Toneport input to PC without running Line 6 Gearbox?

Author
SteveStrummerUK
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31112
2008/02/01 15:03:15 (permalink)

Toneport input to PC without running Line 6 Gearbox?

Hi guys

I use a Line 6 Toneport UX2 as my audio interface/soundcard and usually run my guitar, bass and mic through the Line 6 Gearbox software into Cakewalk Guitar Tracks.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the inputs on the Toneport without having to run the Gearbox software; in other words as you would the Line In on a PC soundcard? I've disabled the onboard Realtek sound card and don't really want to have to keep enabling it just to use the line in socket.

I find I have to run Gearbox to input any signal into my PC whether I want to use the software or not; it's not a big headache but obviously if you want to run in a clean signal, you have to set Gearbox to the No-Amp and No-Cabinet settings and make sure there are no effects open.

I mostly need a completely clean input to DI my old cassette and LP audio into my PC for restoration and then burning to CD.

Thanks for any insight

Steve

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

3 Replies Related Threads

APC3
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1228
    RE: Toneport input to PC without running Line 6 Gearbox? 2008/02/02 08:56:19 (permalink)
    You sure can, just use ASIO drivers in Sonar and use send 3 as your input, you can record the dry track without opening Gearbox, you can also record a dry track along with the Gearbox processed track using send 3.
    SteveStrummerUK
    RE: Toneport input to PC without running Line 6 Gearbox? 2008/02/02 16:51:29 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply APC3

Trouble is, I run Guitar Tracks. It's set it to run on ASIO drivers.

I'm not sure if I can configure GT the same as you mentioned for Sonar - in any case I like to use Sound Forge or Steinberg 'Clean' to record from my old tapes and LP's.

Thanks anyway APC, I appreciate your input.

Steve

SteveStrummerUK
    RE: Toneport input to PC without running Line 6 Gearbox? 2008/02/02 17:48:57 (permalink)
    APC - seems your idea sort of works OK in Guitar Tracks!

I was using the 'Default' driver setting in GT, I was advised to change it to ASIO just last night, which I did, and now I've tried it [after replying to your post] I'm getting a clean signal into GT without running Gearbox - seems like your tip to use the ASIO drivers was spot on.

All I seem to have to make sure is that the input on the Toneport I use is the same as the last one set when I was using Gearbox and it's working fine.

Thanks again APC, problem sorted!

Steve

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1