Helpful ReplyThe ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated]

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
richlion821
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2016/06/29 18:26:25 (permalink)
Thanks guys. I just update to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro, on the last free day, today. When booted Sonar, it said my midi was missing. I have a Edirol UM-550, which was the fastest midi interface using 5 parallel output ports instead of the normal series method for more precise timing. I forgot they moved to Roland like my old Delta 1010LT cards, they are terrible with providing drivers and I will NEVER buy anything from them again. I thought it was a typo when I found they had no Win 10 drivers, and boldly said they are not making one. So I took the Win 8/8.1 driver and remained stuck after I turned the unit on after I uninstalled the Win 7 driver. I tried to follow the instructions here, but found they were missing a few steps maybe, so I hope I can make it clear to how I got it to work with Win 10. First I uninstalled the Win 8 driver I put in, use the uninstall to get rid of the Win 7 driver. The Win 8 Driver comes in Zip form. Unzip it to another folder you name like; "Ediunzip", etc. After it is unzipped. you will see a .exe file, and one folder named; "files" and "Readme". Take that folder "files", then the 64 bit folder, and use the Windows Wordpad, and open it with the all file extension pulldown (*.*). You will see a bunch of files and one with a .INI extention (RDIF1020.INF). Now take the Windows Wordpad and open that file. You will see a few places where it has; "Windows 7" in the text, I changed them to Windows 10. I also changed wherever I saw that 6.2 to a 10. Saved and closed. Next step, restart the computer using the start button while holding the space key down. Click troubleshoot, to get to the option to boot without signature screen (#7), on next screen after the options are shown. Turn off the UM-550 before the computer will re-boots in the without looking for signatures mode, if you turn off the UM-550 you wont have to remove the USB cable. After the computer boots, do not use the setup.exe file outside the files folder, but use the one in the 64 bit folder (I have 64 bits, I can't say if the 32 bit folder would work for 32 bits, but use that for 32 bits and change the INI folder in there not in the 64 bit folder. When the setup.exe 64 file is executed you will be prompted to continue to load this driver. Click to use it, and after it is loaded you will be asked to connect the USB cable which I never removed, and turn on the UM-550 via the power button. After a few seconds your driver should be working.  
Thanks, saved me from buying another midi interface to my keyboards and midi sound hardware. A Motu 5 x 5 midi interface is $139, and the only thing wrong with the UM-550, is that no one updated the driver. The last thing I was thinking about was buying a midi interface. Keep that modified Win 8 to Win 10 driver file, in a safe place.   

164 bit folder.      

Homebuilt computer: Arock  Taichi motherboard , 128 GB RAM, Intel i7 6800 @3.6 Ghz. GTX 1070 video card. 2 monitors on a dual vertical stand, MOTU 24AO interface, 2- Behringer ADA8200's; Win 10 Pro. Sonar Platinum. Cakewalk since Cakewalk DOS. Presonus 32.4.2 AI mixer.

Paul Thomas
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2016/07/03 05:01:28 (permalink)
I tried getting the win 8.1 driver installed in win 10 for my PCR 500 but it didn't work for me.

I also have an Edirol UA-25EX which does work with win 10. So I've connected my PCR 500 with midi cable to the UA-25EX and that gets round the problem for me. Not ideal but at least the keyboard now works in Sonar Professional.
peterphelan
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2016/08/02 09:44:31 (permalink)
Hi Folks,
Just wanted to say a big thanks for the tips here. I got my old Edirol UA-25 working again after upgrading to Windows 10 and in case it helps, I did the following:

1) made the amendments to the .INF file as per that shown by OGG
2) Disabled the signing using the Win 10 interface as follows - rather than via the direct code insert, which did not seem to work for me:
  1. Select the Start
  2. Open  Settings
  3. Click on the Update & Security
  4. Click on Recovery
  5. Click on the Restart Now button under Advanced startup
  6. Select Troubleshoot
  7. Select Advanced Options
  8. Select Startup Options
  9. Select Restart
  10. A menu will appear where you can press 7 on your keyboard to choose Disable driver signing enforcement
Now Device Driver Signing should be disabled. You need to restart your Windows 10 computer before you can try installing that the driver again.
3) Went into Device Manager and found the UA-25 under "Other Devices" with its little exclamation mark.
4) Updated the driver and clicked "install anyway" at the big red Windows warning window.

