Track crossovering

Author
ferrel23
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2005/05/01 01:42:24 (permalink)

Track crossovering

I have my drums on track one and when I go to record my guitar on track 3 ,track one bleeds onto track 3 or should I say it does a full record of track one..what gives..
please help..
thanks...

13 Replies Related Threads

Triplesixer
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: Track crossovering 2005/05/01 14:10:58 (permalink)
    I have the same problem, did you find a way to fix this ? it does the same exact thing to me, all i want is the guitar on one track and drums on another , and I want to ble able to record guitar track only while hearing the drums on the other track, help a noob out pls thx !
    RevRaz
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 65
    RE: Track crossovering 2005/05/01 16:09:33 (permalink)
    Not sure what you guys mean. If you only click the Record button on one of the tracks, it shouldnt record on any of the rest of them.
    Strryder
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 426
    RE: Track crossovering 2005/05/01 19:07:09 (permalink)
    This should help you guys..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    quote:

If you are not using an external hardware mixer, then this should be fixable by going into either the windows mixer, or the soundcard's mixer applet and making sure that it's recording properties are set for ONLY the actual device you are using for your input, in other words, if your are using the 'line input" as your recording source, then make sure that "line input" is the ONLY input device selected.

This type of "track bleed" is usually due to the fact that most stock soundcards are setup with many recording sources active all the time, including " what you hear", or "wave out", or "wave", or "stereo mix", or something similar, this means that whatever sound is coming out of the speakers will be recorded, this is no good when multitracking.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Triplesixer
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: Track crossovering 2005/05/02 00:40:49 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Strryder

This should help you guys..

quote:

If you are not using an external hardware mixer, then this should be fixable by going into either the windows mixer, or the soundcard's mixer applet and making sure that it's recording properties are set for ONLY the actual device you are using for your input, in other words, if your are using the 'line input" as your recording source, then make sure that "line input" is the ONLY input device selected.

This type of "track bleed" is usually due to the fact that most stock soundcards are setup with many recording sources active all the time, including " what you hear", or "wave out", or "wave", or "stereo mix", or something similar, this means that whatever sound is coming out of the speakers will be recorded, this is no good when multitracking.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes that was exactly it, thank you guys ! altho I found out after posting, this sure clears up why it happened, selected only the right input and voila thx im off recording !
    post edited by Triplesixer - 2005/05/02 00:42:03
    ferrel23
    RE: Track crossovering 2005/05/05 05:15:19 (permalink)
    thanks for taking the time to help us..but I still have the problem..I use the delta M audio sound card..how can I stop the track bleeding..this is getting old ..thanks for any help!!!

God Gave Us a wonderful gift
    Strryder
    RE: Track crossovering 2005/05/05 13:04:29 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ferrel23

thanks for taking the time to help us..but I still have the problem..I use the delta M audio sound card..how can I stop the track bleeding..this is getting old ..thanks for any help!!!

Here's an old post I made a while back..

It's been a while since I used a delta card, but I think you have to select a HW input as your recording source in GTP2, if you have the monitor mixer selected as your recording source you will have track bleed.

And here's another, with more detail..

On the Audiophile's mixer panel,

On the patchbay/routing page, assign HWOut 1/2 to the monitor mixer, this is sending the Monitor Mixer's signal to the actual HardWare Output 1/2, this is where your speakers/monitor setup is connected.

On the Monitor Mixer page, put the faders for the monitor mixer all the way up, also put the faders for WaveOut 1/2 all the way up, (I'm assuming that you have a volume control on your speakers/monitor setup to control the actual monitoring level). Also set all of the other faders all the way down, and make sure that the mute checkboxes are checked for everything except WaveOut 1/2 and the Monitor Mixer.

In GTP2,

Under options/audio/drivers make sure that all of your Audiophile ins/outs are listed and selected, unless you will only want to see a single main stereo output inGTP2, in that case, in the output drivers section only select WaveOut 1/2 for your output driver, also deselect any SB drivers, then you may have to close/re-open GTP2.

Once this is done you can assign the main stereo output channel to use WaveOut 1/2 as it's output device.

When you go to record a mono track, choose the side of the stereo input pair (WaveIn 1/2), that you have your recording source plugged into, if you are recording a stereo track (2 mics or a stereo processor), you would select the stereo option.

On the monitor Mixer page of the Audiophile control panel look at the HW in 1/2 input channel and unmute the one that you have your recording source plugged into, then bring up the fader and balance that level with the output signal on WaveOut 1/2 which will be the output for GTP2, these two signals are being monitored thru the monitor mixer, use the monitor mixer's fader to control the overall volume level.

You can find a lot of help by using the forum's search function.
    ferrel23
    RE: Track crossovering 2005/05/16 02:32:28 (permalink)
    thanks but It did not work.this is driving me NUTS!!!!

ferrel23
    RE: Track crossovering 2005/05/16 02:39:28 (permalink)
    stryder..I did what you said but with no luck....I did notice somthing weird.. I will have gt3 open and have a cd playing and you can see the meter on the gt3 program moving!!!..I have no mics, guitar or anything thank can pick up a sound and I can not figure it out, its like theres a hidden mike in my studio..
    any suggestions????....

milo
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 318
    RE: Track crossovering 2005/05/16 02:55:59 (permalink)
    sounds like a wrong sound card setting some where

my guitar is the gateway to my soul
    my site
    http://www.miloguy.com/
    pcmodeler
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 104
    RE: Track crossovering 2005/05/16 07:19:47 (permalink)
    Same problem sometimes with the click track. I'm using headphones and the US-122, so I know it aint picking up the sound through the pickup. Gotta be some monitoring issue. I am using the headphone jack on the US-122.
    Strryder
    RE: Track crossovering 2005/05/16 22:29:10 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ferrel23

stryder..I did what you said but with no luck....I did notice somthing weird.. I will have gt3 open and have a cd playing and you can see the meter on the gt3 program moving!!!..I have no mics, guitar or anything thank can pick up a sound and I can not figure it out, its like theres a hidden mike in my studio..
    any suggestions????....

If you have not set an active input device for the track in GTP3, there should be no meter movement, if there is, then that would mean that the track is getting an active input, exactly what is the track's input set to?

If you look in "options/audio/drivers" is the M-Audio card the only one who's drivers are selected/enabled? If there are ANY other audio drivers highlighted, de-select them.

Exactly what is the input set to for the track in GTP3 that's getting your CD audio?

Do NOT select the Delta Monitor Mixer as your recording source, this is the same as using the "what you hear" setting on a soundblaster card, and will record any audio being monitored thru the monitor mixer.

destroy
    • Total Posts : 15
    RE: Track crossovering 2005/05/17 08:24:23 (permalink)
    sound card record option
    select Line2/mic2
    zeypxun
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 918
    RE: Track crossovering 2007/05/15 18:18:51 (permalink)
    Wow this is an older post... How did I get here?
    post edited by zeypxun - 2007/05/15 18:23:35

www.reverbnation.com/zeypxuntomlittle

Look me up on myspace!
    www.myspace.com/zeypxun

I'm so happy Faith No More is BACK!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1