[Track] Judgment Day

Author
HiThere
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 471
2009/09/02 05:41:41 (permalink)

[Track] Judgment Day

Hi, folks!

Kindly take a listen and let me know if you can understand the lyrics, and if the vocals are mixed too hot, and if so by how much. Any other thoughts? Thank you!

http://starturl.com/jncud

I am using a URL reduction site, as P5 forum can't display this URL link fully...

http://www.garageband.com/song?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSgaFSxZGA

Can't find "attach a URL" feature anymore...

5 Replies Related Threads

agincourtdb
    Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4753
    Re:[Track] Judgment Day 2009/09/02 19:40:29 (permalink)
    I can understand the lyrics. Mixed maybe a tad hot. But I'd be more worried about the intonation and timing: vocal track could use some serious editing/comping.

cryophonik
    Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4724
    Re:[Track] Judgment Day 2009/09/03 12:35:07 (permalink)
    Not really my taste stylistically or lyrically, but definitely an interesting listen with some nice elements.  The lyrics are intelligible, but the distorted vocal sound gets a little tiring - I prefer that type of effect served up in smaller portions, but that's just me.  I agree with Dave that the vocals could use some work.  On the other hand, they're consistently just ahead of the beat, which creates a sense of urgency, so maybe that's what you were going for?

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
    Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

blipp
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7006
    Re:[Track] Judgment Day 2009/09/03 18:22:55 (permalink)
    I trust no satanic presets where used in the production of this track.

I'm not sure what to make of this to be honest.  I could make out all the lyrics, but i agreed with none of them, but then again, i'm not religious.

This is'nt my sort of music, although it does sort of remind me of front242, who i used to listen to in the 80's. 
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:[Track] Judgment Day 2009/09/04 00:12:14 (permalink)
    I found this one interesting.  I could understand most of the lyrics w/o listening hard and thought the distortion worked ok - it is one of those on all or just a little effect.  I also liked the build up, tho the first vocal/piano section(s) were too long - or too many.  And I really liked the the beat section.  It worked well.  I'd cut one of the "intro" sections - I think we got the message the first time.  Double the beat section and maybe try some vox or lead in the new 2nd beat section and then come down for the outro. 

My other question is the sound is very dark - little high end.  Maybe some cymbol splash or some other high frequency info would widen the canvas you are working on.  But maybe you nailed the sound you wanted for the song.  It works well with the distortion vox, but some clear high-end might make the song feel less constricted.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    HiThere
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 471
    Re:[Track] Judgment Day 2009/09/20 19:36:40 (permalink)
    Guys, much appreciate the feedback. We certainly don't need to agree with our musical tastes to offer suggestions :) I'll leave the track as is for the Garageband competition, and then will probably remix it one of those days. Thank you again!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1