The driver installed ok and the UA-25 now appears correctly in Device Manager under "sound, video and game controllers" Made a quick voiceover recording with my Rode NTG1 via ch1 + 48v power; and it all worked as before. So like others, I want to say again a very big thanks; I got there in the end!
Hope this helps.
Peter
mitchellm44
  • Total Posts : 23
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2016/08/02 19:13:47 (permalink)
I updated to Windows 10 on my music computer- on the last day you possibly could - and installed the new Sonar Platinum - when it was missing my external device MIDI connections - I realized the UM-880 driver was not there,
and after a while of searching - came across this post.

It worked for me.
Unplug your UM-880 from the computer - and turn off the unit
Download the windows 8 Driver. and Extract all the files to folders
Uninstall first (there was something there but it was not recognized)
which sends computer to reboot.
Go to the extracted files and locate the "SETUP Information" file (which is an .INF - hidden extensions don't show).

Using NOTEPAD - change the 6.2 string to a 10 string
save.
(I Did run the BCDEDIT commands - create a shortcut on desktop   cmd.exe - save shortcut and right click it - run as administrator).
I had to reboot (I think I uninstalled but did not disconnect - so I think  it reinstalled some version of driver)
It does popup a different warning - I accepted it to run.
I then plugged the USB cable into the computer - and powered up the UM-880.
Driver installed
And the Driver was recognized in Sonar Platinum - and all my old instrument mapping to channels was restored.

I did research a bit on what was changing in Windows 10 - and there is a whole new Midi API stack
https://www.namm.org/nammu/special-a3e-keynote-future-audio-harnessing-power

that I do not see devices delivering on yet - at least I did not find any.
Midi over network and Bluetooth.

I did see some Bluetooth for iPad and iPhone - but not for windows.
This hopefully will allow me to play my synths for a while until the manufacturers come out with drives that use the new Windows 10 stuff.

Thank you for posting an answer - that seemed very foreign - but absolutely worked.

CSMR
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2016/08/03 09:52:31 (permalink)
The Windows 10 anniversary update uninstalled the driver. Edit: just needed reinstallation, no changes to .inf files needed.
post edited by CSMR - 2016/08/04 19:34:43
soundtweaker
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1036
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2016/08/09 03:32:05 (permalink)
CSMR
The Windows 10 anniversary update uninstalled the driver. Edit: just needed reinstallation, no changes to .inf files needed.

Same here. Which driver are you talking about?  The PCR drivers for 8.1?
TonyL99
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2016/09/29 08:23:20 (permalink)
Hi People,

I just opened an account here to say 'Thank you so much' to you all.

This morning Windows 10 started it's upgrade to the 'Anniversary Edition' with no warning. Took some 40 minutes for the upgrade itself, then the fun started. Most of my original Win 10 tweaks had been erased, including the driver tweak for Edirol UA-25, my old faithful that has performed perfectly for years.

Pleased to say, method 2 setup from Windows driver install worked well again using the drivers for 8.1 I did modify the inf file but that may not have been needed as driver signing was disabled as per the method 2 list.

A few more hours and I may have this PC set up as I want. Fixed the Office Upgrade nag, fixed the Edge nuisance, shut up stupid Cortana (oops, it just came back), printer work next. Oxygen II keyboard is not working yet. It shouldn't be like this...

I'm glad so many folk take the time/trouble to help us regain at least a small amount of control over the computers we own.

Thanks again.
post edited by TonyL99 - 2016/09/29 08:47:51
sadicus
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 368
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2016/12/05 16:56:29 (permalink)
Did not get Roland GI20_Win7Drv_64 installed.
WARNING: The operating system - not supported Setup will be terminated.
any other way around this?

sadicus | VYBE-AMD Ryzen Theadripper 12 Core | Win10x64 | Ultralite-mk3 | Cakewalk-Platinum

Luju
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/01/01 12:22:54 (permalink)
Thank you. This worked for my modest A-500S controller. I did as you said:

- Advanced Restart and disable the driver signature enforcement only on the next session.
- Downloaded last official driver for Windows 8.
- Replaced text in the .INF file ("6.1" to "10").
- Installed driver as normal.
- Working A-500S in Windows 10.

