Helpful ReplyThere are no audio devices for the current driver model on your system.

Author
epiphonebassplayer
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/01/30 20:14:29 (permalink)

There are no audio devices for the current driver model on your system.

Hey everyone!

I recently purchased 2 licenses for Sonar7 Cakewalk Producer Edition and installed it on 2 different computers.

I installed one copy on my Netbook, an Acer Aspire One (I know, I know, it's not powerful enough lol)

I installed the other copy on my custom-built desktop PC. Here are the specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
HP MZN68-LA motherboard
AMD Athlon 5800+ dual core processor 64-bit
4GB RAM
500GB shared hard drive
Integrated Realtek ALC888 soundcard with 8 channels of HD-Audio. It has both a "Line in" and a "Microphone in" jack.

Unfortunately, Sonar7 is convinced that I do not have a record timing master at all. I've tried all three driver modes with the same result. The sound card shows up under playback master, but "none" shows up as the record master.

Under the "Record Latency Adjustment (samples)" section, I can see my sound card listed in the drop-down box, but it shows (0 in, 5 out). This is incorrect because I can clearly see that there are 2 inputs in the back of the tower.

How do I go about fixing this? When I launched Sonar7 for first time after installing it, I was prompted to let Sonar7 test my audio hardware. I hit "yes". Then nothing happened. The dialogue box went away. After about 5 minutes of it "testing", I assumed that cakewalk had just crashed, so I ran ctrl+alt+delete and ended the process.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks in advance!
Kylotan
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 995
Re:There are no audio devices for the current driver model on your system. 2011/01/30 20:24:28 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
That sounds a bit unusual. Have you made sure the sound card is selected in the input section under Options>Audio>Drivers? You might try installing ASIO4ALL and using that as your sound card driver, and seeing if that helps?
epiphonebassplayer
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:There are no audio devices for the current driver model on your system. 2011/01/30 20:41:42 (permalink)
Fixed it! I wasn't getting any results with sound recorder either. I reinstalled the audio drivers with realtek drivers instead. Now, I can record in Sonar7! Yeah!!!

The only thing I have to figure out now is why my recorded file "disappears" when I punch the "record" button to stop recording.
^^EDIT: I figured that out as well!!! Now the only thing left to do is buy a decent sound card so that my recordings don't sound like crap. Saving up the $$$$
post edited by epiphonebassplayer - 2011/01/31 00:54:01
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1