LockedThis Evening

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Freeze1st
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1213
2008/09/30 00:32:25 (permalink)

This Evening

Ok, I'm breaking my own rule right now, I said I wouldn't be back for two weeks. Well I'm sure there are those of you who wish I never would come back. Whatever the case might be. I am gonna post this one song with the link at the end of this message.

Here is a song that I added to and the Piano player is great!!!!

I added the crazy guitar fuzz sounds and the vocals and words.... Anyway here's the link and THANK YOU FOR LISTENING I APPRECIATE IT!!!!!! BOBBY!

FREEZE1ST!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=841882&songID=6933440

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67

59 Replies Related Threads

montezuma
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2520
    RE: This Evening 2008/09/30 03:39:21 (permalink)
    Everything sounds a little hot in my headphones...and they are not turned up high or anything. Quite hard to make out the vocals...I think you could improve the mix to give a bit more separation and space to the instruments....to my ears they seem to be occupying a similar tone or frequency space...so yeah...could be a better listen on another set up...or with a bit of fine tuning of the mix.
    mstodge
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 984
    RE: This Evening 2008/09/30 06:51:08 (permalink)
    Really sorry Bobby. I don't know if that is you singing or not, but it sounds like something i hear straggled at the end of a bar after 20 pints of whisky.

If i've offended you, i'm sorry, but i say it how it is.
    Freeze1st
    RE: This Evening 2008/09/30 21:43:45 (permalink)
    Well if it will make "YOU" feel better I zapped the song. I appreciate your comment but what you are saying could be said for some of your stuff also, along with many others on here. I should mention "I was doing an impersonation of Elvis for fun". I don't like people making accusations about me now matter how they wish to sugar coat it.

AND BTW : "YOU DON'T SAY IT HOW IT IS", You say it "HOW YOU THINK IT IS"...... And You are WRONG "ABOUT YOUR REVIEW OF ME", which is what you are making "Not the song"...... Whatever.....

I zapped the tune because it was misunderstood from the start. Better to pull the song early than to have more confusion.

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67
    Freeze1st
    RE: This Evening 2008/09/30 21:48:33 (permalink)

Thanks Montezuma, I kinda done a really really quick mixdown, along with quick recording of this and your right about everything you are saying. It's really more of an idea rough draft kinda thing on the stuff I added to this. I get confused on this mixdown stuff because I never use headphones to listen to this stuff, although I do have a set of Sony MDR 7506 headphones that I don't use much, unless I am trying to record with a microphone. I almost always use my monitor speakers on my computer for mixdown, but like I said I mixed this one quick. Thanks again I appreciate it.

Bobby

Freeze1st
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/14 23:20:32 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: mstodge

Really sorry Bobby. I don't know if that is you singing or not, but it sounds like something i hear straggled at the end of a bar after 20 pints of whisky.

If i've offended you, i'm sorry, but i say it how it is.

Just for your, and EVERYONE else's information : "Your comment is still SELF RIGHTEOUS and OUTA LINE towards me! This was a simple Elvis imperssionation and that's all it was. Period!".

Whatever....... This still ticks me off that you would be so JUDGEMENTAL towards me with that comment! YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!! I shouldn't have to explain myself for ANY SOUNDS that I make, be it song or collab or whatever.......... MY point being, let me guess next you are gonna be saying because someone was playing fast they were using some kinda drug or booz for that right??????????? Yeah, LINK the post where I was saying I got flat out DRUNK on my 40th birthday with a few of my remaining FAMILY members, it was my 40th birthday and to drink a few booz and wake up with a hangover not hurting anything celebrating being alive with the people I care about is a lot better than most people my age do! I had one night of fun, and don't do that crap as a habit! I DO NOT DO DRUGS and I NEVER WILL!!!!!! I'm still pissed off about this comment! WHATEVER........ I'm gonna let this go....... Say what you will, do whatever you want. I don't give a crap anymore, but be thankful for the fact that you started all of this : "Insinuations are just as bad as saying it's so even when it's not!"....... Whatever.....

Hmmm..... Yeah, I have been outa line a few times, but that doesn't make me the kinda person you are trying to make me out to be..........

