Thanks for All the Love (a heartfelt comment to the Song Forum)

Author
Jesse Screed
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1158
2018/03/22 22:45:28 (permalink)

Thanks for All the Love (a heartfelt comment to the Song Forum)

Hello All, I'm not sure how all this bandlab stuff is going to go down.  I imagine this song forum will eventually be phased out. So I just wanted to say thanks for all the Love from the great members of this and the other Forums. 

This was a great place for me, and I really enjoyed posting "songs."  I appreciated all the wonderful comments I received over the years.  I apologize for not commenting more myself, but I sure did hear a lot of great tunes by everyone.

Hopefully we will meet again somewhere down the road.  I will explore the bandlab and see how it works for me.

It is kind of sad, but change is good, it challenges me to grow.  The worst part is I was just about to get my post count up over 1000; I suppose that's all for naught now, I'll never catch Bapu.

Peace and well wishes to all of you!!  May we meet again!!

Jesse Q. Screed

6 Replies Related Threads

Wayfarer
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 831
    Re: Thanks for All the Love (a heartfelt comment to the Song Forum) 2018/03/22 23:55:52 (permalink)
    I've got a feeling this forum will stay up, but I feel the sentiment. At this point I've got a few hundred YouTube subscribers and their thumbs up / down is more accurate gauge of how I'm doing anyway. What I like about this forum is that I can post a vocal tune once in a while if I've a mind to without getting beat-up on too much. For a guy who's primarily an instrumentalist and who's never had much of a voice, that's nice to be able to do.

Cheers.
    emeraldsoul
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1858
    Re: Thanks for All the Love (a heartfelt comment to the Song Forum) 2018/03/23 04:50:12 (permalink)
    Where's Jqs  going? That sounds like he's going to a farm upstate.

A work in regress:
    www.studiusinterruptus.com

Cornbread - video   audio
    A Very, Very Troubled Soul - video   
    Kilometers Davis - video   audio
    Mayans (Face in the Crowd) - video  audio
    The Sweet Slow Fade - video
    daryl1968
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10984
    Re: Thanks for All the Love (a heartfelt comment to the Song Forum) 2018/03/23 11:03:10 (permalink)
    Agreed
    Jesse Screed
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1158
    Re: Thanks for All the Love (a heartfelt comment to the Song Forum) 2018/03/23 11:29:07 (permalink)
    emeraldsoul

I didn't want this to sound like one of those "woe is me, the world is crumbling," posts (I hate those.)

I just wanted to share my feelings in case something does happen.  I'll still be around, and hopefully the Song Forum will outlast us all, but in the event that it doesn't, or I don't, or we don't, now you know how I feel.

Plus, I am entering that time of year when I spend less time at the desk, and more time performing what not.  So again, to the three or four of my #1 fans, I say see the original post.

I know it really doesn't matter, but that is just the way I roll.

Now off to the farm upstate!

jqs
    emeraldsoul
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1858
    Re: Thanks for All the Love (a heartfelt comment to the Song Forum) 2018/03/25 05:24:05 (permalink)
    Jesse Screed
    emeraldsoul

Plus, I am entering that time of year when I spend less time at the desk, and more time performing what not.  

Ah, so you're an accountant then. 😁
    Hope all is well.

A work in regress:
    www.studiusinterruptus.com

Cornbread - video   audio
    A Very, Very Troubled Soul - video   
    Kilometers Davis - video   audio
    Mayans (Face in the Crowd) - video  audio
    The Sweet Slow Fade - video
    Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re: Thanks for All the Love (a heartfelt comment to the Song Forum) 2018/03/25 13:37:49 (permalink)
    Jesse, posting on Bandlab seems very similar in so much as you can just upload a song.  You do not have to make it available for others to do anything with unless you want to.  You also do not have to use their current app to create a tune.  As much as I do not comment on your stuff, I frequently listen I just do not know what to say, so post over there and I will keep listening can not guarantee I will comment though

One plus point your followers do get a notice when you do post something new.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1