Tempo decrease causing glitching

Author
SiTheMon
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 135
2017/11/13 23:49:46 (permalink)

Tempo decrease causing glitching

Hi everybody

Ive been doing a a piano piece with some ambience created by Heavyocity's Gravity.
When I begin a slowing down section ,created by doing an insert of series of tempos in splat, Im getting glitching as it slows down (crackles and pops). I have found the culprit to be a delay thats on the patch Ive made so I disabled it and added another delay (Outputs Movement). Low and behold it does the exact same thing.

Ive even tried freezing the synth but it still adds the crackles and pops.

I am new to inserting a series of tempo changes so I wondered if Im doing something wrong or havent got the correct settings somewhere.

Has anyone else had experience of this?

Cheers
Si

Its nice to be important but its more important to be NICE :-)

4 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Tempo decrease causing glitching 2017/11/14 04:12:31 (permalink)
    SiTheMon
    Re: Tempo decrease causing glitching 2017/11/14 09:29:13 (permalink)
    Oh thanks scook!!

planetearth
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 763
    Re: Tempo decrease causing glitching 2017/11/15 06:42:17 (permalink)
    If the patch you're using has time-based effects on it (such as delay or reverb) and those effects are tied to the tempo of your track, you can have problems like this. As you've seen, it also happens with "external" delays. The problem is because the delay is being re-calculated on the fly.

How quickly does your tempo change? Is it every quarter-note for one measure, or every sixteenth-note for two measures, or what? You could try having the tempo change less often (say, only twice in a measure), and that will lighten the load on your CPU. Otherwise, you could try just setting the delay manually (using a tempo/delay calculator, for example), and see if that works better on your system.

Steve

SONAR Platinum ▪ NI Komplete, Korg DLC, Arturia V5 Collection, Dimension Pro, IK Multimedia & other synths ▪ Les Paul, Peavey and Yamaha guitars. Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife . Comments from other SONAR users are always welcome!
    SiTheMon
    Re: Tempo decrease causing glitching 2017/11/15 16:26:48 (permalink)
    Hi Steve

It was over 2 bars and changed ever 1/4 note (i was trying to make it sound more human as I played like an over wound robotic metronome )

Thanks for the tips. Ive never messed with the series of tempos function before, but Ive got some work arounds to have a go at now.

Thanks for your help.

Si

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1