Track - Opium by Le Gregore

Author
maxthecat
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 647
2012/02/03 01:12:43 (permalink)

Track - Opium by Le Gregore

Just posted a new song call Opium, lyrics from a poem by Albert De Pourville, a French poet living in China in the early 1900's who smoke opium everyday until he died at 75.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=611335

5 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Track - Opium by Le Gregore 2012/02/06 13:08:47 (permalink)
    This is really interesting stuff and one of the most original tunes I've heard around here.  The mix has all the elements in the right place at the right time.  The overall vibe is very exotic, and it pulls the listener into its reverie.  It reminds me of one of my old pipe dreams that I had years ago, but I won't go there.  You get full points for plating, originality, and taste.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    maxthecat
    Re:Track - Opium by Le Gregore 2012/02/06 20:49:51 (permalink)
    Lynn

This is really interesting stuff and one of the most original tunes I've heard around here.  The mix has all the elements in the right place at the right time.  The overall vibe is very exotic, and it pulls the listener into its reverie.  It reminds me of one of my old pipe dreams that I had years ago, but I won't go there.  You get full points for plating, originality, and taste.

Thanks Lynn for taking the time to listen and the compliments, much appreciated! I knew sooner or later I'd get to use the Chinese Dizi flute VSTi I have for something!
    LanceJ
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 331
    Re:Track - Opium by Le Gregore 2012/02/07 11:49:02 (permalink)
    I agree with Lynn.  The originality is wonderful.  I never stop being amazed at how varied the music is that is posted here.

I would have never conceived of a piece like this.  It is refreshing to experience it.

Regards,
    Lance

Keeping it simple

www.sonusproject.com
    Sonar X3d 64 bit , Exclusively using software synths & FX, D-Pro, Rapture, zt3a+2
    Komplete 9 Ultimate, GPO3, Garritan Jazz & Big Band, EastWest, Chris Hein Horns, Presonus FireStudio Project Audio Interface, Roland A80 Midi Controller, Tannoy 501A Monitors  

Win 7 Pro 64, I7-2600, 8GB DDR3, w/Firewire

maxthecat
    Re:Track - Opium by Le Gregore 2012/02/09 22:24:32 (permalink)
    Thanks Lance. More to come. Thanks for listening. I was looking to create a piece that would compliment the poem. Something that would allow me to combine various of my musical influences. Its interesting to me how many musical styles from various cultures are so related and can work together to compliment each other. This has Indonesian Gamelan, Chinese Dizi flute and gong combined with a slow funking fretless sort of stoney bassline and ambient music. It all works well together to accompany the poem written by a Frenchmen living on China in the early 1900's who was experimenting with opium.

LanceJ

I agree with Lynn.  The originality is wonderful.  I never stop being amazed at how varied the music is that is posted here.

I would have never conceived of a piece like this.  It is refreshing to experience it.

Regards,
    Lance

kennywtelejazz
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7151
    Re:Track - Opium by Le Gregore 2012/02/12 06:40:58 (permalink)
    Hi Glenn,
    yeah,  this tune as it unfolds is very creative
    it definitely conveys Hip.
    That phrase came from  the way folks in the opium dens were laying on their sides while they were stoned .
    real nice to hear your music  again

Kenny 

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
    The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
    I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
    The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1