Author
robby
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5819
2009/03/07 22:02:37 (permalink)

The UFC

Anybody else addicted?

==================
It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

12 Replies Related Threads

CLEAN
    Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2842
    RE: The UFC 2009/03/07 22:29:01 (permalink)
    That's normally Payper View - so I don't get to watch.

But at this minute I'm watching Victor Ortiz vs. Mike Aranatous on HBO - I love to watch the fights.

I can remember listening to Clay vs. Liston when I was a kid - it was on the radio - but man, was that exciting.

THE PUGTONES
    Mark
    robby
    RE: The UFC 2009/03/07 22:34:07 (permalink)
    yeah, it's PPV, I'm watching it, UFC96 is on right now. But if you have cable and get SpikeTV, you can watch the fights, they have a lot of UFC action on Spike.

==================

CLEAN
    RE: The UFC 2009/03/07 22:36:24 (permalink)
    Ortiz just won this one - stopped in the first round.

I hate to say Robby - I do love the violence of UFC. I'm such a mellow person - totally a pacifist - but I love to watch the brutal violence.

THE PUGTONES
    Mark
    robby
    RE: The UFC 2009/03/07 23:00:53 (permalink)
    I am not mellow, I enjoy violence :-) I collect weapons, it is a miracle that I am not in jail "right now". But only violance against those that deserve it... To be clear, not random acts of violence. Or violence against those who don't "have it coming..." But for those who deserve a beat down... I am there for them ;-)

And this is the best blood sport every created. If I was a younger man when this became popular, I would be doing it... And I would have been good at it... I've knocked out more that one or two folks ;-) KaPOW!!! Typcically preceeded by hey, I think that guy is trying to get your attention? That guy! Over there? KaPOW! LOL!

==================

space_cowboy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9813
    RE: The UFC 2009/03/08 00:05:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: robby

I am not mellow, I enjoy violence :-) I collect weapons, it is a miracle that I am not in jail "right now". But only violance against those that deserve it... To be clear, not random acts of violence. Or violence against those who don't "have it coming..." But for those who deserve a beat down... I am there for them ;-)

And this is the best blood sport every created. If I was a younger man when this became popular, I would be doing it... And I would have been good at it... I've knocked out more that one or two folks ;-) KaPOW!!! Typcically preceeded by hey, I think that guy is trying to get your attention? That guy! Over there? KaPOW! LOL!

I collect weapons

Here too. Got about 20 rifles/pistols/shotguns. My go to pistol is my Nighthawk Larry Vickers 1911. My favorite rifle is LMT AR or GA Precision 308. I like skeet/trap/clays and 5 stand - and my beretta silver pigeon 3 is my fav there.

UFC - no though. When one guy has his legs wrapped around another guys waist, it is very gay looking.

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    robby
    RE: The UFC 2009/03/08 00:36:32 (permalink)
    Well, it's all about "you against me" or you agasinst anyone? It's not about sex, it's about "combat", you against me... So if you win? good? If I win? Better... And Odds are? I'll win ;-)

==================

CLEAN
    RE: The UFC 2009/03/08 15:20:12 (permalink)
    I've got my guns - don't plan on ever using them - I can if I need to - was taught to use them in boot camp.

But, I am really a pacifist - was tossed out of the Navy during the Vietnam war as a "Conscientious Objector". I spent my nineteen birthday off the coast of Vietnam - was involved in mining the Tonkin Gulf - was a civilian before I was twenty.

THE PUGTONES
    Mark
    robby
    RE: The UFC 2009/03/08 17:20:48 (permalink)
    Yeah, I shoot paper, I catch bugs and let them outside. Thank you for serving Mark. I didn't know there was gold in the Tonkin Gulf? I hope you had a good claim to mine.

==================

CLEAN
    RE: The UFC 2009/03/08 18:07:20 (permalink)
    Operation Pocket Money

I was stationed on the USS Coral Sea the day this operation happened. I was a plane captain - worked on the flight deck - had my own plane and pilot that I was responsible for. I was in VA-22, an attack squadron flying A-7E Corsair's during that time. We spent nine months on the ship away from our home base of Lemoore, CA. We had twelve planes, 12 pilots - we lost six of our original pilots and planes during that Westpac cruise.

This operation effectively ended the Vietnam War.

THE PUGTONES
    Mark
    CLEAN
    RE: The UFC 2009/03/08 18:24:50 (permalink)
    Wow, I just read that article just now - it affected me in a very unexpected and emotional way - what a day that was - I will never forget it - I was 18 at the time - wouldn't turn nineteen until June - man I thought I was a bad ass at the time - actually I was at the time. It was the experiences that day, and really the entire cruise that made me into the peaceful person I am today.

In the article it mentions Commander Len Giuliani - he was my commander.

A short story - a couple of months after this particular day - we were flying our last missions before going to Japan - then home - God, home sweet home. There were 8 squadrons in total that returned in "Victory V" formations that day - they flew over the ship - damn - we were so young, so proud.

VA-22 was the last squadron to return that day - you could see the "V" coming in from a couple of miles away - I was on the flight deck. The lead plane in the "V" was Giuliani - you could see his plane at least two miles away - it was completely engulfed in flames - the plane had been badly shot up.

I'll never forget that. A voice came on the intercom - that command was to clear the flight deck. - I climbed onto a catwalk - where I was eye level with the flight deck when I was standing. The firemen came in and laid down a couple of feet of this foam - I just stood there just watching the plane heading for the flight deck.

The plane crashed about twenty feet away from where I was standing. There was an arresting cable that had been drawn across the flight deck that caught Giulliani's plane when it hit the flight deck. When the plane crashed - tires and jet parts flew everywhere. Once it was stopped - the plane was quickly put out - you could see Giulliani desperately trying to undo his belts. He got them off and came popping out the top of the glass dome. He walked away from it.

He was a great man, I really respected and liked him.

What a day, what a day.

THE PUGTONES
    Mark
    robby
    RE: The UFC 2009/03/08 19:47:54 (permalink)
    Wow, unreal... That gave me chills. We sleep peacefully in our beds at night thanks to men like you. Thank you.

==================

CLEAN
    RE: The UFC 2009/03/08 20:13:29 (permalink)
    It gives me a chill too robby. I must admit - I'm not quite sure why, but I found myself crying a bit as I was typing that story.

Sorry for screwing up your thread.

THE PUGTONES
    Mark
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1