Track templates – Folder creation spam

Author
Loptec
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 948
2016/05/21 06:06:40 (permalink)

Track templates – Folder creation spam

I almost exclusively use track templates instead of inserting instruments and tracks the old fashion way. I also use folder to organize things, putting for example all guitars in one folder, all MIDI-tracks in one folder and so on.

Track templates are awesome, but IMO they don’t handle folders well.

If I for example load a track template in there's a MIDI-track inside a folder called ‘MIDI’ on save, this MIDI-track will (of course) be placed in a folder called ‘MIDI’ on load.

If I've worked for a while on a project, I will surely already have a folder called ‘MIDI’ in there. When loading this track template (described above) Sonar will create a new doublet folder called ‘MIDI’, which only confuses things.

Suggestion:
Wouldn’t it be better if track templates searched the project for existing folders to see if the names match the ones saved with the template? And if they find a match they could place the new tracks inside the already existing folder, instead of creating a doublet?
post edited by Loptec - 2016/05/21 09:01:08

SAMUEL LIDSTRÖM

DAW: Sonar Platinum (64bit) with Melodyne Studio - Controllers: Roland VS-700C, Cakewalk A-500 Pro, Yamaha P90
Desktop Audio Interface: RME HDSPe RayDAT - Laptop Audio Interface: RME Babyface Pro

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1