Whatever....................

BTW: I pulled and zapped the entire TUNE BECAUSE OF YOUR COMMENTS!!!!!!!! For those who don't know this, the WAS the reason why you can't hear it anymore...........
    post edited by Freeze1st - 2008/11/14 23:29:22

jamesyoyo
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3460
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/14 23:45:18 (permalink)
    Freeze:

Grow up.

If someone doesn't like your song, big f'ing deal. Criticism, good and bad, is the only thing that helps you get better.

Post the song again and let the rest of us hear it. Quitting after one bad comment is weak.
    post edited by jamesyoyo - 2008/11/14 23:46:03
    Freeze1st
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 00:13:09 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jamesyoyo

Freeze:

Grow up.

If someone doesn't like your song, big f'ing deal. Criticism, good and bad, is the only thing that helps you get better.

Post the song again and let the rest of us hear it. Quitting after one bad comment is weak.

HEY, this isn't about a SONG, this is ABOUT ME PERSONALY and REPUTATION! And you are being the same kinda A-HOLE that the other person was being PERIOD.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SONG AT ALL IF YOU READ THE THREAD...........

IF you are gonna comment then please read the REMARK made towards me first, it was more than just ABOUT THE SONG, it CATEGORIZED ME AS BEING A CERTAIN KINDA PERSON that DESTROYED the entired thread and TUNE, not song, TUNE.................. There's a big difference, and like I said THIS AIN'T ABOUT THE TUNE OR SONG. It's about being LABELED as a specific kinda PERFORMER and PERSON who POST A SONG..............

jamesyoyo
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 00:23:28 (permalink)
    Jesus H Christ, son. Get ahold of yourself. All he said was that it "SOUNDED LIKE" something. Not that you "were" something. But since you are apparently such a little hothouse flower that you won't even re-post the song lest your dainty feelings get offended, I guess there's nothing left to say.
    Freeze1st
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 09:13:39 (permalink)

Jesus H Christ, son. Get ahold of yourself. All he said was that it "SOUNDED LIKE" something. Not that you "were" something. But since you are apparently such a little hothouse flower that you won't even re-post the song lest your dainty feelings get offended, I guess there's nothing left to say.

Listen J. Yo Yo, FIRST : Don't be calling me SON. Second : This has NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH YOU. The person who made that remark is all it's about, and if they aren't gonna come back and respond then that's their issue.

I Am gonna say what I wish to say, and if you don't like it and you wanna make it your problem then we can go that route, but I am telling you right now that THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU! So please keep your opinions to yourself.

How about this comment toward you : "You sound like you are blitzed and drunk, and whacked out on PCP and meth and all kinda drugs with those comments, and yeah I am talking to you and your sound with that tune YOU DONE!"........

Yeah, I am talking to you! How the heck do you like that kinda comment now, "REMEMBER I SAID SOUND LIKE"............

Nothing personal jamesyoyo, you need to stay outa this one. I wish you the best and everyone else always. But I don't like being put in this category. It made everyone stop chatting with me except when hatred was available, and it also SHUNNED me from everything. And NO, IT'S NOT ALL MY FAULT!

I'm a nice and caring person believe it or not, I put people above music and all that other BS!

I am asking you nicely, please stay outa this thread it does not concern you, and your opinion :"Doesn't know the entire history or thread or what actualy went on here".

Freeze1st
    post edited by Freeze1st - 2008/11/15 09:19:08

jamesyoyo
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 09:39:55 (permalink)
    Well. since you put it that way....
    M. Man
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 770
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 10:06:34 (permalink)
    Wow.... been off a few days, and Wow!

Freeze, asking you nicely: please make the song available again, so the rest of us can listen & comment on it.
    - Or not, if you can not handle handle the comments and opinions that "we", your fellow musicians make about your music.

My stuff and a whole lot of others has been dissected, commenteted and pulled apart by the members in here, and....why? Because I/we asked them to.
    Hard to swallow for my and others huge egos?? - ooooh yess!!!!... But at the end of the day, ALL opinions are valuable and very, very much appriciated. (Me talking).

