"Telephone" Vocal

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Glennb
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 313
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/22 20:21:04 (permalink)
We are all hear to learn.

Obviously we are not worthy to learn from you, but if it is all the same with you, we'll struggle on.

Glenn
post edited by Glennb - 2008/10/22 20:26:42

Glenn in Aus
SHSXL6 on laptop with Intel i5 CPU M480 @ 2.67 GHZ 2.67GHz 4G RAM (2.86 usable?) 32Bit operating system on Windows 7 -> Presonus USB Audiobox.
Spaceduck
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2499
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/22 20:33:04 (permalink)
How bizarre. I've seen tempers flare on this forum due to politics, religion, song bashing and mother bashing. But this is the first time I've seen someone get bent out of shape because people are answering the OP's question too thoroughly.

ORIGINAL: JV
make rude comments when an OLD SCHOOL person, who ALSO KNOWS NEW SCHOOL, says things like I have, and degrate me, is beyound me.......UNTIL.......I realized that some people just buy big things because they have the $ or EGO, and will feel they can cut your attitude down, because of the way one replies.

JV hold on there pard'ner. I think you're confusing this with some other thread. "Rude comments", degrading you, cutting you down, egos, and what's all this jazz about criticizing your spelling? Evidently someone deserves your wrath, but it's not us!
post edited by Spaceduck - 2008/10/22 21:26:33

Spaceduck music [HERE]
Spaceduck videos [HERE]
JV
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 476
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/22 21:59:19 (permalink)
Oh my friend, it most certainly IS.
This is exactly where you ask these qusetions!!!!!!!!!!! Ah young Luke, (or whatever), it is the ANSWERS THAT GOT ME GOAT BROHAM!. Not the question!
Please RE read not just this posting but ALL my postings. You will see the "Professionalism" is the focus. I would answer or ask ALL of you, AND HAVE, my questions. It was the "current" posture that the "answerers" were pointed to, THEN those 4 lame answers. YES.....go ahead and get pissed off at me and call me names........I'm fine with that. Then answer the question "about the phone" issue in a WAY THAT RELATES TO SONAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't start telling a "Newbee" where to go OUTSIDE the SONAR FORUM (SONAR PRODUCTS) telling them where to buy or GET FOR FREE something that he/she could have done YEARS ago with ALL of Cakewalks' offerings. AND YES.......I "HAVE" been commented about my bad spelling in the past. By ones that had no position except to spouut their non pro jabber!!! More than once. I do not have the time to "pre' write my comments in MS Word before hand, But am concerned with looking uneducated via my "in a hurry" writings. I recieved comments from other Sonar PRO users that more than just agree with mne. They wrote me.
NOW.......RELAX!!!!!!!!!!! I mean really relax and look back. This (forum) is to help people use SONAR and their products..........not a help line for lazy, money to spend braggers, "I'm an engineer" wanabees. You can BECOME a real engineer if you use Sonar products. You are NOT ONE just because you BUY the products. Please answer the serious questions as they relate to Soner. Please. That's all I ask.
Cake has been very nice to me over the years and when I had the oppertunity to sell their products, I did so with vigor. It "IS" finnaly, a true "in the arena" contender.
Keep the Q's related to SoNAR AS THE ANSWER..............OR GO TO "ask.com".
I rest my winded and unapreatiated case. Misspellings this time on porpous.
JV............now go record something DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Send us your results. We would love to hear/help. AMF (audios my friend)
Cakewalk/Sonar not affiliated with the above remarks.

JV
"You can't soar with Eagles when you're flyin with Buzzards"
Spaceduck
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2499
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/22 22:08:12 (permalink)
Well, I think you just proved my point. This is not the Sonar forum. This is "General > Techniques". That means everything from Pyro to Music Creator to Guitar Tracks. And no one in this thread has insulted you, your spelling or knowledge. So really, man, go find the thread that you're talking about and rant there. Best of luck with that.

