Helpful ReplyTeething Trouble with Guitar Tracks Pro and Guitar Rig LE.

Author
SkyMonkey
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20
2012/03/21 10:17:13 (permalink)

Teething Trouble with Guitar Tracks Pro and Guitar Rig LE.

Hello  I am a complete newb at the DAW thing and am getting off to a very discouraging start.  Story so far; I have a new PC running W7 64bit. I have used Boss BR recorders in the past but have decided to go down the DAW route. I am a guitarist but I want to try some MIDI also. Decided to go with Cakewalk, start off simple with Guitar Tracks Pro 4 USB (Duo Capture). Installed everything on the disk including Guitar rig LE. Installed updates for both GTP and GR. GTP is running version 4.0.5.6 and GR is running 3.2.1.004x64.  Firstly I tried to get some sounds out of Guitar Rig using the Duo Capture. All the metering bars on the screen show signal is going in but nothing is coming out of the stereo i have hooked up to the Sound Card. Tried all sorts of audio configurations and still nothing. So moved on to Guitar Tracks Pro itself. I tried running my Boss GT-10 into the sound card using the SPDIF socket and get the same story.  I am sure that, as a complete novice, I have missed some simple steps, but the instructions don't help. Can someone give some advice.  System:   i7 2700K on Gigabyte X68 Motherboard.   16 GB DDR 3 1600 MHz RAM.   System HDD 1TB, Data HDD 3TB (both 7200 rpm).   GT 520 GPU.   Asus D2X sound card.  Windows 7 64 bit. 
SkyMonkey
Re:Teething Trouble with Guitar Tracks Pro and Guitar Rig LE. 2012/03/21 10:38:52 (permalink)
OK

Managed to get sound from Guitar Rig, but only out of the headphones on the Duo capture. Still cannot get signal into GTP4.

RobertB
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11256
Re:Teething Trouble with Guitar Tracks Pro and Guitar Rig LE. 2012/03/21 22:09:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
Are you saying you have the stereo input connected to your Asus sound card output?
If so, that won't work if you are using the ASIO driver for the Duo-capture.
ASIO allows only one sound card/interface to be in use.
The Duo-capture is not just an input device, it is a sound card/interface.
You need to connect the stereo input to the 1/8" Line Out (not the 1/4" headphone out) of the Duo-capture.
You will most likely need an 1/8" stereo x 2 RCA adapter to do this.
In GTP, make sure the Duo is set as both recording and playback timing master in Options>Audio.
If you have ASIO selected, the Duo should be the only device available.
Set your bit depth to 24, and your sample rate to 44,100.
That should get you going, but let us know if you get stuck.

My Soundclick Page
SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
SkyMonkey
Re:Teething Trouble with Guitar Tracks Pro and Guitar Rig LE. 2012/03/22 08:29:05 (permalink)
Cheers for the reply RobertB.
I think I am sorted in Guitar Rig 3 for the mo but things are getting worse in GTP4. Now I can't get any sound out either. Tried the audio settings as you recommended. First in MME (32 bit) driver mode, Duo Capture set as Record and Playback device, No Sound, line out or h/phones. 
Cannot use Duo Capture in ASIO driver mode as the option to select it is not there.
In WDM/KS driver mode the out from the duo capture gets an error stating that: The following driver(s) either do not support the current audio format, or are in use by another application.
In WASAPI driver mode it is the same story as MME driver mode.
I am thinking that i should probably remove and re install the sound card as at the moment I cannot get windows media player to out put through the sound card outputs and the D2X Audio Center is showing no life,  though all the lights are on and it is being recognized.
So as it stands all available audio is coming through the Duo Capture and nothing through the D2X.
I will post results of the card re install.
SkyMonkey
Re:Teething Trouble with Guitar Tracks Pro and Guitar Rig LE. 2012/03/22 09:26:12 (permalink)
OK
The sound card re install was a bit scary. When I restarted the PC I got nothing for a couple of minutes, just a black screen, so I restarted again after rechecking all the connections inside the case. Still a black screen but with a cursor after a row of dots the black again. So I decided to remove the USB from the Duo Capture and the windows loading screen appeared (coincidence?). Windows loaded fine and all seems to be working in WASAPI driver mode.
But now I have just changed some of the audio GTP audio settings and it has all gone wrong again!
I am going to reset to WASAPI driver and restart the PC without the Duo connected. 
Will post after restart.

SkyMonkey
Re:Teething Trouble with Guitar Tracks Pro and Guitar Rig LE. 2012/03/22 10:28:54 (permalink)
Right. This is getting very annoying. Boot time has shot up to 4:20 minutes for a start. The sound options seem to be very unstable. Guitar Rig works just fine no matter what else I am running. I have got GTP working at the minute, but only in WASAPI driver mode. It works through the speakers or through the Duo with GR coming through the Duo only in both settings but WM player wont work with GTP running. All other Driver Modes don't work with the exception of MME which runs slow and sounds terrible (very clipped). If I shut down GTP the the media player works again but it comes through the Duo and guitar rig is the same. Not sure yet if I can get Guitar rig to work through the speakers, the audio settings don't allow for speaker playback as far as I can tell.
So that is where I am at the mo. But not sure how the WASAPI driver mode will affect how GTP works, what is WASAPI?
Anyway on the plus side, re started GTP and it still works.
Now going to try a reboot and see what happens.

SkyMonkey
Re:Teething Trouble with Guitar Tracks Pro and Guitar Rig LE. 2012/03/23 09:30:48 (permalink)
All seems OK now.

Fingers crossed. Here we go!
RobertB
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11256
Re:Teething Trouble with Guitar Tracks Pro and Guitar Rig LE. 2012/03/23 22:44:13 (permalink)
Good to see that.
Sorry I didn't get back to you. I got tied up in my day job.
What configuration did you end up with?
It may be helpful to others using the GTP/USB package.

My Soundclick Page
SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1