Total Noob - Can I download more CakeWalk or Community made drum patterns?

Author
toddhd
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2011/11/26 22:08:19 (permalink)

Total Noob - Can I download more CakeWalk or Community made drum patterns?

I have the Guitar Tracks Pro kit with comes with the Instruments package. I love that there are several drum patterns included, but none really match my needs, and for the life of me I am having the hardest time figuring out how to create my own.

• Is there a good tutorial on creating your own drum patterns? 
  • Does Cakewalk sell pattern kits?
  • Is there a community page to create/trade patterns?
  • Is there perhaps another or 3rd party way to create these? On iPad perhaps?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

2 Replies Related Threads

Glyn Barnes
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7564
    Re:Total Noob - Can I download more CakeWalk or Community made drum patterns? 2011/11/27 07:11:55 (permalink)
    Yes, cakewalk sells both audio and MIDI loops - http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cgbp/category.aspx?categoryID=41&cat=41

Audio loops are recordings of a drummer playing a kit which youcan chain together in a track. Midi loops are used to control the Drumkit in Studio Instruments.

You can buy MIDI loops in various styles from other parties. Groove Monkee is a good place to look. There is a free pack with about 600 patterns you can try out.

Other suppliers include Toontrack , Oddgrooves (has some free ones) and Platinum Samples 

I have never used Guitar tracks. Ways to create your own MIDI loops in Sonar are.
    Record MIDI from a keyboard or drum pads.
    Draw in the notes in the staff view or piano roll view.
    Use the step sequencer.

post edited by Glyn Barnes - 2011/11/27 07:13:04

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
    Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
    Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Total Noob - Can I download more CakeWalk or Community made drum patterns? 2011/11/27 14:07:38 (permalink)
    My first move beyond the default patterns and drawing them myself was with Jamstix. www.rayzoon.com 

This is a drum synth that creates the tracks for you based on what you want..... style, kit, groove, and drummer personality. 

It's a very cool synth. It cut my drum track creation  from hours.... or longer to literally a few minutes. It's totally editable as well. So if it does something you don't like, it's fixable easily. 

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1