Spaceduck music [HERE]
Spaceduck videos [HERE]
JV
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/23 00:01:31 (permalink)
WHAT???????
Take a hike pal.
WHat did you write? I got news for you! I most certainly posted ALL of my comments in the PRO AUDIO FORUM!! If some how they were moved to another forum....CAKE has a problem with ME. I NEVER EVER posted and NEVER WOULD POST a comment in the GENERAL area. I guess a look at how my posting came about is in order. TRULEY! I would never have done that. I posted in the Pro audio PRODUCER forum, ONLY and EVER. If this came to GENERAL...............# 1........ I am sorry.............#2......someone did #2 on my post LOL.Really! I mean it. I never would have posted an opinion THAT STRONG in a GENERAL forum. I would have still offered him to send me the file to fix, but ........... I only answer to the SONAR PRODUCER FORUM PERIOD. Something shifted my emails or something. This was NEVER written as a post to "GENERAL". I didn't even know there was a general area.
Damn. Some one from headquaters fill me in....headquaters??? OK, well someone tell me what the hell happened when all I have EVER posted, really ever, was in Sonar Producer Forum.
Hey SpaceDuck, looks like you have time on your hands, see where I messed up, writing to general instead of the producer area.
Maybe the "return" emails get catagorized wrong or something. TRUST ME..... if it was in the GENERAL posting, I would NEVER have taken that posture.
JOHN VOLK SAN DIEGO CA.
Fretlessjv@cox.net. Later, boys.

JV
dwardzala
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1470
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/23 15:49:26 (permalink)
JV, take a deep breath.

OK - you are in fact posting in the All Forums >> [General] >> Techniques >> RE: "Telephone" Vocal thread. (I copied it directly from the header. This thread has always resided in this forum.)

This is NOT a sonar forum and in fact many of the people here do not use sonar, but use other Cakewalk products.

Dave
Main Studio- Core i5 @2.67GHz, 16Gb Ram, (2) 500Gb HDs, (1) 360 Gb HD
MotU Ultralite AVB, Axiom 49 Midi Controller, Akai MPD18 Midi Controller
Win10 x64 Home
Sonar 2017.06 Platinum (and X3e, X2c, X1d)

Mobile Studio - Sager NP8677 (i7-6700HQ @2.67MHz, 16G Ram, 250G SSD, 1T HD)
M-Box Mini v. 2
Win 10 x64 Home
Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

Check out my original music:
https://soundcloud.com/d-wardzala/sets/d-wardzala-original-music

JV
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/23 17:14:00 (permalink)
OK ...............I'm still the same.......... Another breath.........nope, same guy.
OK now here is what happened. I NEVER post there. Only in the Pro Sonar section. I have had problems ever since I loaded then DUMPED Serve Pach 3 XP PRO. I apparently "replied" to an indivdiual instead of the main topic. Therefor, I thought it was where it should be. If I posed in GENERAL, I would have had a COMPLETELY different position, I would have given him 3 easy sure ways to do it. My issues with the remnants of SP3 still haunt me. I'm going to have to dump everything and clean house in XP. Bill Gates really gets me anymore! SP3 has KNOWN issues that are NOT fixed yet, and Vista has a very bad rap. I have to have IBM also, due to what people/programs I work with.
SO all is well. Yep, I'll have to look at the sequence of the threads/posts. Thanks for taking the time to check that out.
Glad that's over. Scheesh

JV
Buddy110
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 256
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/24 00:05:00 (permalink)
hey JV if you're contemplating a regression from XP SP3, may I suggest RyanVM's update site, which brings SP2 up to par with SP3 and better, less the bugs. (he weeds out the crap)
JV
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/24 00:23:23 (permalink)
Buddy110,
What's this you say????
XP fix from NON MS ? adjustments to SP2/3?
I gots ta look into it.
Will do!
I thank you in advance......I hope.... No Lol....yet JV

JV
Buddy110
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/24 08:14:10 (permalink)
its highly recommended (and above board) with input from at least a dozen MSFN members. I slip-streamed SP2 over my original windows xp cd and have been using Ryans updates for the past 3-4 years to make my updated windows xp cd-rw. not one prob!

also another good site for setting up your services is Charles Sparks "blackviper" site (great for turning off all the useless stuff that we audio guys don't need on our dedicated machines) and saving them as "audio_dedicated" (or whatever) and also reverting back to the standard windows setup at any time. I've used his vista services page and haven't had 1 prob with the OS since. Again all above board!

