[Track] Danger

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
bulls hit
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 822
RE: [Track] Danger 2007/08/06 06:39:42 (permalink)
Ha! This made me smile. After a couple of listens, it's quite catchy. I like the drums sound on the fills
HiThere
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 471
RE: [Track] Danger 2007/08/06 16:34:16 (permalink)
Bulls, thank you. It's not meant to be funny, but the Borat-like accent makes people smile, even when not intended :)
AT
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10654
RE: [Track] Danger 2007/08/10 17:55:32 (permalink)
I would clean up the vox - get a little high end back in and then mix them down a little. Esp. at the beginning, it is a little hard to understand the vox.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
HiThere
RE: [Track] Danger 2007/08/10 21:02:40 (permalink)
AT, easier said than done :) How do I get the high end back into the vox?
syntheticpop
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 688
RE: [Track] Danger 2007/08/11 02:14:50 (permalink)
well, it sure isn't synthpop. maybe your next track you can add more synths for flair. doesn't matter though, as long as your music is tight and gets people listening. you don't seem like a newbie, how long have you been doing this? I know you mentioned it's your first P5 track but you seem very knowledgeable as far as effects, eq, vocal treatment goes.
DelvarWorld
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 223
RE: [Track] Danger 2007/08/11 16:58:08 (permalink)
Sorry man, I don't like this track at all. The vocals are ameature and lack emotion and energy, occasionally off tempo; and everything sounds like it sits wrong in the mix. It's all very muddy and very hard to pick out individual instruments, and everything sounds like there's a blanket thrown over my speakers. The quality of the instruments is also poor, I don't know if it's because of the mix but they sound more synthesized than they should. By all means keep trying, you've definitely got the head for it, but I wouldn't include this song on your platinum album.
HiThere
RE: [Track] Danger 2007/08/11 20:37:59 (permalink)
Hi, syntheticpop:

Before "Danger" I made two songs using a Yamaha keyboard's melodies. One is called "A Sandwich song," and has been somewhat successful, achieving a 3.0 on a 1-5 scale rating during a comedy competition on Garageband, but not making it past the first round. That was for the third remix, mind you, so it takes a while to get it right :)

The second song was "Abuse," a tough-sounding rap song about an abused little girl. But it was so badly produced that I got it off Garageband after one round of competition and don't plan a remix any time soon.

Then, I bought P5, and it became much easier to make music. Danger was the first P5 song I made, and it is all one loop played with 4-5 instruments, plus two drum tracks, plus a bit of piano. My latest P5 song called "A One-Night Wife" has been doing well in the Comedy competition.

I agree with Delvar that Danger does not sound all that good, though some Garageband reviewers like the trance-y feel of the song, and a few like the message.

I've got two more songs coming up soon, one an upbeat instrumental electronica song, and the other a morality-rap-dance kind of a song. Let's see if there is any progress - I hope you guys would let me know :)

Thank you, again, everyone, for your valuable input! The only way to grow is to hear constructive criticism.

ORIGINAL: syntheticpop

well, it sure isn't synthpop. maybe your next track you can add more synths for flair. doesn't matter though, as long as your music is tight and gets people listening. you don't seem like a newbie, how long have you been doing this? I know you mentioned it's your first P5 track but you seem very knowledgeable as far as effects, eq, vocal treatment goes.

post edited by HiThere - 2007/08/11 20:50:05
AT
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10654
RE: [Track] Danger 2007/08/11 21:59:12 (permalink)
HT,

go back to the original recording - or was it recorded like that? If that is the case an exciter might work. I had some success on an old cassette recording with one of virtusonic's collection of convolution effects - it put in some high that wasn't there before.

http://www.virtuasonic.com/

I forget which impulse - I think it was one of the colors. But it is a CD worth having. effects impulses are like soccer in America - always the next big thing. But I use 'em and love 'em.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
Kakkoii
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: [Track] Danger 2007/08/13 21:13:34 (permalink)
First i'd like to say, Great work :P. The sounds in you're songs could use a little more "Punch" to them, But other then that, You're songs are great and unique.

Secondly, You're songs remind me of this lol. http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bang

No pun intended, I just thought it was rather funny haha.
HiThere
RE: [Track] Danger 2007/08/14 07:16:20 (permalink)
AT, thank you for the tip! I found the convolution effects a bit too ambient to my taste :) I will raise the vox volume a bit and add "Bright Accoustics" exciter - hopefully that will address the issue of unclear vocals.

Kakkoii, thank you for your kinds words!
syntheticpop
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 688
RE: [Track] Danger 2007/08/16 00:21:34 (permalink)
just out of curiosity, what style or genre of music do most P5 users make? Is P5 marketed towards the electronic type of music? I guess I can't complain since I'll be making synthpop which is very electronic and full of analog sounds. So did I make a mistake in picking up Dimension Pro?
HiThere
RE: [Track] Danger 2007/08/16 03:48:23 (permalink)
It appears there is lots of ambient and slow electronica made by P5 users. Dim Pro has some very good sounds from what I hear (I only have Dim without Pro), but for some seriously rhythmic dancy music Rapture seems to be an awesome synth. I've downloaded a demo of it, and it sounds very good. Let's hope Cake would bring back the $100 Rapture special, as I just missed it a few weeks ago, and at $200 Rapture costs almost as much as the entire P5!

ORIGINAL: syntheticpop

just out of curiosity, what style or genre of music do most P5 users make? Is P5 marketed towards the electronic type of music? I guess I can't complain since I'll be making synthpop which is very electronic and full of analog sounds. So did I make a mistake in picking up Dimension Pro?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1