Track clips at 9dB when using certain effects

Author
amaclow
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/02/02 03:43:14 (permalink)

Track clips at 9dB when using certain effects

Hello everybody,
I am using Sonar 8 and I'm finding that when I save a project and open it back up, the track bus (vocals in particular) will clip at +9dB instantaneously when I have certain effects enabled, particularly the VX64 vocal strip and the Channel tools, although others will randomly do it too. It's wierd, Ill try different combinations of turning the effect on and off in combination with others, and it will usually stop doing it after a while. It didn't use to do this. Maybe I have too many busses in use or something? Any thoughts?

1 Reply Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:Track clips at 9dB when using certain effects 2011/02/02 23:02:32 (permalink)
    I'm not sure I understand the problem.  technically you shouldn't be running anything over 0dB.  sonar's 64bit processing can easily deal with +9dB but why are you trying to go above that on purpose?

your tracks and buses shouldn't be set to go over 0dB.  in fact they probably should be less than that because when you sum them at the master bus then they'll go over there.  you can limit at the master bus and sonar can handle all of the internal processing that does go over 0dB, but I don't understand what you mean about clipping at +9dB or why you're trying to go higher than that anyway.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1