Trouble getting my Platinum extensions into BandLab

Author
loopyd
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 117
2018/10/24 11:46:02 (permalink)

Trouble getting my Platinum extensions into BandLab

Anyone else running into the error about the incorrect version of the program when attempting to use the Cakewalk Command Center to install Cakewalk SONAR Platinum features into the BandLab Edition that's being managed by the BandLab assistant ?

The only hypothetical solution I've seen to this is to install the 2017.3 (old Gibson version), then BandLab on top of it.  But I feel like that'd cause a massive registry conflict ?  I want all my FX Chains and Platinum expansions back I paid for including my butt-load of 30th anniversary features and free expansions I've collected through my veteran account

The big issue with not having these features is some of my existing project files use them. Meaning I can't continue work on them until I find a solution.

This is a bit frustrating.  The old Cakewalk installer seems to block-wall getting all my platinum features into BandLab (though they theoretically should be compatible for the most part, long as BandLab hasn't updated the format). I get a popup that says the program version is not correct, and they won't install (obviously, Command Center is old like me).

If there is a workaround to force the install instead of having to have both versions on my producer workstation (and waste a ton of HDD space) I 'd like to hear it.  It recently got a reinstall of operating system and an Enterprise Edition of Windows 10 that wasn't cheap but puts me on a slower track than what the consumer edition of Windows 10 gets, thankfully.

In therapy for SSH-shell second-hand-managed VPS-induced PTSD.
Courtesy BlueHost

3 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Trouble getting my Platinum extensions into BandLab 2018/10/24 13:46:19 (permalink)
    To get all the content bundled with 64bit SONAR requires installing SONAR. Once installed, the content will be available to CbB. Both on disk and in the registry each program have areas they share and areas they do not share. Having both programs installed does not cause registry conflicts.
    John
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 30467
    Re: Trouble getting my Platinum extensions into BandLab 2018/10/24 14:04:09 (permalink)
    The Sonar program does not use a lot of HD space. I have both and I find there is no conflict or wasted HD use. 

Best
    John
    loopyd
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 117
    Re: Trouble getting my Platinum extensions into BandLab 2018/10/24 18:16:30 (permalink)
    Alright.  I'm going to spend some time getting both versions installed and see if the issue resolves itself.  It will take about 2 days on my DSL connection to download everything.

In therapy for SSH-shell second-hand-managed VPS-induced PTSD.
    Courtesy BlueHost

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1