Tone2 Plugins Not Detected by Sonar

Author
cryophonik
Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4724
2017/04/08 16:11:17 (permalink)

Tone2 Plugins Not Detected by Sonar

I'm reinstalling some of my plugins that I hadn't reinstalled since I upgraded to W10 a few months ago, but for some reason, I cannot get SPLAT (latest version) to detect two of my Tone2 plugins: Gladiator and FilterBank3. I've installed, uninstalled (using Programs > Uninstall, and manually), and reinstalled them numerous times, but the Sonar plugin scanner is not detecting them, neither during the startup scan nor when I manually scan my plugin folder.  However, it is seeing BiFilter, Warmverb, and Saurus, all of which are in the same VST Plugins folder as Gladiator and FilterBank3.  And, neither of them are showing as "excluded plugins" - Sonar is simply not even seeing them for some reason.

I have downloaded the latest versions of all the Tone2 plugins, and all of them are detected by and working perfectly in Live, which scans the same plugin folder as Sonar.  Also, the standalone versions of both Gladiator and FilterBank3 (it's also a synth) work fine.  After I install them, I run the standalone versions first, and register them with the keyfile before running Sonar, so they are fully registered and ready to go.  I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

1 Reply Related Threads

cryophonik
    Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4724
    Re: Tone2 Plugins Not Detected by Sonar 2017/04/11 18:43:18 (permalink)
    So, an update.

Somehow, after a few more plugin reinstallations and computer reboots, etc. I got SPLAT to recognize Gladiator and FilterBank3, but not without other problems.  First, it did not detect them during the startup scan.  However, when I ran a manual scan from the Plugin Manager, it stalled on FilterBank3, then crashed my computer. After rebooting, it recognized FilterBank3 (but not Gladiator, Saurus, or Warmverb). So, another manual scan paused on Gladiator for a while, crashed my computer, then recognized Gladiator...same story for Saurus (i.e., detecting one at a time in alphabetical order, then crashing my computer). But, now every time I run a manual scan it stalls on either Gladiator or Saurus then crashes my computer, which means that SPLAT no longer detects Warmverb because it crashes before getting to it.  The ones that are detected seem to work fine once instantiated.

Something is clearly wonky with these Tone2 plugins.  Any other Tone2 plugin users here?

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
    Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1