I'm very disappointed with Cakewalk/Roland.
Siggimund
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/01/19 19:05:43 (permalink)
Thank you very much
It worked with my Edirol PCR 300 midi keyboard controller on Windows 10  anniversary.
Can anyone tell me if the "Disable driver signature enforcement" are now permanently disabled or is this only for this driver install (what I would prefer for security reasons)?
ta
Siggimund
Edit: Think I found an answer to my question here: "maxedtech.com/about-testmode/" and here: "howtogeek.com/167723/" which seems to confirm that the method used by OP does not permanently disable driver signature enforcement.
Sorry, the forum software removes my links so you have to add "http://www." in front to follow them. 
post edited by Siggimund - 2017/01/19 21:01:44
Afrodrum
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 559
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/01/20 20:13:48 (permalink)
Siggimund
Thank you very much
It worked with my Edirol PCR 300 midi keyboard controller on Windows 10  anniversary.
Can anyone tell me if the "Disable driver signature enforcement" are now permanently disabled or is this only for this driver install (what I would prefer for security reasons)?

I guess it is permanently. Perhaps the driver would stop working at the next restart if it was not permanently.

Windows 10/64, Intel i7 Xeon X6575 3,07GHz, 24Gb RAM, chipset: Intel X58 Express, Kingston SSD 240Gb,  Sonar Platinum , Edirol UA-25.  (Some extra VSTs: PSP almost all/  IK - AT4, ST3, / AAS - all/ TH3 full/ +10dB/ Melodyne Editor). EVE sc205 monitors, Defil Kosmos guitar, blue lava lamp, ashtray.  And there is some great music you may find at: https://soundcloud.com/pawel-jan-1

Siggimund
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/01/21 07:15:50 (permalink)
Afrodrum
Siggimund
Thank you very much

I guess it is permanently. Perhaps the driver would stop working at the next restart if it was not permanently.

Well, as mentioned in my edit I found some sources (don't know how reliable though) that say otherwise. ( Well, the internet says so, so it must be true )
Especially "maxedtech.com/about-testmode/" compares 2 methods, "Test Mode" and "Disable driver signature enforcement (This/OP's method)", and gives OP's method a + for, quote: "+ does not permanently allow the installation of unsigned drivers".
But yes,
Afrodrum"... driver would stop working at the next restart if it was not permanently"

also sounds logical to me. 
Regards
Siggimund
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/01/21 15:45:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Siggimund 2017/01/22 05:28:10
The following information is MY PERSONAL imagination. It is based on a little bit more then a "rumor from the internet", but since I have not went throw the whole procedure to prove that (yet), some statements can be wrong.

The problem of the driver is NOT that it does not mention windows 10. The problem that it DOES mention never existing version of windows. That is why many old drivers install without any pip, which Roland drivers require "the hack". Explicitly, the problem is:

[Roland.NTamd64.6.2]
;; Windows8
%RDID0106DeviceDesc%=RDID0106Install, USB\VID_0582&PID_0117 ; VS-20

[Roland.NTamd64.7]
;; not supported

64.6.2 is Windows 8; 64.6.3 is Windows 8.1; 64.10.0 is windows 10; 64.7 ... does not exist!

What this statement means for Windows? That the driver is ALLOWED to be installed on ANY version between 6.2 and 7. Effectively on Windows 8 line only (so Windows 8.1 is allowed, Windows 8.5 is also allowed... but MS has moved to Windows 10 instead).

Without 64.7 section the driver could have an "open date" and be installed without problem. But in current situation, Roland has per-programmed the drivers and so devices will be obsolete during the time they was making them. They put a "time bomb" there.

Was that the Evil plan? I do not think so. They was releasing separate drivers for separate Windows version. I guess that was to avoid users by mistake install let say Windows Vista drivers on Windows 8. And as long as new drivers are released that is good. But I think they had to release the driver with open date when they have made the decision no longer continue the development, removing the time bomb.

------------------------------------

Now to the latest discussion. The signature is checked during the installation and during loading. But the signature is PER FILE. There is a separate file with signatures for all other files. By described procedure, we modify only INF file, which describe how to install the driver. So its signature is not longer valid. The driver itself (binary files) still have correct signatures. So we have to disable signature checking during installation only, when the file with broken signature is used (the last sentence I have not checked, so like 95% sure...)

