Thought of The Day, July 30, 2010

Author
Mooch4056
Max Output Level: -0.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7494
2010/07/30 12:07:42 (permalink)

Thought of The Day, July 30, 2010

Some people say, "If you can't beat them, join them". I say, "If you can't beat them beat them", because they will be expecting you to join them, so you will have the element of surprise. WHAT!?

From Now On Call Me Conquistador! 

Donate to the cure Bapu Foundation
Email: mooch4056@gmail.com for more info

7 Replies Related Threads

bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:Thought of The Day, July 30, 2010 2010/07/30 12:11:42 (permalink)
    You never fail to surprise me.
    Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re:Thought of The Day, July 30, 2010 2010/07/30 12:28:55 (permalink)
    Mooch4056

Some people say, "If you can't beat them, join them". I say, "If you can't beat them beat them", because they will be expecting you to join them, so you will have the element of surprise. WHAT!?

I have to agree there is nothing quite so satisfying as the sound of the wet soggy end of one of their own limbs slapping the look of total surprise from the unbelieving faces.  

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    SteveStrummerUK
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re:Thought of The Day, July 30, 2010 2010/07/30 13:16:36 (permalink)
    Wookiee

I have to agree there is nothing quite so satisfying as the sound of the wet soggy end of one of their own limbs slapping the look of total surprise from the unbelieving faces.  

That's pure poetry Wook

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Moshkiae
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6111
    Re:Thought of The Day, July 30, 2010 2010/07/30 16:00:23 (permalink)
    Hi,

I don't know ... I'm as competitive as anyone else out there and have a couple of tennis trophies (nothing major!) in my mantle ... but I have to admit that the biggest adversary I ever met was me, not the person on the other side of the net!

It's the same thing in just about anything else.

The problem I have with the attitude is that you spend so much time on something personal that you lose sight of the ability to get better yourself and learn from it. It's not about revenge or anything else ... it's about you learning more and better than the other person so you can do what you do better.

And this is what happens with a lot of musicians and artists. They are too keen on looking at others and comparing instead of finding out what is inside of themselves that allows them to be as big, or bigger than anyone else "out there".

So, in the end, as I say all the time ... the only person you gotta compete with is "YOU", and if you want to apply the scourge to yourself, go ahead! As much anger as you guys think I have, in the end, I have so little anger inside it's not funny. It doesn't mean I can not "let it out", but my internal tools and processes are all geared towards doing something better if I can!
    post edited by Moshkiae - 2010/07/30 16:15:05

As a wise Guy once stated from his holy chapala ... none of the hits, none of the time ... prevents you from becoming just another turkey in the middle of all the other turkeys! 

SteveStrummerUK
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re:Thought of The Day, July 30, 2010 2010/07/30 16:16:38 (permalink)
    Moshkiae

Hi,

I don't know ... I'm as competitive as anyone else out there and have a couple of tennis trophies (nothing major!) in my mantle ... but I have to admit that the biggest adversary I ever met was me, not the person on the other side of the net!

The problem I have with the attitude is that you spend so much time on something personal that you lose sight of the ability to get better yourself and learn from it. It's not about revenge or anything else ... it's about you learning more and better than the other person so you can do what you do better.

And this is what happens with a lot of musicians and artists. They are too keen on looking at others and comparing instead of finding out what is inside of themselves that allows them to be as big, or bigger than anyone else "out there".

So, in the end, as I say all the time ... the only person you gotta compete with is "YOU", and if you want to apply the scourge to yourself, go ahead!

So the fact that you are completely unable to run Music Creator is your own fault after all then Pedro?

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:Thought of The Day, July 30, 2010 2010/07/30 16:19:55 (permalink)
    SteveStrummerUK

Moshkiae

Hi,

So, in the end, as I say all the time ... the only person you gotta compete with is "YOU", and if you want to apply the scourge to yourself, go ahead!

So the fact that you are completely unable to run Music Creator is your own fault after all then Pedro?

Harsh! But fair.
    Moshkiae
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6111
    Re:Thought of The Day, July 30, 2010 2010/07/30 16:20:49 (permalink)
    Hi,

Well, when folks are not really checking the details and would rather get personal ... sure .. you can say end user.

But it is sad when all one can do is throw mud and **** at people, Strummy! That's ok, I can handle it! That's not competitive ... that's mean!

As a wise Guy once stated from his holy chapala ... none of the hits, none of the time ... prevents you from becoming just another turkey in the middle of all the other turkeys! 

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1