Time Markers with labels on Clips like on the main timeline?

Author
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
2015/02/17 15:55:11 (permalink)
5 (1)

Time Markers with labels on Clips like on the main timeline?

This has probably been mentioned before and perhaps there is some way to do this already but I would like to be able to add markers at certain points on clips for editing purposes.

Currently we can obviously put markers on the overall timeline with little labels to indicate this that or the other but I would like to do this at the clip level. This way I can have my overall song markers in the timeline but for editing I can listen to a clip/part and tag what is good, okay, bad, unuseable or whatever.

Currently I have to make timebased notes in the Take Lanes notes section such as...

1:26- 2:30 Good.
2:31- 3:00 Don't use.

This can be very tedious and the formatting in those note boxes is really screwy but it's all I got aside from actually writing it down in a notebook.

If I could just toss some little markers right on the clip and maybe have a tooltip pop up to show the label it would be very helpful while editing/comping the plethora of clips/takes I create while writing and tracking.

I've also posted about improving the Take Lanes note section to allow for more traditional editing and even creating time based "links" that can be inserted into the notes so the timeline jumps to that point upon clicking.

Just thinking stuff like this could make comping and editing a buttload faster/easier.

Cheers.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1