Totally new with Music creator HELP

Author
kwells007
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2006/07/25 05:52:02 (permalink)

Totally new with Music creator HELP

oK so like I said I am totally confused. I just bought Music Creator 3. Here is what I am working with. I have a Roland HP-103 digital piano and pretty powerfull Dell laptop and this program. First off as soon as I start the program I get an audio driver error. It only shows one thing in it and that is (Sigma Tel C- Major Audio) It gives me the option of disabling it or continue anyways. If i disable, I get no sound and problems launching mc 3, If i contine anyways then I get a new screen. (No MIDI outputs selected) (This means you may not hear any tracks playback). If i say choose midi then another screen pops up asking for me to click on a device. The only thing showing is (Microsoft MIDI mapper) and that is all. That shows up under outputs but nothing under inputs. Now mind you my piano is not hooked up yet, so I need to know if that is what is wrong. So anyways if I highlight MIDI mapper then click ok, it goes right back to the same screen saying to choose MIDI output or continue with no MIDI output selected. If I continue I get no sound whatsoever.......Very confused here....Please help
Signed confused Kwells007

Also do I need anymore equipment or another program?
post edited by kwells007 - 2006/07/25 06:04:29

4 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Totally new with Music creator HELP 2006/07/25 08:05:03 (permalink)
    The Sigma Tel sound chips (on board sound) have been known to have problems with CW products. It's possible you might have to buy an external (USB or Firewire) or PCMCIA sound device in order to get this stuff to work. the onboard sound is not designed for recording work anyway, so if you have the budget and want to increase your quality, consider getting an external device.

Try this: open MC, don't worry about any popups, just click them away. go to OPTIONS>AUDIO>ADVANCED 1/2 down that window, change the DRIVER MODE to MME, click OK. Shut down MC and restart it. Let the wave profiler run again and hopefully it won't tell you that there's a problem, if it does, choose USE ANYWAY.

don't worry about not having MIDI INPUTS/OUTPUTS yet if you don't have your keyboard connected. Once you get your keyboard connected, then choose it at least for inputs - you probably don't want it for output unless you want your MIDI to be sent to the keyboard and not played out of your speakers.

I suggest you then go to the help file and work thru the GETTING STARTED GUIDE and the TUTORIALS. They will be a big help to you.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Robomusic
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Totally new with Music creator HELP 2006/07/25 11:46:19 (permalink)
    He will need a midi output to do the tutorials. Under the MME driver mode select Microsoft synth GS as the midi output and proceed to the tutorials.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Totally new with Music creator HELP 2006/07/25 12:02:11 (permalink)
    yep - forgot about telling him that - thanks robo

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    CakeMaker
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 469
    RE: Totally new with Music creator HELP 2006/07/28 07:40:48 (permalink)
    Kwells,
    U should def check this:
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=433346
    it's got all the basics in there... Definitely read thru- it will really help to get the basics down. It's so important to have a thorough understanding of the basics... And, the "search" function is great! Hit that, and then type in your term and it will bring back all the threads in relation to your query. Honestly, it really, really helps!
    Bestest,
    CakeMaker
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1