In short; don't post your music if you are not prepared to get crits and advice to make YOUR music sound better than it was when you posted it.
    Freeze1st
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 11:01:54 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: M. Man

Freeze, asking you nicely: please make the song available again, so the rest of us can listen & comment on it.
    - Or not, if you can not handle handle the comments and opinions that "we", your fellow musicians make about your music.

My stuff and a whole lot of others has been dissected, commenteted and pulled apart by the members in here, and....why? Because I/we asked them to.
    Hard to swallow for my and others huge egos?? - ooooh yess!!!!... But at the end of the day, ALL opinions are valuable and very, very much appriciated. (Me talking).

In short; don't post your music if you are not prepared to get crits and advice to make YOUR music sound better than it was when you posted it.

Reply and I will make it available.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND MY POINT! The thing is : Because I was doing an Elvis Impersonation I was categorized as someone who is a DRUNKEN LUSH! And I for one am not gonna tolerate that kinda crap! I mean for someone to categorize me like this is wrong!

Think of yourself when I speak of myself, if you make up a certain sound with your vocals and someone says : "Hey you sound like you are wasted", my question to you is would that not upset you also? I mean it would follow your reputation from then on.

I still haven't heard from the person who made the comment, fair weather comments I guess from that user.

I don't like being categorized that way because it's all false and BS!

Yeah, I'll make this tune available, and your gonna say some BS like : "Yeah I agree with the person", or some BS like that, the reason why is you are trying to prove or make YOUR point, instead of dealing with the true issue which is what I have been screaming all along : "I don't like being CATEGORIZED as some drug using drunken demon bad person from hell because I play metal music and got drunk ONE NIGHT on my 40th birthday! Like I have been categorized or labeled by that user".

If you wanna hear it, then fine, I'll post a link, it's an elvis impersonation of something I thought might be a great tune.

But I have to have the song writer and piano players permission first, otherwise nothing will get heard. Ask her. It's not really up to me.

This subject is getting far outa hand........... I'm sorry to all.

This is about someone calling me a f'ng "DRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and I am defending myself the best way that I can!

Be aware if you "GOOGLE" your user name you can see the threads that you have posted here on the forums or others have posted about you. Just thought I would mention that. I have family members who read all this and go to church 3 days a weeks and I don't like this smut talk about me or insinuations being made available for them to see which is BS!!!!!!!!! They have friends also who read this! Keep all of that in mind........

It's not a matter of someone just saying something : "It's a matter of someone categorizing a person being something" and then everyone listens with that thought in mind to the tunes they make up forever because of someones suggestion.

Take care,

Freeze1st

mstodge
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 11:04:14 (permalink)
    I'm getting confused.

You said you were doing an impersonation of Elvis right? So why are you getting so uptight about my comments?
    Like everyone has said, if you don't want comments about your music, then don't post on here.

Judging by your mentality, Maybe you would have preferred this:

Oh my, this song is the finest thing I have ever heard. Your voice is astonishing. Why haven't we heard of you before? I think, no, I know you are going to be the next BIG thing!
    If you didn't tell me it was you singing, I would have thought it was the Lord God himself.
    Better?
    The problem is, I can’t do this, I say it how it is. So stop fishing for “nice” comments on a poor performance!

p.s. If you spent your energy creating music rather than getting wound up, I’m sure you would have something that would be semi tolerable to listen to.
    Freeze1st
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 11:06:28 (permalink)

I'll post it later today, it will be a remix, but I would rather be the one who posted it than the original piano player who is out of this world GREAT!

I got a few things to do, then I'll get back on this one and post a link.....

I do wanna say, I'm sorry for being so defensive on my comments and abrupt to say harsh words. This is a touchy subject to me because I got labeled as something I am not.

My singing STUNK! I have no problem with someone saying that, but what I do have a problem with is someone saying I was a drunken lush! I mean everyone has their bad moments, but this wasn't the case at the time with me recording the so called vocal line.

It was an improvisational line also, I made it all up somewhat on the spot and just went with it.

Don't be upset with me. I am not with you or the Yo Yo dude, I just don't like being labeled as the kinda person I was labeled as by the person who replied like MSTODGE did!

