This drum machine

Author
ffff
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2008/10/08 08:16:32 (permalink)

This drum machine

The drum machine in Shy FX's Original Nuttah...seemed to be quite popular. Forgive me for being a newbie in electronic music, but anyone know what drum machine is that?

9 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: This drum machine 2008/10/08 09:29:47 (permalink)
    I googled this and couldn't find anything on the device...lots of you tube vids, which I didn't look at.

What are you wanting to know about it? Are you looking to buy one and use it to create beats for music?

If it's a hardware based "drum machine" of years past.... if you want one just to own it...that might be OK...but you'll probably find it difficult to work with, and limited in sounds, compared to the power and versatility of todays software based drummers.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    ffff
    RE: This drum machine 2008/10/09 07:02:18 (permalink)
    Well I just want to compose music with that drumset. I would definitely get any softsynths with that machine
    Guitarhacker
    RE: This drum machine 2008/10/09 10:35:56 (permalink)
    If it's a hardware based gizmo...there will not be any soft synth with it... it will be a hardware synth..built in...

Soft synths are found residing inside the cakewalk programs and other recording software....some are standalone as well, but all of them are in computers.

Jamstix, which I use is one such software based "soft synth drummer". There are many others.

BMI/NSAI

ffff
    RE: This drum machine 2008/10/20 05:46:49 (permalink)
    Okay, maybe I got the term drum machine wrong. Thanks for clarifying. So okay, drum machines are hardwares.

My specific question was what specific "electronic drumset sound", used in Original Nuttah? Like is it the tr808 or something? It's also commonly used in many drum n' bass tracks.
    Guitarhacker
    RE: This drum machine 2008/10/20 09:43:25 (permalink)
    Don't know...

I used to have a Roland TR-808 myself (I think that's the model #)... I used to set there for hours literally...programing beats into it....beat by beat...measure by measure. I had a note book to write down the patterns and measure numbers in a song. I thought it was pretty sweet for it's time, and what it could do and what it sounded like. I bought it at the same time I bought my first multi-track studio...the Tascam Porta-One. Cutting edge stuff back then.

I think the modern software based drummers available today are far superior in sound and ease of programming and certainly functionality over the old hardware drum machines.

Personally, I've never heard of the "ON" until now (in this post) but that really doesn't mean anything.

BMI/NSAI

Spaceduck
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2499
    RE: This drum machine 2008/10/20 10:56:22 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Guitarhacker

Don't know...

I used to have a Roland TR-808 myself (I think that's the model #)... I used to set there for hours literally...programing beats into it....beat by beat...measure by measure. I had a note book to write down the patterns and measure numbers in a song. I thought it was pretty sweet for it's time, and what it could do and what it sounded like. I bought it at the same time I bought my first multi-track studio...the Tascam Porta-One. Cutting edge stuff back then.

Amazing what the TR-808 is going for these days. One sold on ebay last week for $1700. Another one's on sale for $2200. For a 25 year old drum machine???

fff, in this case I don't know if there's a drum machine or softsynth for that beat. At least I couldn't find one. Your best bet might be to find the original recording and sample it yourself. There's a 12" vinyl copy on ebay for $30. Is that the one?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350109205086

Spaceduck music [HERE]
    Spaceduck videos [HERE]
    Ron Vogel
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1074
    RE: This drum machine 2008/10/20 11:11:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Spaceduck

ORIGINAL: Guitarhacker

Don't know...

Amazing what the TR-808 is going for these days. One sold on ebay last week for $1700. Another one's on sale for $2200. For a 25 year old drum machine???

fff, in this case I don't know if there's a drum machine or softsynth for that beat. At least I couldn't find one. Your best bet might be to find the original recording and sample it yourself. There's a 12" vinyl copy on ebay for $30. Is that the one?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350109205086

I got all excited and checked out what my DR-660 is worth.

About $100.....

Guess I'll just keep using it as a controller.

I did sell off a bunch of my old gear this year on Ebay, and got top-dollar for it. Wierd how that works in this sluggish economy. Great thing about being close to 40, is that all your gear becomes "vintage"....so you can sell it to buy new and better stuff!

I'm stuck in the past, but my foot's tapping forward 
    Ron Vogel Soundclick page
    Spaceduck
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2499
    RE: This drum machine 2008/10/20 13:16:52 (permalink)
    Hahaha, I'm still waiting for my Korg Super Drums to be worth something. I bought it for $129.99 in 1987. Today it's worth.... $5 on ebay

Spaceduck music [HERE]
    Spaceduck videos [HERE]
    Guitarhacker
    RE: This drum machine 2008/10/20 13:25:41 (permalink)
    OK...I think I had the wrong model numbers.... cause that old thing I had sure wasn't worth anywhere close to that.... It was about $250 brand new.... I sold it on Ebay for less than half that amount.

BMI/NSAI

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1