--------------------

I have installed the driver disabling signature checking during reboot. I had to do this again after anniversary update. I am sure the signing was/is on after the installation and I am sure my VS-20 is working.

I have not found any method to disable kernel level drivers signature checking without going into the "test" mode, which is clearly visible when on. So if you do not see you are in the test mode, drivers are checked on loading.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
Siggimund
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/01/22 05:51:06 (permalink)
azslow3
Now to the latest discussion. The signature is checked during the installation and during loading. But the signature is PER FILE. There is a separate file with signatures for all other files. By described procedure, we modify only INF file, which describe how to install the driver. So its signature is not longer valid. The driver itself (binary files) still have correct signatures. So we have to disable signature checking during installation only, when the file with broken signature is used (the last sentence I have not checked, so like 95% sure...)

--------------------

I have installed the driver disabling signature checking during reboot. I had to do this again after anniversary update. I am sure the signing was/is on after the installation and I am sure my VS-20 is working.

I have not found any method to disable kernel level drivers signature checking without going into the "test" mode, which is clearly visible when on. So if you do not see you are in the test mode, drivers are checked on loading.

Thanks azslow3,
+100 for that explanation. That makes it a lot clearer to me of what is going on.  ( The pressure from my tin foil hat is easing up now <:-D )
NeCaster
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/02/21 10:00:27 (permalink)
Better late than never... HUGE thanks to a topic starter who brought my tried and true SonicCell back to life (Win 10, all updates, blah blah..)
Method 1 (replacing 6.2 with 10) did all the magic. Previously working .inf file did NOT work with updated Win10.
Shame on you, Roland!

soens
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5154
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/02/24 16:34:21 (permalink)
What about deleting all references to Windows versions or using Compatibility Mode? I'm using Windows 7 drivers for my interface under compatibility mode with Windows 10. They work fairly well but I do have to reinstall them periodically.

Some of the .inf file lines:

; This file supports:
;     Windows XP
;     Windows XP x64 Edition
;     Windows Vista
;     Windows Vista x64
;     Windows 7
;     Windows 7 x64

; x64-based systems
[_Devices.ntamd64]

[_Install1.ntamd64]
CopyFiles=_CopyFiles_sys_x64
[_Install1.ntamd64.Services]
AddService = %S_DriverName%, 0x00000002, _AddService_x64, _EventLog_x64
[_Install1.ntamd64.HW]
AddReg=_AddReg_ChildDev, _AddReg_DevSpecCfg1
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2819
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/02/25 03:59:05 (permalink)
soens
What about deleting all references to Windows versions or using Compatibility Mode? I'm using Windows 7 drivers for my interface under compatibility mode with Windows 10. They work fairly well but I do have to reinstall them periodically.

I did the moded driver install as outlined in this forum and only had to reinstall once (after the anniversary update). maybe that reinstalling you need to do periodically derives from issues with the compatibility mode???

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER
  +++   Visit the Rehab   +++

DAW: Platinum/X3e, win10 64 bit, i7-3930K (6x3.2GHz), Asus Sabertooth X79, 32 GB DDR3 1600MHz, ATI HD 5450, 120 GB SSD OCZ Agility3, 2x 1TB WD HDD SATA 600
Audio-Interface: 2x MOTU 1248 AVB, Focusrite OctoPre, (Roland Octa-Capture)   Control-Surface: VS-700C 
VSTi: WAVES, NI K10u, FabFilter, IK, ... (too many really) 
soens
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5154
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/02/25 08:20:18 (permalink)
My drivers aren't for a Roland but "some elcheepo brand" that does not reference any specific version of Windows except in the list of supported versions at the beginning. And since they do install ok in Windows 10 (I used compatibility mode for insurance), I was just wondering if the Roland drivers could be modded by simply deleting those references (example in red).

Roland Original:
;----------------
[Manufacturer]
%MfgName%=Roland,NTamd64.6.2,NTamd64.7

Roland Edited:
;----------------
[Manufacturer]
%MfgName%=Roland,NTamd64

My Brand:
;************
; Manufacturer
;----------------
[Manufacturer]
%S_Provider%=_Devices, ntamd64

And then delete the entire entry where it says:

[Roland.NTamd64.7]
;; not supported
post edited by soens - 2017/02/25 08:49:15
greg_moreira
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 84
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/03/09 14:53:30 (permalink)
Just a quick for what its worth.

up until recently I was working on an M audio interface with an old version of sonar and old copy of windows(either XP or 7....  cant remember at the moment).