Freeze1st

post edited by Freeze1st - 2008/11/15 11:12:32

Freeze1st
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 11:13:41 (permalink)

I'm getting confused.

You said you were doing an impersonation of Elvis right? So why are you getting so uptight about my comments?
    Like everyone has said, if you don't want comments about your music, then don't post on here.

Judging by your mentality, Maybe you would have preferred this:

Oh my, this song is the finest thing I have ever heard. Your voice is astonishing. Why haven't we heard of you before? I think, no, I know you are going to be the next BIG thing!
    If you didn't tell me it was you singing, I would have thought it was the Lord God himself.
    Better?
    The problem is, I can’t do this, I say it how it is. So stop fishing for “nice” comments on a poor performance!

p.s. If you spent your energy creating music rather than getting wound up, I’m sure you would have something that would be semi tolerable to listen to.

I AM GETTING UPTIGHT because you called me a FREAKING DRUNK MORE OR LESS and sugar coated it with your words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention you said "Mentality and all that crap"? What do you think you are above me and everyone else????????????
    post edited by Freeze1st - 2008/11/15 11:14:38

jamesyoyo
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 11:15:43 (permalink)
    I look forward to the song re-posting to see if your vocals have sobered up....
    mstodge
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 11:16:31 (permalink)

Freeze1st
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 11:18:49 (permalink)

I look forward to you hearing it when you are off whatever it is that you are on................

Freeze1st
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 11:21:50 (permalink)

Why are you laughing so hard? A little drunken excess perhaps?

mstodge
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 11:25:52 (permalink)
    "BTW: I pulled and zapped the entire TUNE BECAUSE OF YOUR COMMENTS!!!!!!!! For those who don't know this, the WAS the reason why you can't hear it anymore........... "

It's probably a good thing you did, as my head hasn't been the same since I listened, and I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone.

I am fishing now!
    M. Man
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 11:48:06 (permalink)
    Freeze....I could call you a lots of names, only taken from a quick analysis of how you behave in your own thread...
    But... I won't....not my game to calling others names, (but I sure have a few lied up for you).

Anyways, nobody called YOU a drunk, just made references to the sound of one....

Capiche?
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 16:50:25 (permalink)
    Bobby,

You seem to have forgotten our email conversation.

Something to consider:

When you apologize for something the expectations of others when you do so is that you learned your lesson, and then never do it again. Unfortunately you persist in repeating the same offensive and defensive remarks in almost every thread you post in. Thus your apologies are completely without value. After a while, you will find that the people who once were willing to engage you (like myself) become less so.

This becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Jim was right... in this sense you are acting like a spoiled child who had his candy taken away. Your temper tantrums are really distasteful, and if you take a few moments to look, you will find you are one of very few people who act this way continually. 99.99% of the rest of us do not. So, either 99% of us are wrong about this, or you are... which one do you think I am going with?

You can yell and scream at me about this, or you can remember the words I wrote to you a couple of days ago about learning to chill out and keep your cool.

Failing that, then either take an anger management course with a counselor, and/or get into rehab if you are drinking or on drugs, and/or get psychiatric help, because, you are socially dysfunctional in a big way. I know these word are hurtful and not pleasant, but I suspect most of the others here feel the same way as I do about this.

Nobody wants you to leave. We want you to become a good forum citizen. Taking two weeks away from the forums is neither going to solve anything for you unless you engage the problem, and I can promise you nobody cares about your problems because you prevent us from caring with your behavior and attitude toward us.

So, its time you start treating us with the respect you expect from us. That road (respect) is a two way street, and it is always (100% of the time) our responsibility to earn (not demand) the respect we desire (I think I have already earned mine, so now its time for you to get off the pot, stop your whining and start earning yours.

Regards
    Shad

PS... you need not worry about your reputation... you do not have a good one anyway, and it is all due to your own actions (much like respect, reputation is also our personal responsibility to maintain).
    post edited by foxwolfen - 2008/11/15 16:56:59

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Freeze1st
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 17:38:57 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: foxwolfen

Bobby,

You seem to have forgotten our email conversation.

