[Time Sensitive] Need your votes for a contest please

Author
joseharm
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 29
2011/11/20 05:58:24 (permalink)

[Time Sensitive] Need your votes for a contest please

Hello all,

Re:  Deadline for voting is this Friday, November 25th at approx. 11AM EST.

SITUATION:
I wouldn't consider myself a professional musician but over the years I've played in bands and have produced music for various types of projects of various size and complexity. I found out about a contest just a few days before the submission deadline and thought, "what the heck, the weekend is coming up I can whip up something fairly quickly".   Boy was I wrong.  I submitted my track in a rush due to some technical problems and the mixing and final mastering suffered because of it.  You may have seen my post last Monday where my audio started having dropouts, clicks and pops out of the blue and my latency setting where fine and so was my CPU usage.  I thought it was my audio card but eventually found out it was my project that got the audio corrupted somehow.  I therefore had to revert to a previous version of the project where I lost many hours of mixing and EQing work.  In any event I submitted what I had despite the quality of the audio.  I know... probably not a risk many of you would be willing to take.  Needless to say, I don't feel like what I submitted is all that representative of my typical work, sound quality wise.

THE ASK:
Now that the song is posted I thought I'd reach out to my fellow Cakewalk users for support in getting more votes.  This contest is in Argentina where the contestant who receives the most votes for producing a remix, for a very popular band called Babasonicos, wins. There are no judges so, truly, the winner is whoever gets the most votes (lucky for me, I think).  So I'm asking for the huge favor of voting for my remix entry. Although the particular section of the site hosting the contest entries is in Spanish, you should be able to listen to the remix and cast your vote off to the right-hand-side of the page under the "Votar" button without any problem (you can vote twice; once with your FB profile and the other with Twitter profile). The contest is hosted by www.talenthouse.com which is a very reputable U.S.-based web site and Universal Music Argentina.  If you're not already familiar with Talenthouse, you should be.  I just became aware of it and the collaboration projects and contest they host are very interesting to say the least for all kinds of arts (film, writing, graphic design, fashion design, etc.).  So please, check it out and I would really appreciate your support. If you have any questions you can reach out to me on my FB account or right back here.

BTW... for those of you who don't know Spanish, the song is a fun dance song where the theme and chorus are about dancing like a vodoo doll.  If you want to hear the original from the artist go to YouTube and look up Babasonicos Muneco de Haiti and the first search hit is the official released video.

Here's the link to vote for my remix:
http://www.talenthouse.com/creativeinvites/preview/a5b06cd61a06a2d06da90d9bc0c38c74/320?referral=fb_wall_vote_link&refId=25

Thanks and Best Regards, 
Herb Harmond 

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1