Tempo Changes and Fade Outs

Author
guitartom
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 26
2006/06/26 16:09:01 (permalink)

Tempo Changes and Fade Outs

Hello! Just two questions conerning MC2:

1) After listening to my final mix of my song, containing about 8 tracks, I decide that I think the tempo should be increased a little bit. How can I do that? Can I do that?

2) After listening to my final mix of my song, containing about 8 tracks, I decide that I don't like the ending and I want to do a "fade out". I've tried the "triangle" thingy at the end of each track, but it doesn't fade out the song totally, it just sort of gets a little lower but never fades out to black. Any ideas?

Thank you!!

4 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Tempo Changes and Fade Outs 2006/06/26 17:31:22 (permalink)
    easy answers for you!
    1) the tempo can be changed ONLY if you have a song with NO AUDIO - MIDI ONLY. if you create a song with a certain tempo and record audio to that tempo, you can't change without re-recording it. You could try some time stretch plugins, but for the whole song, you're not going to be pleased with the outcome.

2) You can either:
    A) chop the end of the song off by right clicking and select "split", then delete the part you don't want
    B) use a volume envelope and drop the volume to -INF at the place you want silence in your track. right click any where on the track (in track view) and select ENVELOPES>CREATE TRACK ENVELOPE>VOLUME - add NODES by right clicking where you want them, or just double click on that area.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Tempo Changes and Fade Outs 2006/06/26 18:09:24 (permalink)
    Sure for the tempo thing, if it is audio you need to work in a good audio editor like gold wave or sound forge. Just remember it is difficult to tempo or time stretch audio with out gaining artifacts or distortions.Another option is to work with a program like Acid Pro it does a decent job of time stretching.

Next for fades these too, are best done in a finished mixed down wave file, in a dedicated wave editor, it an be done in Mc if you mix it down then use a volume envelope.

Earlier you mentioned on another post, about panning to fight bleeding issues. i suggest solving that another way, get setup right and only pan secondary instruments, primaries like drums and bass that are cornerstones of the mix seem better suited to the middle of the spectrum

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    guitartom
    RE: Tempo Changes and Fade Outs 2006/06/26 20:02:23 (permalink)
    Robomusic and Beagle, thank you again. I did record all my tracks in Audio, so I guess changing the tempo is not going to happen, especially since I have no clue about working with time stretchers or wave editors. That's ok though, one day I'll get there.

As for the fade outs, I'll give it a try using the envelope functions and see how it works.

Cheers.
    guitartom
    RE: Tempo Changes and Fade Outs 2006/06/26 21:54:43 (permalink)
    Robomusic and Beagle, I've just discovered that my sound card, an Audigy 4 Sound Blaster, has what's called an EAX Console. This console has a "Time Scaling" feature which enables me to speed up the tempo of my finished MP3 project! It's pretty amazing what you can find when you go and search for things. Now, I just have to try and figure out how the heck to burn a CD from this console.
    post edited by guitartom - 2006/06/26 22:04:49
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1