Anyhow all was well til the PC died.

I chose to update everything.  I got a new windows PC with windows 10, bought sonar platinum, and bought the roland studio capture(for my interface).

I was not aware that there were any windows 10 issues at all(as a matter of fact roland was advertising the studio capture as something that integrates very well with sonar and works on windows 10 just fine).

in this case...  ignorance is bliss.  Had I seen this thread I may have had reservations about the roland unit and went a different way.

But I didnt so I bought the roland and zero issues to date with this rig as a whole.

although there may be some bugs out there with older roland gear...  it seems like at least the current gear coming out does indeed play well with windows 10.

Just thought Id throw that out there for anyone contemplating anything new from roland.

As a side note....  this thread just might be the reason that the new gear seemingly integrates just fine :) 
solarfly
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/03/14 04:21:44 (permalink)
I've followed these instructions previously and got it working several times. It stops working many times, especially lately.  I had it working for an entire day 2 days ago and the next morning the Fantom G would no longer be recognized as a MIDI device, no matter how hard I tried.

I have boxed up my Roland G7 and listed it on Ebay, but I will also frame that decision with the fact that it is emotionally not a happy moment for me. I was so proud of this workstation and used it for all my studio recording for years. I am really sad to part with it. 

I wrote this letter on Roland's Facebook and I copied it on mine and here as well so they don't just bury it:

My open letter to Roland USA:
The Fantom G7 was one of the most fantastic synths Roland built. That Roland couldn't spend 1 day of Engineering time for 1 developer to adjust the Windows 8 drivers and sign them for Windows 10, and 1 day of QA to certify it -- choosing instead to end-of-life the Fantom G7 or force users to run Windows 7 has caused tens of thousands of MIDI/USB users grief. I have followed all of the instructions on the workarounds on Cakewalk's forums here:  but Roland ignores the "open letter" which shows more than 20,000 people have hit that thread looking for a way to keep using their $3000 device.
It worked for a day, then Windows 10 no longer saw it as a MIDI device. So, after weeks of struggles, I photographed it, boxed it up in the original box and put it on Ebay. To add insult to injury, an old MOTU Axiom 61 Mk1 WORKS FLAWLESSLY and that is older than my Fantom G7.
I'm a software engineer. Changing the Windows 8 INI file didn't take much effort. Only Roland can resign the drivers with their private key. Then they need to make sure it's stable in QA and works after each reboot.
I owned a Juno/HS10 when I was a teenager in the 80's and I've always loved Roland products. But I'm no longer a loyal customer, I will never buy another Roland product again after this. I feel this is a loss of money and a workstation synth I was very proud to own.
solarfly
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/03/14 04:27:54 (permalink)
The CEO of Roland Corporation is Junichi Miki, President and CEO.
[font="'helvetica neue', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 22px"]Corporate Information
Address:
2036-1 Nakagawa Hosoe-cho
Kita-Ku Hamamatsu
Shizuoka, 431-1304
Japan

Phone: 
Fax: 
Web url:  dot roland dot co dot jp

solarfly
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/03/15 19:13:34 (permalink)
As a last ditch effort, has anyone tried a USB to MIDI adapter?
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/03/15 22:15:56 (permalink)
greg_moreira
Just thought Id throw that out there for anyone contemplating anything new from roland.

As a side note....  this thread just might be the reason that the new gear seemingly integrates just fine :)

Studio capture drivers are "automatically downloaded when needed"... so I can can not quickly check myself.

But you have it installed. Find relevant INF file and check there is no "time bomb" (empty "not supported" section with not existing Windows version, like NTamd64.10.10... or NTamd64.11.0).

If there is no such section, that was a good point to "throw that out".

If you see such section, wait till MS change the version ID and your device become nice looking door stopper

See my explanation before, so far Roland has declaring drivers OBSOLETE FOR NEWER WINDOWS VERSION, long before that new version is even planed by MS, obviously without checking the driver for "compatibility" (with not existing version).

