Things that take a long time

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
space_cowboy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9813
Re:Things that take a long time 2010/02/17 09:24:22 (permalink)
Yeah I got this DAW like June maybe last year.  I should not have poured that pound of rock hard sea salt onto my drive I guess.  

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
Guitarhacker
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re:Things that take a long time 2010/02/17 09:28:16 (permalink)
yeah... a new drive shouldn't take that long.  But 70% is a heck of a lot of stuff in a 7 month old drive....

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
space_cowboy
Re:Things that take a long time 2010/02/17 09:33:27 (permalink)
True GH, but I have all the dim pro and rapture stuff there (should have moved but I guess I didn't) and all of my EZ drummer expansions there (which I cannot move).  Those are pretty big.  

Plus I own a ridiculous amount of plug ins.  TC Powercore (not all, but many), UAD (all), NI (most), Audio Damage (all but new drum synth), ....

I did put all of the sounds for Komplete on my sample drive.  And for Krishna and for Alchemy and all the other ones that take tons of space.  

But between dim pro, rapture and ezd, they do take up tons of C drive space.  I can fix 2 of the 3.  

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re:Things that take a long time 2010/02/17 09:43:34 (permalink)
you've just had horrible computer problems lately, haven't you?

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
Guitarhacker
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re:Things that take a long time 2010/02/17 09:59:03 (permalink)
I hear ya...and feel your pain.

I just bought a 1TB drive about a month back for my DAW... and it's sole purpose in life is to archive the BUN files and it also is for holding my K-6 sample files as well.    All the samples are reloadable from DVD's so a crash is just an inconvenience in that respect.... I do need to visit the supply store today to buy ink for the printer...some printable music CD's and I will also buy a new CD holder and start burning my bundles to DVD in the event of a drive crash and the need to restore a song project. Many are irreplacable any other way.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
space_cowboy
Re:Things that take a long time 2010/02/17 10:30:38 (permalink)
Beagle
I am beginning to think I have some how pi$$ed off the DAW gods.  

I am afraid I am going to have to replace the drive and start from scratch.  That means reloading about 200 plug ins - maybe more.  That takes forever.  

I took my whole VST folder and my programs folder and backed them up to an external drive so I could see how to rebuild things if it comes to that.  I also purchased an upgrade copy of Win7 Ultimate, but have not installed it yet.  I am not sure how to upgrade if I have to wipe the drive.  

If this defrag doesn't finish in a day or two more, i am going to contact Scott again at ADK.  I have not heard back from the emails I have sent.  

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1