That Day On Calvary- Final Remix

Author
theguitarplayer
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3523
2007/08/07 18:32:43 (permalink)

That Day On Calvary- Final Remix

I have completely redone my Trilogy songs and posting them seperate so its not so long and so you can hear the seperate original songs. I will also redo the Trilogy Unto The Lord song itself once I have the three songs complete (DONE). In each piece there is a heavy bass drum beat that depicts His heart beat for the moment of each song. This one is His cucifixtion moments. Feel the nails being driven in to His hands and feet. Feel the cross being lifted up and dropping down into the ground with a thud. Feel the pain and suffering. Feel the spear piercing His side and the blood and water oozing out. Feel the moment. You are standing 10 feet in front of Him in all His glory and humiliation. Hope you feel this one and enjoy it for what I made it to be.

Song is on my SoundClick site- That Day On Calvary - click link below>
post edited by theguitarplayer - 2007/08/08 19:48:25

Sonar X3 Studio, Acid Pro 7, Sound Forge Pro 9, Sonicfire Pro 5, Kinetic 2, Cinescore, HP Pavilion dv7, CORE i7, Q-740, 8gb Ram, Windows 7- 64 bit, 4 tb mem , Audiobox USB, Digitech GNX4, Gibson SG1 & SG3, Martin J65M, Washburn Custom Cumberland, 3 Marshall Amps, Casio 365 Keyboard, M-Audio Axiom AIR Mini 32,  Behringer Truth Monitors, Garritan Aria, EWQLCC, Alloy 2, Ozone 6, Melodyne 

http://www.soundclick.com/JohnRKennedy

10 Replies Related Threads

theguitarplayer
    RE: That Day On Calvary- Final Remix 2007/08/08 22:22:05 (permalink)
    Just added some VST Clean Comp to this and it sounds cleaner. Check it out. Comments Please.

Sonar X3 Studio, Acid Pro 7, Sound Forge Pro 9, Sonicfire Pro 5, Kinetic 2, Cinescore, HP Pavilion dv7, CORE i7, Q-740, 8gb Ram, Windows 7- 64 bit, 4 tb mem , Audiobox USB, Digitech GNX4, Gibson SG1 & SG3, Martin J65M, Washburn Custom Cumberland, 3 Marshall Amps, Casio 365 Keyboard, M-Audio Axiom AIR Mini 32,  Behringer Truth Monitors, Garritan Aria, EWQLCC, Alloy 2, Ozone 6, Melodyne 

mcourter
    Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3442
    RE: That Day On Calvary- Final Remix 2007/08/09 13:45:34 (permalink)
    Rockin' tone, John. Love the guitar tone, and you're playing is very good as well. The only negative is that the lead guitar tends to dominate the sonic scape; drums, bass and rhythm guitar are all too low in the mix.Other than that it's a great song.
    Mark

A few guitars, a couple of basses, a MIDI controller, a mandolin, a banjo, a mic, PodFarm2
    Unbridled Enthusiasm
     My music: www.Soundclick.com/markcourter
    theguitarplayer
    RE: That Day On Calvary- Final Remix 2007/08/09 20:58:28 (permalink)
    Mark, You know, I had thought the same thing about the guitar sound ( this was recorded over a year ago) and what it was the my pick ups weren't properly adjusted. So, I got out the old screwdriver and did some tweaking and it really sounds alot better now, especially the high notes. Simple adjustments can make all the difference in the world. I did try to adjust alot of the bad sounds out the best I could, thats why I say these songs sound alot better than they did when I first posted them. The guitar I used on these songs was my old 1971 Gibson SG1, but the guitar sounds much better now. Next song you will hear the difference.

mcourter
    RE: That Day On Calvary- Final Remix 2007/08/09 21:59:55 (permalink)
    I used to play a buddy's '71 SG a lot, and it's a beauty. I have my '75 Les Paul, and recently made the same adjustment to my pickups. Suddenly it screams! Lots more guts. I love it.
    Keep it up bro.
    Mark

A few guitars, a couple of basses, a MIDI controller, a mandolin, a banjo, a mic, PodFarm2
    Unbridled Enthusiasm
    theguitarplayer
    RE: That Day On Calvary- Final Remix 2007/08/10 00:52:26 (permalink)
    Mark, Yeah, I like the Les Paul too. I have an '89 Les Paul. You can see all my guitars on my MySpace link. I have a nice collection. I love them all. I do however love my SG! probably better than them all for everday playing, but play them all. What kind of amp do you use? I use all Marshall amps. I have 4 of them. Let me know?

theguitarplayer
    RE: That Day On Calvary- Final Remix 2007/08/11 02:21:07 (permalink)
    Just reposted this with some panning, changed the reverb a little and cleaned up the sound a little. Comments please- I want to finish this one. Thanks. John

mcourter
    RE: That Day On Calvary- Final Remix 2007/08/12 19:56:43 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: theguitarplayer
    I use all Marshall amps. I have 4 of them. Let me know?

I have an 30 Yr old Music Man, and a couple of dinky amps. I typically record through my Toneport, but I really like the sound people are getting recording through amps. It's just hard to get the house to myself for that.

Unbridled Enthusiasm
    theguitarplayer
    RE: That Day On Calvary- Final Remix 2007/08/12 21:55:43 (permalink)
    Mark, I know what you mean about getting the house to your self. I live in a condo, so I usually need to get the whole condo (4 plex) to myself. Depending on your dinky amps you should be able to get some good sound out of them with the right guitar processor. You should get one. My GNX4 is awesome. I love it. John

opensky
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 481
    RE: That Day On Calvary- Final Remix 2007/08/13 01:28:25 (permalink)
    That's some nice inspired guitar playing. I love the concept of your message too brother. I would have to say that I do agree with mcourter about the guitar dominating the scene a little. But perhaps that's what you want. One thing I would do however is either get rid of those crashes or subdue them. They seem to be very distracting at times and it feels like it's fighting against the song as a whole.

Steve
    www.soundclick.com/opensky
    www.soundclick.com/open

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy...I was made for another world." CS Lewis
    theguitarplayer
    RE: That Day On Calvary- Final Remix 2007/08/13 20:40:28 (permalink)
    Steve, Thanks for the nice compliment on the guitar playing and the concept. This song had to be powerful to send a message and so it is, cymbals and all. Wind, background thunder, heavy drums the whole nine yards. Read my first post and you'll understand a little better of what I was trying to accomplish with this one. Thanks for listening and posting your views. John

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1