And one more thing. Most drivers (at least for older devices) are effectively the same, for the same hardware (Edirol). You can check Linux kernel source code... Still some are "supported" under Win10, other not. Is that not funny?

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
sadicus
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 368
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/04/01 17:42:57 (permalink)
Did win 10 change something recently? (roland GI-20 + Ederiol UM-3EX drivers)
worked on win 10 a few months ago, tried again on the same laptop different HDD and
Now win 10 wont even run the software drivers. "The operating system not supported" Run as admin,Test Compatibility, can't get win 10 to run the drivers at all.

sadicus | VYBE-AMD Ryzen Theadripper 12 Core | Win10x64 | Ultralite-mk3 | Cakewalk-Platinum

Muziekschuur at home
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1442
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/05/29 23:42:08 (permalink)
I'm looking for the Edirol UA-3D driver. Does anyone know where to get it?

Cakewalk Sonar Platinum Windows 7 32bit & 64bit (dualboot) Gigabyte mobo Intel dual quad 9650 & 4GB Ram RME DIGI9636 & Tascam DM24.  M-audio Rbus & SI-24 Alesis Pro active 5.1 & Radford 90 transmissionline monitors. Roland RD-150 piano Edirol UM-880 & alesis fireport.
Remote recording Alesis HD-24 & Phonic MRS 1-20.
P.A. D&R Dayner 29-8-2 & behringer MX8000 (& racks)
Rackpc Sonar Platinum with win10 AMD X6 1055T, 16GB Ram
 Dell inspiron 17R 6gb ram W10 two SSD's Sonar Plat.
Muziekschuur at home
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1442
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/06/10 21:40:55 (permalink)
I have a Roland UA-3d. Wich does not seem to have drivers. Anyone know were to get those?

Cakewalk Sonar Platinum Windows 7 32bit & 64bit (dualboot) Gigabyte mobo Intel dual quad 9650 & 4GB Ram RME DIGI9636 & Tascam DM24.  M-audio Rbus & SI-24 Alesis Pro active 5.1 & Radford 90 transmissionline monitors. Roland RD-150 piano Edirol UM-880 & alesis fireport.
Remote recording Alesis HD-24 & Phonic MRS 1-20.
P.A. D&R Dayner 29-8-2 & behringer MX8000 (& racks)
Rackpc Sonar Platinum with win10 AMD X6 1055T, 16GB Ram
 Dell inspiron 17R 6gb ram W10 two SSD's Sonar Plat.
taccess
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 534
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/07/19 22:46:45 (permalink)
Thank you this works perfectly for FA-101 on Win 10 Creators/Latest update

z800 Dual x5690
NvME 256gb 950Pro / Win10
LSI  MegaRaid
Nvidia 450 GTS
96GB 1366MHZ
RME Babyface
crawdad47
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/07/30 00:15:15 (permalink)
Thanks, I found your Youtube video when i was trying to install the Win 8.1 driver in Windows 10. I went to this post from there, as I get info better from words. Followed part 1, and it worked like a charm. BTW, the hardware I'm trying to use is the Edirol sd20 studio canvas. With the usb connection working, I can play midi files, eg from BB, and  also trigger the sounds with my keyboard that's hooked up to a midisport 2x2.  
borispulido
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/08/23 16:09:16 (permalink)
Hello, i have Edirol UA-5 interface, after WIndows 10 anniversary update dont work anymore, they only have Windows Vista and Seven drivers support in Roland´s Page. Can i try to do the same method??? sorry for my english. I'm from Venezuela need this interface working again cuz here is toooooo difficult to get a new one. thx for reply
Afrodrum
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 559
Re: The ultimate guide to get your Roland/Edirol devices to work with Windows 10. [Updated 2017/09/02 16:05:41 (permalink)
Is EDIROL brand completely gone?

Windows 10/64, Intel i7 Xeon X6575 3,07GHz, 24Gb RAM, chipset: Intel X58 Express, Kingston SSD 240Gb,  Sonar Platinum , Edirol UA-25.  (Some extra VSTs: PSP almost all/  IK - AT4, ST3, / AAS - all/ TH3 full/ +10dB/ Melodyne Editor). EVE sc205 monitors, Defil Kosmos guitar, blue lava lamp, ashtray.  And there is some great music you may find at: https://soundcloud.com/pawel-jan-1

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1