This just in....

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
dmbaer
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2585
Re: This just in.... 2014/07/20 18:24:54 (permalink)
Monkey23
Hey Larry, can you elaborate on that? What is it that you're getting as fas as MIDI editing with Cubase (or any DAW) that you're not getting with SONAR. I've always been happy with SONAR overall, and while I do find SONAR's MIDI editing to be long and counter intuitive, I asssumed all DAWs had the same options, more or less.

Well, I'm not Larry, but I'll respond anyway. 

I never found SONAR's MIDI editing to be particularly disappointing.  But I do a lot of work with heavy-duty tempo map editing, and Cubase is very much more friendly in that department.  Another major advantage is that Cubase has MIDI sends.  Try to get a VST in SONAR to MIDI-learn a controller knob.  It's a major undertaking to get MIDI through to anything other than a synth and should not be.  On the other hand, Cubase inexplicably does not provide MIDI sends for instrument tracks (which are more or less the same idea as in SONAR), but only plain old MIDI tracks.
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re: This just in.... 2014/07/20 19:02:07 (permalink)
^^^^^

What he said...

Also, I find the velocity drawing in X3 a pain in the arse....in Cubase, and the
other programs I use, it's pretty easy...Click and drag ...in Sonar, you have to hit the velocity line in "just the right way" at "just the right spot" and even then it only draws up or down sometimes...but never smoothly...it's always a headache...and it should be really easy...maybe others don't have this problem IDK...but I do...and it's far 
easier, even in my cheapo $50 DAW then in Sonar...

Also the scoring in Sonar is not very robust.  Also, no VST Expression...not a deal breaker
but certainly something to consider when working with MIDI...and I RARELY work with MIDI...
but, when I do... 

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1