Helpful ReplyTotally new to DAW

Author
Andy Feenix
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2014/03/28 18:51:41 (permalink)

Totally new to DAW

Is there a thread available where someone totally out of touch with modern recording can get questions answered? I'm pretty much new to forums as well and always seem to post in the wrong place. Apologies for this in advance, any advice on this gratefully accepted. I have Sonar X2 Studio and am upgrading to X3 Producer on April 1st. My problem at the moment is: How to align tracks in Sonar? I recorded all tracks on Sonar X2, but when I play back the project, all tracks are out of Sync! The documentation is voluminous and I can't seem to find the solution. It's probably such a stupid question that it isn't even addressed. I love Sonar and am impressed with all the features. I'm a songwriter and until now I've always recorded in a physical environment. Does anyone have the time and patience for questions from a totally Computer DAW illiterate musician? Thanks.
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Totally new to DAW 2014/03/28 19:07:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Schafe 2014/04/27 08:30:21
I think you will find the people in the X series forum will be glad to help. This is a very low volume forum and although it may be the "proper" place for a beginner, the X series forum is much more active and has every level of expertise.

One thing many find helpful is a detailed list of your PC hardware, audio interface, version of Windows and SONAR added to your signature. Your post is a case in point where information about your audio interface may be useful.

Usually tracks get out of sync when monitoring through the DAW (i.e. using track input echo for monitoring) with high latency values while recording. It is possible to nudge tracks to re-align them manually but a dedicated audio interface and improved recording workflow would be a better solution.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1