Touch screen question

Author
gswitz
Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5694
2016/12/25 15:25:48 (permalink)

Touch screen question

I have a touch screen... model is in my signature... and it is plugged in with both a USB cable and a high def cable of some sort HDMI or some other one. USB is for the touch control and a USB hub.

The problem...
The computer makes it run as a USB display as well as a regular display.

I regularly go into device manager and disable the USB display, but it gets rediscovered any time there are Windows updates. The result is that the computer extends my desktop... showing the same monitor as two monitors. I can move the mouse to a place I cannot see. Disabling the USB version of the monitor is then a recurring task.

I tried just disconnecting the high def cable, but then the display was laggy and cumbersome and not as nice looking.

Any ideas how I can ensure that USB display adapters are never used?

On a separate note, sometimes my mouse pointer goes to the top center of the touch screen. This is irritating. Touching the screen is usually sufficient to resolve it.

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.

3 Replies Related Threads

slartabartfast
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5289
    Re: Touch screen question 2016/12/25 16:15:13 (permalink)
    Some of these monitors apparently install the USB connection as a service. If so, and if you can find it, you may be able to set it to start manually instead of automatically.
    gswitz
    Re: Touch screen question 2016/12/25 16:46:41 (permalink)
    Ah thanks. I'll hunt for that.

I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    gswitz
    Re: Touch screen question 2016/12/26 09:14:26 (permalink)
    I have not been able to put my finger on any service that is causing the problem.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1