The most foolish thing you've ever done.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Randy P
Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3070
RE: The most foolish thing you've ever done. 2009/03/07 15:06:00 (permalink)
Back in the 80's I was at a spring training baseball game in Scottsdale, Arizona having more than a few beers with a few buddies. The Oakland A's were playing the Chicago Cubs, and there was a little boy around 8 years old standing at the fence in front of us. As the players on Oakland were coming in from fielding warm up, this little boy said "Mr Canseco, can I have your autograph please?". Jose Canseco just walked within 3 feet of the kid and ignored him. Then about a minute later, Jose came walking by and again the kid politely asks him again, and Conseco turns around and says "Sure kid, you got fifty bucks?". The little kid turned around and looked at what I guessed were his Grandparents and started to kinda whimper.

It pissed me off instantly, and I stood up and said "Hey Canseco, you're an ****". He stopped and looked at me and asked me "What did you say?", so I said it again, and he said come here and say that. For some reason, that to this day I don't understand I stood up and stepped down the 2 bleacher rows in front of me and walked up to the fence, which was about 4 foot tall and toldhim I thought that was a ****ty thing to say to a little kid, and he needed to sign that kids autograph "right f****n now!" I'm as tall as Jose is, but he had about 60 pounds on me, but I thought the beers and somehow matched me in strength. He looked dead at me, and without ever taking his eyes off me, said "come here kid" and quickly signed his autograph for the kid, then walked to the dugout.

Shortly before the game started, 2 Scottsdale police officers walked over, and requested I leave the premises immediately. Apparently, my super human beer strength had dissapated, so I got up and left.

Randy

http://www.soundclick.com/riprorenband

The music biz is a cruel and shallow money trench,a plastic hallway where thieves & pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. Hunter S. Thompson
Jessie Sammler
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2111
RE: The most foolish thing you've ever done. 2009/03/07 15:18:30 (permalink)
Shortly before the game started, 2 Scottsdale police officers walked over, and requested I leave the premises immediately. Apparently, my super human beer strength had dissapated, so I got up and left.

Of course. We can't have false heroes being called out in front of people, now can we?
Garry Stubbs
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2619
RE: The most foolish thing you've ever done. 2009/03/07 18:59:46 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: rsp@odyssey.net

Randy

Randy, sounds like one of the best things you ever did rather than foolish, I'd like to think I'd have done the same in the circumstances

https://soundcloud.com/garry-kiosk
Sonar Platinum 64-bit: Q6600 8Gb Win7 64-bit: KRK Monitors: ART MPA PRO VLA ii preamp: 3 x 500Gb internal SATA disks: Superior Drummer2: GPO4: Realstrat: Saxlab: Rapture: Dimension Pro: Ozone 4: Edirol SPS-660: PCR-500 MIDI controller: Korg PadKontrol: Fender / Gibson / Yamaha / Ibanez guitars:Guitar Rig 5: Dual 22" Monitors: Mapex Drums, Sabian AAX cymbals: Alesis DM5 Pro Kit: SE Electronics and Shure Mics: Mathmos Lava Lamp (40W)
i8ipop
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 568
RE: The most foolish thing you've ever done. 2009/03/08 05:07:29 (permalink)
Unless something better ( worse) comes along...I declare Ron V the winner with RSP a very close second, for me the most foolish would probably be one night with a group of mates (all drunk of our faces, me probably more than most) decided we'd climb up to the top of a building in Wellington. NZ called "the magestic"while it was still under construction. it's still the tallest building in the city. anyways...I got to the top of the fence and was so drunk I fell off on to a bunch of scaffolding poles...OUCH! which roused a security guard so we all had to bolt back over the fence. probably for the best, in that condition it may have been the last thing I did.

Still raining...still dreaming!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1