you don't think that. I'm just saying I thought it sound really great to my ears and would like to hear more. 

If you ever at anytime want to work on a collaboration with an old 80's guitarist let me know and I'll try to keep up even though I can't run that fast anymore, I do still have a bit of bluesy soul left. 

Enjoyed hearing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobby

Dell XPS 8700, 16GB's Ram, Sonar Platinum.
    String Jammer
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 487
    Re: "Take It All" - Final mixes on new album - mix #1 2017/06/19 10:47:22 (permalink)
    Once again, you nailed it!
    philz
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2462
    Re: "Take It All" - Final mixes on new album - mix #1 2017/06/19 15:05:27 (permalink)
    I don't know, Rob, sounded pretty damn good to me on my little speakers (no small feat... it's tough for  high powered tunes to sound good on them).  Personally, I'd like to hear just a bit more of the vocal, but it seems I'm always telling you that .  Loved the tune BTW.
    Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re: "Take It All" - Final mixes on new album - mix #1 2017/06/19 17:00:17 (permalink)
    Classic Bat, what can I say, err classic Bat   
    The mix sounds fine and on the nail here Bat.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    Voda La Void
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 723
    Re: "Take It All" - Final mixes on new album - mix #1 2017/06/19 17:43:53 (permalink)
    Listened on small speakers too, here at work.  Mix sounds pretty good here other than I never actually heard the bass.  Being a drummer...turn up the drums man!  Just kidding, they sound about right too.    

Voda La Void...experiments in disturbing frequencies...
    batsbrew
    Re: "Take It All" - Final mixes on new album - mix #1 2017/06/19 18:10:30 (permalink)
    jamesg1213
    What a great track! Putting the mix aside for a sec, one of the things I love about your stuff is that you never over-play riffs or motifs, they're always evolving and morphing.

It's a fine mix Rob, if you wanted me to be ultra-nit picky, a couple of the tom rolls were a hair loud, and the snare could have a little more crack..but really, it's just fine as it is.

Superb stuff. Put me down for an album.

hey james, thanks for the mix comments...
    yes, this is not a 'deep mix', i've gotta get those details like you suggest...
    toms are too loud! LOL
    and the snare, i'm still playing with the EQ, but it's close.
    new album will be called "TROUBLE"

Serious_Noize!
    WOW MAN!!!!!!! I mean SIMPLY WOW!!!!!!! Your MIX is no doubt PRO!!!!!!

As with a lot of musicians who are heard by others, they say : "You really are gifted and need to do something with your gift".

To that I must say, you have it all, where gifts go! You are no doubt the best Led Zep influenced artist I have ever heard! And when I say that I mean "INFLUENCED"!

I would really like to know how you bury the vocals so perfectly in the mix to where they can still be heard.
    I'm sure the expert ears can speculate, but I am thinking you add some compression to your vocals?

LOL!!! Reason I'm speculating is because I LIKE WHAT I AM HEARING!!! Mix idea's aside, you are really one talented person. I don't listen to the radio at all, I stopped that a long time ago when music became A BRAND. If more people like you were to get on the radio I would start listening again and that's what I am trying to say.

I guess my jibberish will end up sounding insulting, I hope you don't think that. I'm just saying I thought it sound really great to my ears and would like to hear more.

If you ever at anytime want to work on a collaboration with an old 80's guitarist let me know and I'll try to keep up even though I can't run that fast anymore, I do still have a bit of bluesy soul left.

Enjoyed hearing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobby

hey bobby!
    thanks for the enthusiastic support,
    tho i think it's not 'all that'.
    heheh

String Jammer
    Once again, you nailed it!

i appreciate that jammer....
    this will be a collection of all new mixes and new performances, except for the drums, which will stay just like they are!

Bats Brew albums:
    "Trouble"
    "Stay"
    "The Time is Magic"
    --
    Sonar 6 PE>Bandlab Cakewalk>Studio One 3.5>RME BFP>i7-7700 3.6GHz>MSI B250M>G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB>Samsung 960 EVO m.2ssd>W 10 Pro

batsbrew
    Re: "Take It All" - Final mixes on new album - mix #1 2017/06/20 14:25:51 (permalink)
    philz
    I don't know, Rob, sounded pretty damn good to me on my little speakers (no small feat... it's tough for high powered tunes to sound good on them). Personally, I'd like to hear just a bit more of the vocal, but it seems I'm always telling you that . Loved the tune BTW.

hey philz,
    more vox, check.
    i'm still playing with ideas about the vox fx, and that seems to be either tucking them in, or standing them out..

Wookiee
    Classic Bat, what can I say, err classic Bat
    The mix sounds fine and on the nail here Bat.

thanks furry friend, at least that helps me know i'm close,
    i wont tweak anything out of hand.

Voda La Void
    Listened on small speakers too, here at work. Mix sounds pretty good here other than I never actually heard the bass. Being a drummer...turn up the drums man! Just kidding, they sound about right too.

hey voda, thanks for the critique.
    there's TONS of bass... so i gotta figure out where the translation issue is... thanks for that!

Bats Brew albums:
    "Trouble"
    "Stay"
    "The Time is Magic"
    --

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1