Author
Johnbee58
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 946
2017/10/12 12:00:36 (permalink)

The Loser -Sonar X3 Original

Original jazz/blues.
https://johnbowen.bandcamp.com/track/the-loser

Produced in Sonar X3 and featuring Toontrack EZ Keys and EZ Drummer 2.  Also featured are Native Instruments Vintage Organs (using Hammond B3 here) and Garritan Jazz & Big Band for the horns section.  Debating whether or not I should boost the bass track.

John B

Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitor speakers.  Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings Pro, NI Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Auturia DX7 V, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer.

"I will create music the way I want to whether a million people are listening or no one is listening."   Dan Fogelberg, Singer/Songwriter-1951-2007

2 Replies Related Threads

emeraldsoul
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1858
    Re: The Loser -Sonar X3 Original 2017/10/13 03:14:31 (permalink)
    Absolutely cool piano support, cool groove with the bass, drums sound good as well. Horns come and go and they are well placed. It all has kind of a smokey vibe, nice!

I can't give you much advice on the vocals as I'm not an excellent singer myself, knowing all too well that we just kind of do what we can sometimes. We write the song and heck, someone has to sing it, right? So good on you for getting it out there. But I guess I'm not sure if the style of song (smokey/bluesy) fits your voice or vocal style, which I'm hearing as more of an indie/pop voice. FWIW. YMMV.

cheers,
    -Tom

A work in regress:
    www.studiusinterruptus.com

Cornbread - video   audio
    A Very, Very Troubled Soul - video   
    Kilometers Davis - video   audio
    Mayans (Face in the Crowd) - video  audio
    The Sweet Slow Fade - video
    daryl1968
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10984
    Re: The Loser -Sonar X3 Original 2017/10/18 13:29:59 (permalink)
    Hi John.
    I hope you are well.
    Nice song. Maybe back off the delay/reverb on the vocal a tad - it sounds slightly disjointed from the rest of the track at times. 

Love the bass line and, yes, I think it needs a boost.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1