I better stop going OT on the OP's thread...but thought it might come in handy for some people.
JV
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/24 16:09:56 (permalink)
I am always worried about some of the registry cleaners. There was just a report that some "plant" issues durring the free scan then convince you to buy it. Now if you have real experience with it, and like it well enough for this application then I may get the darn thing. I'll check out all you write. This is fine to post this stuff if it helps the Sonar users and Cakewalk doesn't offer any. Hey, there's an idea........"Hey Cakewalk....how about something like that from Sonar?".
Thanks Buddy,
JV

JV
Buddy110
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/24 16:46:21 (permalink)
"registry cleaners" ? none mentioned. these are all 100% free from dedicated people.
as far as reg cleaners for pc...ccleaner is one of the best and FREE.
JV
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/24 17:17:34 (permalink)
YEP!! Sure as anything. The free version only cleans a few of the several hundred.. I was all excited then clicked on your given site and there it was. I actually had just removed CCleaner because they wanted Money.
OK now, if ya got a second, here is the site I clicked on from YOUR email. I'm not disagreeing with you, just show me where I'm supposed to go on his site. I'm more studio tech than IT.
http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/updatepack-sp2.html
I clicked and immediately saved to Favoites. Tell me what I did wrong because there is A TON of stuff there and you sound like you got that together.
I do thank you. Maybe I clicked on the wrong link from Ryan.I KNOW it is what you gave me, otherwise I could never have known of the above. Sure appreatiate your help. Anytime you want some killer bass tracks added to your projects and what you have ain't getting it, let me know I play a fretless and a 5 string, all styles. 30+ years of studio and touring. I'm using Sonar 6 for audio and Vegas 7 for video. That Vegas is about as easy and good working as you can get. You know Soanr and in 2 days you'll have 80% of video editing down.
Thanks again. JV

JV
spindlebox
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2645
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/24 19:03:24 (permalink)
I still say Spaceman is FUN. EQ can be so B O R I N G
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/2083.html

Blast off my bruthuh!!!!

Buddy110
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/24 21:31:16 (permalink)
again, sorry to the OP for the off-topic disussion...

first up ccleaner is definately 100% free and 100% functional, you can donate IF you wanted to.......... or better again get it from FileHippo (great bookmark that...highly recommended for general drivers, etc)...be carefull of scam sites out there! thats where the HOSTS file is your friend! (1st thing i install on my general/internet PC after the operating system)

back to RyanVM's site:
at the bottom it says "Post-SP2 Update Pack 2.2.3" download that. but it does mean slipstreaming with nLite. its really straight forward, but "if" your not an IT-ish kinda dude, there is an autopatcher that updates what you already have installed. but i've always used the updates from ryans site and slipstreamed myself.

thanks about the bass offer JV, might take you up on that sometime soon. i love fretless bass. I'll PM you.
Buddy110
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/25 00:23:32 (permalink)
Back on track of Telephone effects, izotope's FREE "Vinyl" has a good preset called "elvis would be proud"...just pull down the dust/scratch.

I've been playing around with the Sonitus Equalizer as Philip mentioned earlier. nice stuff...straight out of the bag!

EDIT: has anyone tried clicking on the screws in vinyl....lol love those kinda gags!
post edited by Buddy110 - 2008/10/25 00:30:16
spindlebox
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2645
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/25 05:01:11 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Buddy110

Back on track of Telephone effects, izotope's FREE "Vinyl" has a good preset called "elvis would be proud"...just pull down the dust/scratch.

I've been playing around with the Sonitus Equalizer as Philip mentioned earlier. nice stuff...straight out of the bag!

EDIT: has anyone tried clicking on the screws in vinyl....lol love those kinda gags!

+1 on the Izotope Vinyl, that's a fun one too! Yeah, the screws are fun.

The only difference between the "Elvis" effect and the Spaceman I mentioned, is that the Spaceman effect is very quiet (no pops and crackles), and there is a Squelch setting on the spaceman you can turn down all the way. Like when you stop talking on the radio that static just before you say:

10-4 good buddy!!!!

ralphwiggum
  • Total Posts : 295
RE: "Telephone" Vocal 2008/10/25 10:50:58 (permalink)
Once again I'd like to thank all of people who answered my question about "telephone vocals". Based on all of your advice, I have finished recording the song/vocal (using EQ) and have moved on to something new. Honestly, I never thought that my simple question would create such an uproar. After all, isn't that what this forum is all about? People who are not "experts" ask questions, other people who are more experienced answer them. The only stupid question is the one not asked.

Spaceduck, I'm hoping that one day you can show me that trick were all the vocals are in one ear.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1