Something to consider:

When you apologize for something the expectations of others when you do so is that you learned your lesson, and then never do it again. Unfortunately you persist in repeating the same offensive and defensive remarks in almost every thread you post in. Thus your apologies are completely without value. After a while, you will find that the people who once were willing to engage you (like myself) become less so.

This becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Jim was right... in this sense you are acting like a spoiled child who had his candy taken away. Your temper tantrums are really distasteful, and if you take a few moments to look, you will find you are one of very few people who act this way continually. 99.99% of the rest of us do not. So, either 99% of us are wrong about this, or you are... which one do you think I am going with?

You can yell and scream at me about this, or you can remember the words I wrote to you a couple of days ago about learning to chill out and keep your cool.

Failing that, then either take an anger management course with a counselor, and/or get into rehab if you are drinking or on drugs, and/or get psychiatric help, because, you are socially dysfunctional in a big way. I know these word are hurtful and not pleasant, but I suspect most of the others here feel the same way as I do about this.

Nobody wants you to leave. We want you to become a good forum citizen. Taking two weeks away from the forums is neither going to solve anything for you unless you engage the problem, and I can promise you nobody cares about your problems because you prevent us from caring with your behavior and attitude toward us.

So, its time you start treating us with the respect you expect from us. That road (respect) is a two way street, and it is always (100% of the time) our responsibility to earn (not demand) the respect we desire (I think I have already earned mine, so now its time for you to get off the pot, stop your whining and start earning yours.

Regards
    Shad

PS... you need not worry about your reputation... you do not have a good one anyway, and it is all due to your own actions (much like respect, reputation is also our personal responsibility to maintain).

Something for you to consider is : "Mind your own business"..................

Freeze1st
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 17:41:05 (permalink)

"BTW: I pulled and zapped the entire TUNE BECAUSE OF YOUR COMMENTS!!!!!!!! For those who don't know this, the WAS the reason why you can't hear it anymore........... "

It's probably a good thing you did, as my head hasn't been the same since I listened, and I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone.

I am fishing now!

Hey, what's your M.O. Anyway? What's the deal here? You called me names from the get go. Let's hear your so called music? Give me a link?

Who made you the God of all critics anyway?

Freeze1st
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 17:44:07 (permalink)

Freeze....I could call you a lots of names, only taken from a quick analysis of how you behave in your own thread...
    But... I won't....not my game to calling others names, (but I sure have a few lied up for you).

Anyways, nobody called YOU a drunk, just made references to the sound of one....

Capiche?

Read the replies and you will see, an implication is all it takes to call someone a name and from evermore they will be percieved that way because it's the same as flat out calling someone a name.

What's your deal anyway? The best thing you could do is stay outa this, I have no problem with you or anyone else except for the person who IMPLIED which is the same as calling me a NAME : "It's flat out calling me a name in the worst of ways", CHICKEN CRAP way of calling someone something.

Look, this doesn't concern you, I would suggest you stay outa this. Word of advice.

M. Man
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 17:50:21 (permalink)
    Ok, freeze, did not call you names earlier.
    And HEEY! not gonna do that now either... But I sure want to!

If you had any working ears.. (or ears working) you'd know that Mr Fox and Mr Stodge both have made music that are outstanding!

If you are pissed of on somobody - piss their way and not in here.
    M. Man
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 18:02:53 (permalink)
    Hmm. wrote my post befor you replied Freeze.

Who am I to mean anything?
    Just did a try... to make you take a deeeeeeeep braeth in + a deeeeeeeeep breath out.
    But, you did not get it....not at all...

Posting here or at any other songs forum means dissection of your "music" in detail. What part of that is it that you do not get?
    And btw.. nobody called you anything. I'm close to calling you an Idiot, but hey...prove me wrong!
    jamesyoyo
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 18:07:07 (permalink)
    One word: troll.
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: This Evening 2008/11/15 22:30:46 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Freeze1st

Something for you to consider is : "Mind your own business"..................

Errr... no. You made this my business when you took it upon yourself to email me without invitation and then further used it to talk bad things about people i happen to like. I have more than patient with you, as I already stated.

Now, to echo Jim's words...

Grow up.

You may not be an idiot but you sure are acting like one.

And to echo what MM said, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen (and, do not poke your head in and yell at the cooks).

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1